New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for recovery of erased emails from back-ups

Please restore old emails! No notice given; have been on yahoo mail for 20 years; emails from deceased parents with family history gone! It would be a great option to have ability to recover erased emails from back-ups. I use Yahoo email for long-term content & historical tracking, with other email for day to day and another for work. Yahoo's unilateral decision to erase my data has left me at an extreme loss!

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  79 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stop showing adds in mail box

stop showing adds in mail box that's irritating.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  59 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. stop showing videos!!!!

obviously, NOBODY wants the stupid videos!!!! get rid of them as we ALL keep asking!!! this is gonna make me close the account and I already don't use it but a couple of times a year!

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. LOOKS LIKE YOU ****** HAVE FINALLY MADE VERIZON/YAHOO E-MAIL EVEN SHITTIER THAN OUTLOOK! TWICE NOW, WHILE CHECKING MY INBOX IN MID-SENTENCE,

You ******** REALLY need to find something to do, other than trying as hard as you can to make Yahoo e-mail as ****** as possible! THREE TIMES NOW, when I've been right in the middle of reading an e-mail, the screen would suddenly flip back to the ******* Login screen--so I have to drop everything and SIGN BACK IN, just to show that Yahoo IT idiots know how to make it as ****** as they can. Just go back up to the roof and snort some more lines, instead, or maybe get busy popping each others' ZITS--BUT LEAVE THE *******…

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reply cannot remove original sender

When reply or reply all, the senders and recipients auto populated in TO and CC cannot be removed.
    The remove "x" button is there but clicking does not do anything.
    If you add new recipients, those can be removed by clicking "x"
    Something is wrong with the auto populated To and CC

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. All the folders are empty!

I just logged in my very old yahoo mail account only to find all my emails gone, every box is empty, how do we restore the old emails? how can we restore the data now.. its pathetic.

9th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP having the 'make more room' ad EACH time I look at my mail. If not, I will not find it hard to use another mail service.

you have me "X" out each time I see each one of my emails. Each time. SO if I have 100 emails..... I do not wish to pay for my email to have 'more room'.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How about you quit monkeying around with it and leave it the way it was?

I see similar ideas but you have made it too difficult to vote for them, so here ya go.

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When I review emails, a popup asks if I am searching for something. Extremely irritating and time wasting.

in the past week, when I start reviewing emails a popup comes up and asks if I am searching. I turn off the popup and keep reviewing incoming mail. This wastes my time. I contacted customer support and they said it cannot be turned off. I have Yahoo+ and I think this is the best product you offer. There should be a way to turn this popup off because you just turned it on a few days ago.

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create different colored stars

I would like to create different colored stars so that I can keep things in my inbox but separate them at a glance. For instance I keep my bills starred in my inbox until they are paid, but I also run a business and star them as well for other reasons. If I could pick the color of my star it would be easier to differentiate my emails until they are filed in their respective folders. Thank you, Lesley

8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. captcha

Stop the incessant "Prove you're not a robot" Captcha requests at sign-in! I have not had any recent security issues or entered incorrect passwords, which are your supposed reasons for these annoying and time-wasting requests.

10th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Yahoo is no good, period. Worthless, viral infected site. Spend 20 minutes composing message, then suddenly vanishes. Yahoo Co. is corrupt.

Totally wasted, infected site. I compose a message for 20 minutes, and message is erased; it vanishes! I have no trust in Yahoo, as I have never and will never have trust in this 7th grade educated, 100% viral infected site. Yahoo is NEVER TO BE TRUSTED. Do not use Yahoo for nothing, as they are a nothing site. What a pathetic waste of time. DO NOT EVER TRUST YAHOO, FOR IF YOU DO, THEY WILL DISSAPOINT YOU EVERYTIME. What a wasted, busted, ripoff company. You are no good to anyone; just another crooked, scam ripoff company. Nothing good about…

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Schedule email feature please!!!

Scheduled emails - please could you add this feature as I am considering moving my emails to Google because of this feature alone.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make a way to enlarge font size for us older folks.

Make a way to enlarge font size for us older folks.

21st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. WHAT **** R U GUYS DOING

WHY R U GUYS ******* US IN THE CAPTCHA **** WHY THE **** NOW WHAT A ******* PAIN IN THE **** ASSHOLESSSSSSSSSSSS

17th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back Alias feature

Pls bring back ability to recover and/or create Alias function as i deleted the Alias accidentally and henceforth it is inconvenient to log in to yahoo account. Thx.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dynamic date separators: option to supress

I find them pointless (there is a "date" column for a reason) and a waste of valuable screen real estate. Since it has been six months since the last thread on this subject was closed, I am re-submitting the request: give us a options setting to shut this "feature" off please.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let user spam filters sending spam straight to trash override your filters putting them into spam for users to move to trash

Your filters to move spam to trash do not work. Fix them. Expand blocked emails to 10000. You ask for feedback but do nothing with it. Things remain the same

25th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. enable finding number of messages in yahoo mail inbox, sent box, etc., currently unavailable

Simply show the number of emails in the Inbox, Outbox and other boxes when cursor is on the designated box, without having to go to settings, which currently does not offer that option. Currently the settings do not indicate an option to find the current number of emails in the various mail boxes.

21st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why did you get rid of "Compose" in the older version? You forced me to upgrade to this horribly rendered UI. Stop messing around

Why did you get rid of "Compose" in the older version of YMail? You forced me to upgrade to this horribly rendered UI. Stop messing around

15th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base