New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. get rid off white list notification.

I do not want ANY ads on my email, EMAIL should be EMAIL nothing else. Make money with other means

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2050 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pop ups

Please delete those annoying pop-ups. I do not need nor want it every time I try to read my email.

28th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Slow speed

I don't mind the new format but I do mind the often slow web speeds of Yahoo.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  46 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Too many ads!!!

Ad overload. I don't mind ads, but your interface takes it to new extremes, especially when I try check a folder with no messages in it.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  188 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. just return me to my old format. thank you..... please

just give me back my old email. don't like this one.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13965 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want the old format back.

I want the old format back. Too much bother with this one.

39th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  105 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Too many popups

Stop with the popups after they are viewed one time. Thanks.

38th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I absolute hate your new format. Too few emails are being displayed. Cannot find Contact list.

Show the contact list. I am not able to find it. Also you are displaying too few emails, on my laptop only five, cannot expand window. I have this new format. How do I go back to the old one?

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

249 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Our engineers are working on incorporating Contacts into the new format. We appreciate your patience while we work on this.

In the meantime, you can access contacts by clicking on the icon on the upper right side (small icon made up of a rectangle with three small stacked squares). This will open Contacts in a new tab of your browser in the Classic Mail look. You can also access your contacts via https://contacts.yahoo.com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

9. HATE ... HATE... HATE THIS "NEW" ?? FORMAT

Half of the selections REPLAY / REPLY ALL / FORWARD and even the FEEDBACK do NOT WORD half of the time. Have completely close out, back in, 2,3 4 times before it finally works.
    Have never had so many problems with software in 40 years..... Apparently we are not just in "Beta" test .... but having to suffer with "Charlie" test

24th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We have been trying to replicate this issue but so far we haven’t been able to. Can you please let us know if the issues with reply/reply all/forward functionality are still happening for you?

Thanks,
    Mail Support

10. Time zone Warning

Delete this setting. It appears more than just me are annoyed with this. It is still amazing that this is an issue when the mobile phones figured this out well over a decade ago. Strange how a progressive company as Yahoo cant seem to figure this one out.

74th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  21 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Horrible!!!Slow! Ready to leave Yahoo all together!!!!

The new Yahoo Mail is horrible! Slower than the 7 year itch! No Block button! Why was it changed? It certainly is not an improvement! Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  33 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop stupid popups

Stop stupid popups!

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  37 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 30th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  42 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Contacts should stay on the main mail page.

It's mail. I shouldn't have to open up a new browser tab.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  46 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Go back to my old format; ability to print the whole page from the drop-down and ability to open my attachment before sending my email.

Go back to my old format; bring back print option in the drop-down; ability to print the whole screen; ability to open my attachment before sending my email; and there are emails I couldn't read the whole page and had to move the bottom bar. My husband said he can do all these with gmail. Why make changes that make things difficult and time consuming?

20th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 122nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Our Engineers have asked for more info to resolve this:

1) Which ad blocker are you using?

2) Did you “turn off” all adblockers or just whitelist a specific page? If you tried to whitelist, you should have selected the option to “Pause on all Pages in this Domain”. Can you double check the steps in this link to make sure it was set up correct?

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN28635.html?impressions=true

3) Which browser are you using (Firefox or Chrome)

4) What Operating System are you on?

Thank you for your help!

Mail Support

17. Option for adding new contacts

Yahoo should provide an option that enables you to tap on the email address of someone sending email, and adding this person to your contact list straight away. At the moment, I have to copy and paste (or write down) the email of the person sending an email, and then going into Contacts and manually add the person.

49th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop messing with the mail. It worked before and now it doesn't half the time.

Return to the previous Yahoo Mail format. You have screwed everything about mail up. Half the time, I get error messages whenever I try to the log in screen. Lots of times, individual mails don't load when clicked. Lots of times, Yahoo says it can't delete a message, after I have read it and chosen to delete it.

If you don't know what you're doing, find someone who does know.

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filters

I just switched to the new email format. Not only is it very 'busy' now....I like the streamlined look, but I filter a lot of emails into folders to keep the Inbox clean. The problem is, with the old format, I could go to the drop down above the email and click to 'filter messages like these'. With the new format, this is gone andf I have to go to settings, copy and save thew email address, then go to filters and paste it so I can filter the emails into a folder. Who thought it was a good idea…

41st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 691 692
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base