New Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HATE the new version! Images are not showing properly and are oversized and out of proportion. i want to go back to the older version.

I WANT THE OLDER VERSION BACK. THE NEW VERSION IS TERRIBLE. THE IMAGES LOAD DISTORTED AND OUT OF PROPORTION. IT'S NOT AS INTUITIVE AND FAST AS OLDER VERSION.

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1388 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our engineers are investigating. Can someone please respond in a comment with answers to the following questions?

1. Is the image distortion when you are reading email?

2. Or, does this happen when you are composing an email and uploading photos into it?

Thank you!
    Mail Support

2. 11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  60 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I am still having a terrible time deleting, and now it is just as hard opening an email. Help!

Please do now whatever you did with the older format re deletion and opening emails.

10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this issue. If you are using Edge as your browser, please make sure you are using Edge 15.

If you are using a different browser, please reply in a comment with your browser version and operating system if this issue is still occurring

Thank you!
    Mail Support

4. 15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  51 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. can't read the whole message - the text is cut off

Many of the messages are cut off by the sidebar. When I click the arrow button to expand it I am able to see the whole message, but only for a few seconds, then it resets itself and blocks the message.

20th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 60th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  56 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 38th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 114th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 35th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't see attachments

I can't see the attachments on emails. There is no attachment symbol on emails where I know there to be an attachment. I see they actual attachment for a split second after I click delete on the message. The attachments are still not present when I forward the message to another email; however, after forwarding, the original email in my Yahoo account displayed the attachments for a short time. This needs to be fixed

54th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Since I've been forced to use this new version of Yahoo, I no longer can sign petitions.Yahoo's help desk is absolutely of no help.

I can no longer sign most of the petitions I receive, since I've been using this new version of Yahoo. Yahoo's help desk is no help. Has anyone else encountered this problem, much less have a solution to offer, other than switching to Gmail. How ironic that our government no longer works for us, and vital Internet providers like yahoo, no longer can provide reliable service. communication

27th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please respond in a comment to this post with more detail about what you mean when you say you are unable to sign petitions. Please include the steps you take, the operating system your computer users and the version of the browser you are using.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

12. Add in more features on the main pae

Why not include a small calendar on the main mail page ? making it easier for things.

I would also suggest another small window for local weather, for convenience ..

Actually, I would not mind having another for a calculator too ..

58th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 94th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. search by attachment doesn't work

old version allowed search by attachments, but this function doesn't work any more.

30th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. blocking spam

On the old version I could highlight all my spam messages and block them, this facility seems to have disapeared on the new version. How can I get the old version back or can you add this to the new version?

124th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More options when writing emails.

It would be great to see more options when writing mail, with regards to font. Actual size (in pts.), underline, etc. Also a few more options in formatting, possibly columns with adjustable width and justification.

Also, and this is probably something I'm missing, but how do I create and save a signature?

112th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. where are the attachments???

I couldn't find the attachments in my email! And it were somewhere it was very difficult to find.

137th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. contact list not in new style

Contact list not in new style: Contact list does not show in new style. How can I have new style for contacts> New style shows in mail only.

34th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  62 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Send me back to old Yahoo mail. I cannot download any documents under the new system

I cannot download or print any documents either .doc or.jpg with new yahoo.
    Pleas send a means to revert to old yahoo.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  147 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. **DRAFTS ARE NOT BEING SAVED!!**

I HAVE STARTED EMAILS TWICE AND CAME BACK AFTER RESTARTING YAHOO MAIL ONLY TO FIND MY DRAFTS WERE EMPTY!! This is an obvious bug and must be fixed immediately! What is the purpose of having a drafts folder if drafts are not being save there!? It is actually worse to believe your email is being saved when it is not!

26th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please respond in a comment. Is it that nothing is saved in the drafts folder or that when you open the drafts they are blank?

Please note if it is that the drafts are blank, the situation has been resolved. If the drafts are not being saved at all, we need to know your browser and operating system to investigate further.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

← Previous 1 3 4 5 374 375
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base