New Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. slow

Something changed today, 11/10/17. Load is very slow, typing an email is painfully slow, delete is painfully slow. To the best of my knowledge, no other changes made on my computer. Desktop running Windows 11, MS Edge. For reference, when I switch over to the "old" version without scrolling windows, pains, etc.. and all the fancy movement stuff, it works fine.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  561 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Coupons

Every time I log in I am notified about coupons tab. Don't want it, don't need it, I got it the first three times it notified me. Enough!

10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  321 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. deleting

I am finding the new deleting doesn't work. I have selected and deleted the same emails on my desktop 6 or 7 times and they come back 10 minutes later. The only successful way to delete seems to be the swipe left on my mobile, the desktop version just doesn't seem to work

19th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  82 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 36th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep the old mail printing option

The Print mail you have to keep the old mail printing option because the new printing mail is not showing attachment items printing

27th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. it keeps freezing

once the page is open it wont let me click on the individual messages .....

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. can you get rid of the advertising on the right hand side of the email

can you get rid of the advertising on the right hand side of the email

44th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Attachments are not downloading

i am not able to download my file from yahoo mail. I am using this on Macbook pro & browser is safari & chrome.
    I forward my mails to my gmail id then i get may attachments download.
    Try to solve this issue ...

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

349 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our engineer are investigating and need some clarification.

1. Is it that you are unable to download, or unable to preview?
    2. If this is still happening can you please provide the version of the Browser you are use and the Operating system you are using so that they can try to duplicate the issue by using the same system set up?

Thank you!
    Mail Support

9. Cannot download attached documents

Cannot download attached documents

15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  161 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Yahoo does not work

My yahoo program keeps freezing and gives me that it is not doing what it needs to in connection with the Windows program. This has been going on for about a month and I am fed up and thinking of changing to google.

What is going on? It keeps saying Yahoo is not responding.

46th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't see the first email in any message list (folders, inbox, etc)

I am still seeing this issue!!! The first message in the message lists is not shown. I know it is there because if I refresh the screen I can see it appear and then disappear (after about 500 ms). If I double-click fast enough, I can open the message.

Please fix this ASAP and do not just mark this as completed!!! I am getting pretty upset at this issue constantly being ignored.

Please get back to me, personally, before closing this issue.

See my original post (marked as completed, even though it is not) titled "Can't see the first email…

59th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  26 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. COUPON

GET RID OF COUPON FILE FOLDER

65th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. cant download attachement

Not able to download attachments like earlier, I have to forward my mail to gmail and download from there

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  33 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Where are the contacts?

Every time I try to access my contacts, the mail system opens a new window and takes me back to the old version of Yahoo. This is very annoying.

Also, something weird has been happening with my mail lists. I haven't changed a thing, but suddenly one of my longer list is missing about 30 addresses. I just tried to send out an email to one of my lists with about 10 people on it. Only 5 people actually received the email, despite me very carefully checking to see that I had clicked on the appropriate email list. Again, very…

18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  169 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. change it back

change it back leave it alone

71st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 37th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  23 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. no improvement keep the old

no improvement go back to the old one and leave it alone

70th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. coupons

How many times do I have to click "Got it" before the "Try Coupon View" popup stops coming up every time? Really, I "got it". I just don't want it.

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 77th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. mark as read

Before the latest update, we could check any number of unread mails and hit "k" as a hot key to mark them as "read". Now we have to go through the drop-down to do it. Bring back the hot key!

49th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 257 258
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base