Finance - CA

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Annoying behavior my portfolio (moves left and right when Chg% from 4 to 6 digits)

Hi Yahoo programmer. Are you computer IMPOTENT to fix it ?

354th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My portfolio moves left and right as epileptic because you do nothing to improve Yahoo Finance

My portfolio move left and right every time then Chg% change from 4 digits to 6 digits... My offer: increase a wide column to 6 digits for Chg%. It's simple and even beginning programmer can do it !!!

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. My portfolio move left and right every time then Chg% change from 4 digits to 6 digits...

My offer: to avoid this negative effect make column for Chg% fixed size for 6 digits constantly. Yahoo Finance software is perfect, despite on small inconveniences. Thanks

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add portfolio value graphs!!!

Add portfolio value graphs!!! Charts that track the total value of various portfolios so that you can track/monitor gains/losses visually across all holdings!

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Annoying, annoying portfolio which moving left and right every time when Chg% change

Annoying, annoying portfolio which moving left and right every time when Chg% change from 2.42% to 2.4213% . It' very disturbing thing which prevent effective work at stock market. Programmers! If you are so exited this useless function left it, but stop moving portfolio giving more space for Chg% as you did for Pre market % column. Yahoo Finance application is perfect, but that is like spoon of **** in barrel of honey. Thanks

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adding a 5th column of stats for income statements

Hi,

Pls add 5 columns of financial data in the income statement.It makes it possible to compare year over year i.e. Q1 of 2019 with Q1 of 2018.
    I think its Morningstar that does this already, it is really helpful when comparing year over year info.

Thanks,
    Raj

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. why debt to equity and dividend payout ratio's are not included in portfolio?

why debt to equity and dividend payout ratio's are not included in portfolio?

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The top ranked items are all the same about the look and format of the site.

Why are the top 20 (Maybe more as I got tired of reading the same thing over and over) ranked problems / issues all the same? The same issue restated in slightly different words is not another issue. Whereas a real problem like not listing NEO quotes sits down around the 200th issue. C'mon this isn't high school is it?

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New Portfolios home page has the wrong currency. Lost my custom views.

New Portfolios home page has the wrong currency. Lost my custom views.

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option symbol gives incorrect price

In Summary or Performance view of portfolio, the price shown is the price of the underlying stock. When I switch to My Holdings view, the prices are correct, but when I switch back I again see the stock price.

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My portfolio constantly move left or right only because...

... you have world widespread stupid meaningless standard for Chg% to show 2.3541% instead of 2.35%. Do right thing, as it was before. Yahoo Finance software is not a game or advertisement software!!! It's for serious job!!!

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Yahoo never listens to the suggestions so why do people offer them..

You comment editor sucks but i sure you know that already but why do you a suggestion link when it appears you never accept or hardly even do what a read suggests.

152nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop including articles from "Baystreet" because they appear 20+ times on the same stock info page

Stop including articles from "Baystreet" because their articles keep appearing 20+ times on the same stock info page

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why do you not follow your own standard? And make a mess in my portfolio?

Let's consider FCEL company: Last price -0.4151 (for digit after ".") Day Range-0.3910-0.4926 (for digit after ".") Open -0.3818 (for digit after ".") 52Wk Range -0.1300-16.5600 (for digit after ".") Now consider Chg% 18.4524% or 0.184524-SIX DIGIT AFTER "." !!! Why do you support this stupid disturbing feature, which makes investors angry???

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Could you stop moving portfolio left and right then Chg% change from 2.34% to 2.3440%?

What's a distance between Toronto CN tower and Ottawa? According Yahoo Finance it should be measured 349,231238km (349km 231m 23cm 8mm) Are you interested to know with 1/1 000 000 precision? NO. So, why Yahoo Finance gives Chg% with 1/1000 000 precision Chg% 2,3440 instead of 2,34%. All portfolio moves left and right forcing investors ... Nobody is interested to know 1/1 000 000 price change. It destroys all investor's work. Thanks

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In portfolios, allow multiple HOLDINGS of the same security (rather than multiple LOTS of the same holding).

I want one portfolio that tracks all my assets, whether they be taxable, IRA, 401K, HSA, or cash. In the last version of portfolios this was possible; and I simply grouped each category on my list of holdings. The present portfolios forces multiple entries of the same ticker symbols to be LOTS of the same HOLDING. In my situation ,that is not the case. Multiple entries of the same ticker are really MULTIPLE HOLDINGS. Some are taxable, some are retirement, some are HSA,etc.; and therefore should not be intermixed. (And yes, I can have a separate portfolio of each category,but…

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Could you stop moving portfolio left and right then Chg% change from 2.24% to 2.2432%?

It's not a game. Let's investors work normally , not paying attention for this distraction. For investor absolutely doesn't t matter to know 1/1 000 000 price change. It's the last think to change in order to make Yahoo Finance portfolio the best. Thanks

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Require that your hosts and hostesses look more "presentable" than they do

I had a boss who taught me that "a messy desk indicates a messy mind"!
    The dress clothes and hair tidiness of your on screen hosts is, in a word, "messy". In that regard, I have stopped listening to them because their thinking is probably as messy as is their personal dress and tidiness..."a messy person indicates a messy mind".

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. At the start of the day, zero out the change values from the previous day. I have some stocks that aren't that liquid and I get the gain o

At the start of the day, zero out the change values from the previous day. I have some stocks that aren't that liquid and I get the gain or loss from the previous day showing until a trade is executed.

354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base