New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Yahoo Mail Basic?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  218 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. you are still making me switch back to the original look of yahoo mail; I don't want the new one; I don't want the newer one after that; ple

please don't make me keep switching back from the new or newer mail "theme"; the old one is fine for my needs; please stop making me reset every time I check mail! please!

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This new design is broken and does not show me all of my mail.

For the past week, every time I clicked to use the old version, new mails would show up. Now that button is gone, and every time I open Yahoo it says there are new mails, but there is no new mail in my boxes. Thank you so much for breaking things so that I can not access my mail. It's wonderful, considering most of my tax documents are electronic and associated with this email.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. An improvement would be to go back one update.

An improvement would be to go back one update. Then when you get that irresistible urge to make another "improvement" go back one more step from there.
    You've improved it so much I can't read it. Light blue on medium blue on gray on slightly darker blue. Nice.

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. font color

The font color is too faint - hard to read. Also, the ads on the sidebar are bigger. Not a fan of that.

6th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Classic email allowed me to delete mail at the bottom of the page

the "new and Improved" mail deletes features that classic had....this New mail is a total coding fail no sure that anyone asked and or wanted the "features" the the new mail has

10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. pls add the safe feature to see who is sending the message without opening the message

Passing the mouse over who is sending the message (hotmail, gmail allow us) allow us to see the real hacker name and so, we can send him/her to a report folder also needed if you really want to capture hackers....and .... we do not have to open that message!
    We all would really appreciate that feature.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Abandon format change! I cannot read the smaller and less contrasted print.

Put back the darker Blue anc better contrasted format. Also restore the larger print-I cannot read the new format.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I have been with Yahoo. forever. But the email has become unreliable. It drops emails, It jumps around. It is no long er solid.

I have been with Yahoo. forever. But the email has become unreliable. It drops emails, It jumps around. It is no long er solid. I wish I had an idea to offer. But what is so special about this version? The old was better

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. you aren't listening to your users...guess today is a good day to switch to Gmail.

you aren't listening to your users...guess today is a good day to switch to Gmail.

10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Answer your members emails of problems

Answer your member's emails of problems!!!!!!!!!!

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My reply to Yahoo's reply

I have seen the following reply on a couple of posts now:

"Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. The option to switch back to the previous version can be found in the dropdown menu on the upper right of the screen. Open the dropdown and select “Go to old version” and click “Go”.

Thanks,
    Mail Support"

I don't see a button to allow me to respond. So here is my response in a new post:

That option isn't on my dropdown menu.

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. bring back classic mail so i can forward e-mails

make it easy to forward e-mails like it used to be

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why is this newer one so much slower than the old one???

Why is this newer one so much SLOWER than the old one??? Bring back the old one at least until you fix these bugs in the new one.

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unread message when there are none

My yahoo email account says I have several unread messages even though all messages are read. Spam and Trash are empty and all messages in all folders have been read. It's been like this for about a week or two now. How can I fix that?

19th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. basic yahho mail was the best

the old basic email!

19th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)