Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us what you think on how to improve basic version of Yahoo Mail

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I want my classic e-mail back....now!!!!!

I want my classic back now!!!!!

22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 76th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Password and sign in  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Once you have a "BLOCKED ADDRESS", then it should be just that, BLOCKED. I have blocked 20 addresses and I am still getting mail from them.

If you have a "BLOCKED ADDRESS" then it should be blocked. I have added 20 email addresses into the BLOCKED ADDRESSES and I am still getting email from the same blocked addresses. WTF Yahoo.

92nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ads

You charge company's to put Ads on, then you bombard us with those Ads and then you charge us for taking the Ads off but not entirely because we still see some Ads.....you act like your doing us a favor but what you forget is that we didn't ask for the Ads to begin with! Really....NOT in my world! I'll stick with Classic and that way I don't have to deal with STUPID which is most Advertising now a days!

110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. drop that **** privacy agreement screen

I have scrolled down and agreed with your new privacy situation. I will stop using Yahoo mail as my primary email if you do not stop posting it in my screen. I have other things to do than to click through that ****.And no, I will not change my computer settings for you so that I might stop seeing that screen.

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Yahoo just changed me to a lousy, old-fashioned, crummy email system. Give back to me what I had.

Yahoo just changed me to a lousy, old-fashioned, crummy email system. Give back to me what I had.

283rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I don't like your new yahoo email. You are interfering with my personal choice. Please let me go back to basic. Enough is enough

I don't like your new yahoo email. You are interfering with my personal choice. Please let me go back to basic. Enough is enough

19th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Smart View vs. Basic

I have to use Basic Mail because the new Yahoo Mail lacks critical customization, such as removing Smart Views. What idiot came up with that

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SPAM NOT WORKING

I'm getting 20-30 SPAM emails in my regular mail each hour. What the ****? Is the SPAM feature not working?

60th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. NEW version is NOT working... put back older version...

NEW version is NOT working... put back older version...

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. yahoo mail worst service

i realized yahoo mail providing worst service , I will go with gmail

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This new version completely sucks!

This new version completely sucks! It's a lie that we can change back--there is no option! 20 years with Yahoo but I am done. Every change makes it worse and this is the last straw. If Yahoo wants to change they should revert to the email of about 3 generations back.

24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You need to show us how to delete our account, since your new "privacy" terms are terrible.

Your claim of protecting our privacy is a fraud. We should have an easy way to delete our account, and all of our email history, without having to fly to New York for "arbitration".

283rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Are u deliberately dnloading ads to force upgrading? Most ppl enjoy basic...pls fix your ads!!

If it's NOT broke....stop trying to fix it! Elderly ppl like myself enjoy simplicity. Those who want the change will get it, but Classic IS classic and does what I need

222nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 222nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 283rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Put my email back to the way it was this morning!!!!!! I did NOT ask for the new version and the "Basic" version now isn't what it was.

not only did you switch my email to the new version without my consent, but when I switched back to Basic, it still isn't the way it was this morning.

283rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Restore Classic Mail

I opened my mail this morning and some person completely changed Classic Mail. Are you people really this stupid as to keep changing what works and your users like or are you trying to make us abandon Yahoo and go to Gmail or another mail server? Because that is what is going to happen. The changes are so bad that your New Yahoo Mail looks more like the Classic Mail than the Classic Mail looks now.

222nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 283rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I just want the old basic email back....

I just want the old basic email back....

283rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail Basic

Feedback and Knowledge Base