Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us what you think on how to improve basic version of Yahoo Mail

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I don't like your new yahoo email. You are interfering with my personal choice. Please let me go back to basic. Enough is enough

I don't like your new yahoo email. You are interfering with my personal choice. Please let me go back to basic. Enough is enough

31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop messing with my email. Every few months I get blocked because yahoo claims there was "suspicious activity" or yahoo pretends not to re

Stop messing with my email. Every few months I get locked out either because yahoo claims there was "suspicious activity" or pretends not to recognize my computer, the same computer I ALWAYS sign in with. Sometimes it takes an hour or two, sometimes it takes a few days to get back in. I'm starting to think I need a non yahoo address for a backup, but if that's the case why bother with a yahoo address at all?

49th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Password and sign in  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 75th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Password and sign in  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How do I send an email to the Yahoo help desk?

How do I send an email to the Yahoo help desk?

35th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. This new version completely sucks!

This new version completely sucks! It's a lie that we can change back--there is no option! 20 years with Yahoo but I am done. Every change makes it worse and this is the last straw. If Yahoo wants to change they should revert to the email of about 3 generations back.

75th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 135th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I have a problem. When I open a new window the bars show up with nothing in them. They used to tell me which window was what.

I don't know which is which as I have had 3 different ones!! The first is just a long list of emails, the old version. Another one has popped up with a split screen and I hate it. The third one has a list but all divided according to day/date. I like this one. How can I keep it?

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I have never in my life received as much spam as I have over the last 2 months? What's going on. I do not search does companies.

Spam, over 100 spams in a day. Yet, important emails also go to spam. So I have to waste my time looking through spam so I don't delete or put them on unroll me list which by the way doesn't work. Every day important emails go to my spam. What's up Yahoo? This is so annoying to say the least.

38th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Now, you force me to sign in every time i open mail. What is going on?

Get your act together, or we will divorce you

63rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I NEED CUSTOM SIMPLE FILTER ON SUBJECT, because the yahoo solution is INSUFFICIENT against spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED CUSTOM SIMPLE FILTER ON SUBJECT, because the yahoo solution is INSUFFICIENT against spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give us back the old Yahoo Mail. This new version sucks! I kept bypassing the upgrade option but you forced it on me anyway.

Stop forcing new versions on us and making things harder to find as well as things slowing down when navigating. Give me back my old email. I did not have to jump through a bunch of hoops to access all my bookmarks. The new email sucks. Change for the sake of change is a bad thing. Change that improves things is good. Stop making changes that were not needed.

93rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I switched back to basic because the new version of mail isn't working correctly, won't let you delete messages, go to compose, move message

I switched back to basic because the new version of mail isn't working correctly, won't let you delete messages, go to compose, move message nothing is working right and have to close page and reopen just to read messages. Need to go back to Classic Mail as nothing works right on the new version of Mail so had to go back to basic just to get it to work!!!

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. it stinks, put my old mail back

I have an idea read what everyone is saying, what is wrong with you

58th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring Back Mail BLOCKING

I am hit every day with SPAM. I mark it as SPAM and that does no good. The "Unsubscribe" links don't work, either. So, how can I stop receiving SPAM from this annoying website? BLOCKING would be helpful since nothing else works.

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. HA even Yahoo feedback response goes to spam...real good yahoo-go back to classic

HA even Yahoo feedback response goes to spam...real good yahoo-go back to classic

CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION BUT A DEMAND!!! BEFORE, I COULD LOOK AT ALL MY EMAIL ACCOUNTS AT ONCE. I DID NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH A TWO DEVICE

I DON'T LIKE THE "TWO DEVICE" METHOD OF SIGNING INTO EMAIL. I DON'T LIKE SWITCHING SCREENS TO GET A SECURITY CODE TO SIGN IN. MY PASSWORD ISN'T RECOGNIZED ANY MORE. YOU HAVE CHANGED EVERYTHING SO MUCH I'M CONSIDERING DROPPING YAHOO ALL TOGETHER AND GO TO ANOTHER WEB ADDRESS!!!!!

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 182nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disaster policy

After Hurricane Katrina I couldn't get online for several months. Yahoo policy for non use of account for a month deleted all my saved mail and contacts heaping unnecessary loss on top of disaster loss. Now there are several disasters and millions of people facing loss they don't even know about. I hope you are considering your disaster response situation.

182nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)