Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance ChartIQ Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Finance ChartIQ, so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance ChartIQ?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need a save config button SO WE CHOOSE when to save our default chart. Don't save every change in the chart for the next time! Terrible!!!

Need a save config button SO WE CHOOSE when to save our default chart. Don't save every change in the chart for the next time! Terrible!!! Switch to BigCharts. Time to fire your chart builders.

19th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thanks for all the feedback on this request. We’re making sure the product team is aware of this desire. No update yet as of this time.

Best,
    -Finance Support

2. interactive chart loading takes forever

The interactive chart takes forever to load.

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. black background

Black Background is needed. Save our vision!

29th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When I click on Portfolios, then, click on one of the portfolios, it comes in grey. Clicking refresh fixes it.-

When I click on one of my individual portfolios it comes in gray. Clicking on refresh fixes it.

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello James,

Thanks for your post! Can you provide some additional information on your Portfolio issue so we can further investigate?

-What browser are you using when this issue occurs?
    -Can you provide a screenshot of the gray image you are seeing?

Thank you!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance Support

5. Can you add VWMA technical indiacator and renko charts for 1mins

Dear sir,

I liked yahoo finance and it is great too use.
    I would also like to request you that if your team could add VWMA technical indiacator and RENKO charts for 1mins for us.

I hope to hear soon from you about adding these requested features.

Thanks and Regards
    Ashutosh Mehta

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Data check

Nasdaq Volume March 3 2018
    All data for April 6 2018 missing

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. could you show earnings as well as dividends?

could you also show earnings? thank you.

39th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mark!

Thanks so much for the feedback. This request has been brought to the attention of our product team.

-Finance Support

8. Google Finance - google had some great features, please vote, please incorporate a few of them on the full screen interactive chart.

- Add a 10 year interactive chart feature.

- Add days of the week on the weekly chart (Mon,Tues,Wedn, etc).

- Percentage gain or loss for a correlating period on the interactive chart.

- Above the daily interactive chart: company name and symbol, current
    price & % change, open, high, low, 52 week high/low, volume, etc.

- Live data/prices for related companies in the same sector (for live price
    comparison reasons)

- Include a link to SEC filings, what a great quick tool for viewing
    filings/Form 4's, 13G's, 13D's, etc.

- The interactive chart does not have to be so…

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mutual funds that are retired shouldn't turn up in search

While researching, say, a Canadian mutual fund company named Mawer. Their funds are always sold with a numeric code, eg MAW102.
    Searches on the code should find the fund
    Instead the french/english descriptions are used which is ok but it seems to have strange old data, some price histories end in 2015 while the fund is most definitely still there.

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Interactive chart setting - current default setting it 'Max', this is very slow. The setting should be optional, or default to a 'weekly'.

Please give us an option for the interactive default setting. 'Max' is irrelevant to some people and takes a long time to load. A 'weekly' default setting on the interactive setting would be nice.

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Link the 'Back' option directly to the stock's portfolio location, NOT the homepage of the stock/Yahoo.

Yes, the side bar accomplishes the same intent, however, if a person has multiple watchlists, then it is too slow to scroll down and find the correct watchlist. 'Back' directly to the stocks portfolio would be much more user friendly.

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. watchlist

use https://www.investing.com/ portfolio format for accessing watchlists it is much more user friendly

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make these charts printable!

Make these charts printable!

18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want to see the events, namely earning report date, on the chart. When I go to settings and turn 'events' on, nothing changes. Fix it.

Chart events not showing up. Earnings is the single most important chart marker to have. How a stock performs on a chart is largely driven by past or upcoming earnings. Why is this marker not able to be added when all of the useless technical fluff indicators are?

101st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Yahoo's display of intraday Volume ^TV.O and ^TV.N is the best but it has incorrect data on 2/5/2018

Yahoo's display of intraday Volume ^TV.O and ^TV.N is the best but it has incorrect data on 2/5/2018. The data indicated that volume was low on that day, during an important sell-off. However, it was a high volume day as posted on other business sites such as Investor's Business Daily.

137th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add a line type option like hashed or dashed - less difficult to distinguish than colors, and less intrusive than thickness

Please add a line type option like hashed or dashed - less difficult to distinguish than colors, and less intrusive than thickness

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please stop losing my moving averages

After setting up moving averages, sometimes they display, and sometimes they get lost. (Full screen interactive chart.)

31st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Date range for interactive charts to be in English if the rest of the page is too.

Currently the days of the week come up in Cyrillic, although I am not sure if it is Bulgarian, Ukranian or Russian.

The rest of it is English, eg the month name.

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. after showing chart, make it easy to return to portfolio

after showing chart, make it easy to return to portfolio

62nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chart comparisons- highlight symbol when hovering over performance line

When you build a chart with more than one symbol, it's very hard for someone like me, a colorblind person, to know which line represents which symbol. Ideally, if I hover over a specific line, the symbol/box in the top left corner will highlight, bold, somehow differentiate itself, so I know which symbol's performance I'm 'touching.' Very simple solution that will help ALL colorblind people.

137th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base