Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance ChartIQ Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Finance ChartIQ, so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance ChartIQ?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The old charts were a lot easier to read.

old charts were a lot easier to read for a semi-novice like me. the moving averages are obscured, e.g., the 4ema. details like that were crystal clear in the old charts.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Until you complete all improvements, please retain the old for the customers. If anybody wants to go to new charts, there is a choise.

Until you complete all improvements, please retain the old for the customers. If anybody wants to go to new charts, there is a choise.

7th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. the page layout wastes a ton of valuable usable space.

Wow the page layout wastes a ton of valuable usable space.
    People use your charts because they need viewable readable data.
    You've got a huge add banner ( I get it you've got to advertise) so big it blocks the date range on the vertical axis. your banner is full screen width and 1.5 inches high, seriously? I only have a 13.5 inch diagonal screen on my laptop and you just filled 22% of my screen with a banner; thats excessive.
    Possible solution: Above the chart is the "quote look up" field. Move it up a bit to the purple…

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The old interface was better in many ways. It is harder to navigate between stocks now and lines do not all show up as configured (still).

1. For several months the lines in the graphs when I add 3 simple moving averages do not always fully render. I could get around it by making the lines really thick.... annoying. New interface does not have option to make them thicker. not all 3 lines show up as configured.
    2. When I get the graph settings I want, I want to be able to step through each stock in my portfolio. This was missing, you have re-added it, but it always goes back to top, so I have to scroll down and find my place every time.
    3.…

13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unfriendly to use, Unease to view, Line not able to bold, chart way too long horizontally.

Unfriendly to use, Unease to view, Line not able to bold, chart totally can see clearly, Idiot. Chart way too long horizontally.

19th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save indicator & comparison preference settings in Charts

, why do i have to enter indicators for ever stock i run, I'm sorry but I'm outta here, this is unuseable as is. Yahoo finance used to be my go to place when working on stocks, not anymore. Put it back like it was!

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  61 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't like new charts.

You may ask, how can we fix? Go back to non-beta charts!

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  225 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1st of all- START LISTENING TO THE FEEDBACK...your indicators don't work!!!

1st of all- START LISTENING TO THE FEEDBACK...your indicators don't work!!! All you had to do is small incremental changes to your old charts. There was no need to ***** up the whole thing.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The lines are not as clear edged and precise as the older version. The look smoother which is not good: want to see the exact corners

The lines are not as clear edged and precise as the older version. The look smoother which is not good: want to see the exact corners

23rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Old charts had better info/easier to see

Old charts displayed the color associated with each moving average or bollinger band for easy reference. Also, if you moused over past dates, the historic values would display for the averages and BBs.

4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. premarket and aftermarket missing

premarket and aftermarket missing

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keeping old chart before moving to new features. Add stock alerts!

PLEASE KEEP OLD CHART!
    NEW CHART HAS A LOT OF NOT NEEDED FEATURES.
    ASK PEOPLE IF THEY REALLY NEED NEW STAFF.
    YAHOO IS WASTING RESOURCES ON UPDATING NOT NEEDED FEATURES.
    BETTER WILL BE ADD ALERTS TO STOCKS. SOMEHOW THEY DISAPPEARED RECENTLY>

24th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be nice if the charts resized vertically to use up the blank space at the bottom of the page.

Charts are generally similar, the added indicators are nice however it would be nice if the chart scale does not adjust to use the blank space(and thereby clarify the bars) at the bottom. Instead of a static size the scale should be adjusted relative to the screen and not allot as much space to the buttons and tabs etc. at the bottom of the page.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. cant see the chart, no graphic at all...

cant see the chart, no graphic at all in my screen

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New Charts Stink !!!

Why is the interval between 12:30 and 1:30 different than all the other one-hour intervals? I am also having trouble changing the time frame of the chart (1 dAy, 1 Month, etc.) !!!

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  34 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. please use previous chart format. new 1m, 5d, 1d charts are not readable.

please use the previous chart format. the 1m, 5d, 1d, new charts are not useful which every day to trade ETF's. Not being able to effectively use
    charts daily are very disturbing and is costing me money!

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. option for gridline would be nice with selection of period

nice if grid lines were an option or at least between years rather than simply the shading.

44th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 38th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base