Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The old interface was better in many ways. It is harder to navigate between stocks now and lines do not all show up as configured (still).

1. For several months the lines in the graphs when I add 3 simple moving averages do not always fully render. I could get around it by making the lines really thick.... annoying. New interface does not have option to make them thicker. not all 3 lines show up as configured.
    2. When I get the graph settings I want, I want to be able to step through each stock in my portfolio. This was missing, you have re-added it, but it always goes back to top, so I have to scroll down and find my place every time.
    3.…

1st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  296 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. refresh always go back to day chart

when i press the browser refresh button on full screen chart....it will go back to day chart instead the by 1min interval which i am on (or any other interval).
    can you make the default be the current interval ? or make a user preference ?

105th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Your YTD "chart" for stocks now shows 26 month history--from 6/1/2017. WTF?

Your YTD "chart" for stocks now shows 26 month history--from 6/1/2017. WTF?

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. bookmark indicators

We have always been able to bookmark a chart set up with preferred indicators, etc. and changing the Quote Lookup always retained these settings. Today, this changed! Now a new Quote Lookup, means we must reset all the indicators each time! Very time consuming & frustrating! Why did this simple & effective programming change all of a sudden?

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. https://hk.finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5EHSI#eyJpbnRlcnZhbCI6NSwicGVyaW9kaWNpdHkiOjEsInRpbWVVbml0IjoibWludXRlIiwiY2FuZGxlV2lkdGgiOjEyLjUsInZvbH

Please review your 2/7/2019 to 3/7/2019, 5 min Chart of HSI HK which has a huge price mistake to 0 point and affected all indicator caculations!

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Indian stock market live charts not working...right now!!

Indian stock charts are not live...markets are open. No live nifty, sensex update...everything is dead.

127th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Problem with YTD chart

When are you going to fix the YTD chart view. It shows 18 months instead of year-to-date activity.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Indicator ID boxes take too much area

The Indicator ID boxes, the Indicator Legend boxes, the ones that say RS or MACD or CHARKIN MF and have the click icons, take up too much of the visual area of the actual chart and block the chart line for the indicator, making it impossible to read that portion of the indicator chart. The boxes: 1. are really not necessary and can be dispensed with altogether, or 2. Make the boxes invisible until you roll lover them with the cursor.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The old charts were a lot easier to read.

old charts were a lot easier to read for a semi-novice like me. the moving averages are obscured, e.g., the 4ema. details like that were crystal clear in the old charts.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  68 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Industry Browser is now pretty useless

Ive tried using your new industry/stock browsers and find that they are pretty much useless. 10 years ago I could find a lot of very useful information and find good stocks using the industry browsers, but today it offers nothing. All you can do today is sort by market cap, volume, pretty useless stuff. What you used to have was so much better: I could sort stocks by ROE and or Earnings Growth, even dividends, and I was able to find good stocks doing that. I picked out a few real winners using the old Yahoo browser. I dont understand…

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Trending Tickers, Stocks Gainers/Losers, Most Active Stocks...

Your Trending Tickers, Most Active, Stocks: Gainers / Losers are rather useless, too much penny and junk stocks that have no real usefulness. Too bad because these could be very useful indicator categories. What you need to do with these categories is limit the results displayed to stocks trading over $10 and with average volume of at least 200,000 shares.

291st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Until you complete all improvements, please retain the old for the customers. If anybody wants to go to new charts, there is a choise.

Until you complete all improvements, please retain the old for the customers. If anybody wants to go to new charts, there is a choise.

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  29 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need a save config button SO WE CHOOSE when to save our default chart. Don't save every change in the chart for the next time! Terrible!!!

Need a save config button SO WE CHOOSE when to save our default chart. Don't save every change in the chart for the next time! Terrible!!! Switch to BigCharts. Time to fire your chart builders.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thanks for all the feedback on this request. We’re making sure the product team is aware of this desire. No update yet as of this time.

Best,
    -Finance Support

17. Please fix graph for CSP1.L (https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/CSP1.L) - on the left the value is 100x too low

5 day graph looks good (all around 21400). Switch it to 1 month and then all values before yesterday are 100x too small (all around 214), but today's is still 21400, so the graph is unusable.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. phag.as does not seem to work

phag.as is recognised as tag but does not show any data. it is still active on amx. is this settings or another issue?

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. charts for ^SPX is a single candle regardless of the time frame.

The ^SPX chart (regardless of the type of chart - candlestick, bar, etc.) displays only one candle or bar regardless of the time frame (daily, 5 minute, hour, etc.). When you refresh the page, it reverts back to the daily chart and it is still one candle.

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chart interval - please change default from 1D to 1m(minute).

Chart interval - please change default from 1D to 1m(minute).

161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base