Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expanded Commish Ohtani/Future 2-Way Player Options

So we realize you guys decided to make Ohtani 2 separate players. Many people are obviously upset about this (myself included). I understand that either choice will ruffle some feathers, so why not make a commissioner option to treat Ohtani as 1 or 2 players?

Commissioner Option 1: Treat him as 2 separate players, both take up a roster spot, etc. the way you guys said it would be this year.

Commissioner Option 2: Have him in the system as 2 players but he would act as 1 player. For example, under this option, pitcher Ohtani and hitter Ohtani only…

38th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give the option of having a two-week Championship!

The league commissioner should be able to customize (or at least choose from more options) when the fantasy playoffs begins/ends. Having a two-week championship is an option that every member of our league supports, but we are unable to implement.

47th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a new hitting category - Doubles & Triples.

Hello!

Hoping for this upcoming season, you can create an additional hitting category: Doubles & Triples. My league does not want two separate categories, but we also do not want to use the “XBH” category. Creating a “2B & 3B” would be phenomenal. Thank you!

42nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Being able to disable the smack talk messenger with commi powers

The smack talk messenger should have a function which can enable it to be disabled or lock people from typing in there... People use it to harass others or post ****... The idea was good, but just being able to shut off notifications is not enough.. Give the commissioner more options with the Messenger.

148th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Any chance we can get 2B + 3Bs?

Doubles plus triples for a category.

68th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. There needs to be a maximum IP limit in H2H categories baseball leagues

There needs to be an option to set a maximum number of innings pitched in weekly head 2 head categories baseball leagues

116th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2018 Feature Requests

Hey Yahoo and fantasy players!

Happy New Year! It's almost that time of the year again!

I'm just creating this post and posting a few features that we would hope to have when the new season begins. Please add any other features you'd like to see in the comments. This way feature requests are all organized in one big thread and easier for Yahoo to review maybe.

1. Roster maximum size of 40-45 players for custom/private leagues - nowadays more people play in dynasty leagues and the current max of 30 is too small. 40 would be ideal.

2. Stat…

81st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wins + Quality Starts (W+QS)

This needs to be done. It is a simple concept.

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2-week Playoff Matches

For all playoff matches, there should be an option for them to be 2-weeks long. This would ensure a game wasn't just a one-time win. ESPN has this option and it works very well.

31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New for 2018, you can add players from free agents/waivers directly to your team's DL or NA roster slots

I hope this can be New for 2018, especially for the Public Leagues. I can think there would be one (1) person that would be against this. Most managers in Publics League, I played with, don't use the DL Slots anyway. The issue is "if this is available for the custom leagues, include the public leagues, also". Thank you!

74th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Position Eligibility

Can you please update the Position eligibility off of 2017? There is no reason Schwarber should be C eligible plus a ton more. Please follow YOUR OWN RULES, 5 STARTS AND 10 GAMES PLAYED. If they don't have those at a position it should be taken away. This is ridiculous that these weren't updated especially since you're opening so late.

184th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jason, thanks very much for your feedback. We will update the position eligibility so Schwarber won’t have C eligibility. Check back once the game opens on Feb 15.

Good luck this season!
    Yahoo Product Support

12. Allow Slow Drafts

Please add the capability for slow drafts. All you would have to do is up the draft pick time possibility all the way to 24 hours. CBS' website lets you do this and it's great for slow drafts. I see no reason why you can't do it as well...

94th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Is this the year Yahoo finally fixes their Message Boards?

Plain and simple, Yahoo fantasy message boards are pathetic. Year in and year out, they are the most frustrating part of yahoo fantasy sports. If you post full site, the message is unreadable on the app. Copy and paste doesn't work without removing all the spaces. More often than not, you end up with a jumbled mess of text forcing people to delete and re-post stuff repeatedly. PLEASE Yahoo, this is not 1990 anymore. Fix your message boards once and for all!

148th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. support full/real keeper functionality

Yahoo should start actually supporting keeper functionality, where you can track rosters, years kept, salaries, etc., and can set how many years players can be kept, salary bumps, etc. CBS has been doing this for about 10 years already so it's very achievable technologically.

Forcing commissioners to enter (and calculate) all keeper info by hand isn't actually supporting keeper leagues - what Yahoo calls "Keeper Leagues" is really "recurring leagues", in which nothing other than team names and league settings are saved.

174th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please get it together and treat Ohtani as one player or we're moving our entire league over to ESPN.

Two Ohtani's makes absolutely zero sense and is just plain lazy on your part.

174th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dynasty leagues Of All Sports

Keep Dynasty Leagues Active All Year . For Changes , Recruits And Trades Year Around !!!
    Thanks

101st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. You can't have championship week occur during the final week of the (real) regular season.

Seriously. This is not real baseball. Please have championship week done before the final week of the regular season.

51st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thank you for your feedback and another great season of fantasy baseball on Yahoo. Our product and engineering teams are investigating more flexible playoff start/end dates for next season. Stay tuned!

Yahoo Product Support

18. Create a new pitching stat category; total walks allowed + total hits allowed (NOT whip)

I have been a Yahoo! user/fantasy participant since the year 2000. I play fantasy baseball, basketball, hockey, NCAA march madness, and football with you. I have never left yahoo! for any other fantasy sports site. I have a simple request of you and am very hopeful you are able to grant it asap, prior to the 2017 fantasy baseball season.

My long-standing head-to-head league is moving away from ERA/WHIP. We want to steer clear of ratio/percentage stat categories.

Therefore, I am asking that you add a new stat category for pitching which combines walks allowed and hits allowed.

On this…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  90 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change the reg season tiebreaker rules or allow private leagues more customization

The regular season, h2h wild card tiebreakers are horribly arbitrary and have been for years. It affects h2h one win leagues more, since there's higher chance of ties. Who in their right mind would choose week 22 win% as the first tiebreaker for a wild card spot? I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense. And no, for the record, I am not being hurt by that system this year, I'm just finally choosing to post about it, since I just listed the playoff scenarios for my league.

In nearly every sport on the planet, head to head win %…

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow user to swap out a player if they go on the DL in weekly leagues

For weekly leagues, if a player goes on the DL mid-week, it ruins the entire week. I propose an option for the system to recognize that a player on your team went on the DL, so it unlocks the roster and allows you to swap out ONLY the DL position for someone who plays that position ONLY.

184th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base