Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a new pitching stat category; total walks allowed + total hits allowed (NOT whip)

I have been a Yahoo! user/fantasy participant since the year 2000. I play fantasy baseball, basketball, hockey, NCAA march madness, and football with you. I have never left yahoo! for any other fantasy sports site. I have a simple request of you and am very hopeful you are able to grant it asap, prior to the 2017 fantasy baseball season.

My long-standing head-to-head league is moving away from ERA/WHIP. We want to steer clear of ratio/percentage stat categories.

Therefore, I am asking that you add a new stat category for pitching which combines walks allowed and hits allowed.

On this…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  89 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the reg season tiebreaker rules or allow private leagues more customization

The regular season, h2h wild card tiebreakers are horribly arbitrary and have been for years. It affects h2h one win leagues more, since there's higher chance of ties. Who in their right mind would choose week 22 win% as the first tiebreaker for a wild card spot? I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense. And no, for the record, I am not being hurt by that system this year, I'm just finally choosing to post about it, since I just listed the playoff scenarios for my league.

In nearly every sport on the planet, head to head win %…

38th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You can't have championship week occur during the final week of the (real) regular season.

Seriously. This is not real baseball. Please have championship week done before the final week of the regular season.

70th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thank you for your feedback and another great season of fantasy baseball on Yahoo. Our product and engineering teams are investigating more flexible playoff start/end dates for next season. Stay tuned!

Yahoo Product Support

4. 2-week Playoff Matches

For all playoff matches, there should be an option for them to be 2-weeks long. This would ensure a game wasn't just a one-time win. ESPN has this option and it works very well.

46th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PPD games

You should be allowed to swap out players when a game is PPD (as long as the game never started). Since there is no actual "start time", this should be treated like a teams off day. Players on your bench should be allowed to be substituted in until the start of THEIR game time

22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Luis Robert to Player List

Please Add Luis Robert as Not Active player. He's been signed by the White Sox and hopefully will be added to the Fantasy game as well!

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There should be an option to make all playoff rounds two weeks long. That way, you get a real test of who the better team is in a long match

Two week playoff rounds would truly separate the men from the boys. Better managers and well balanced teams would be less likely to lose because of a key injury/rest day or an outburst from one opposing player.

42nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be great if you allowed Commissioner's to set the playoff weeks much earlier.

Most managers are ready to focus on Football during the month of September. I would love to be able to set the first playoff date sometime in early August.

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  44 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. YAHOO...PLEASE bring back the career hitting stats vs. starting pitcher tool

I found this comment from yahoo last year when this subject was brought up. ...this is what they wrote.

We have added a column with the Opposing Pitcher in the My Team (Roster > Opponents) tab to provide insight into the matchup. Adding stats for a particular match-up is a tougher task, but we hope to add at some point this season.

Career batter vs pitcher stats have been added to players pages.

Thanks for your feedback and patience.
    Yahoo Fantasy Sports

My comment is why take it down again? It was obviously a hot topic that many many wanted.…

20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow commissioners to again re-seed the playoffs. We used to have this feature.

We commissioners used to have this power. And now even the "help desk" doesn't have the power. We have a 3-way tie for 2 spots, and Yahoo left out the wrong team, even by its tie-breaker system. And the help desk says there is no way to "fix" this. So I have to score the playoffs by hand. Ugh.

104th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 25th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Two-Way Player Statistics

Hello - With three players currently in MiLB (Hunter Greene & Brendan McKay) or heading to MLB shortly (Shohei Otani) who both play the field and pitch regularly, does Yahoo have a solution for how these player's statistics will be handled? As far as I can tell, Yahoo has never had a player eligible for both a pitching spot and a position player spot, and hitting stats have never counted for pitchers, nor have pitching stats ever counted for hitters.

If that remains the case, how will it be determined which "side" of the ball these players will be eligible…

90th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please bring back the ability to add pictures and GIFs in the message board! (image, images, pics)

That was literally the only reason my league still uses Yahoo! Fantasy Sports. The quality of the site is as sufficient as other sites, but where you guys really stood out was in the ability of the league to stay connected and banter with GIFs and Pics in the league message board. It really is not that difficult (I know that you know this), and as of right now I just code the image or gif in myself. The problem is that it is a hassle, and not everyone in my league knows how to do it. Please, please, please…

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HORRIBLE TIEBREAKING RULE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED

WHY ISNT THE TIE BREAKER IN THE REGULAR SEASON THE SAME AS THE PLAYOFF TIEBREAKER??? ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS THAT A TIEBREAKER IS BASED ON WHICH TEAM WINS OR LOSES IN THE FINAL GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON. IF BOTH TEAMS END THE REGULAR SEASON WITH THE SAME WIN PERCENTAGE AND BOTH TIE FOR THE FINAL PLAYOFF SPOT, THE TIEBREAKER HAS TO GO TO DEPENDING ON WHO BEAT WHO IN THE REGULAR SEASON, NOT BASED IT ON WHO WON OR LAST IN THE LAST WEEK. IF TEAM A BEAT TEAM B 2 TIMES IN THE REGULAR SEASON BUT THNE BOTH TEAM…

70th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Day to Day players be moved to a non roster spot

If a player is Day to Day the player should be able to be moved to a non roster spot so another player can be picked up to stay competitive that day. I should not be penalized because Yahoo is slow to move a day to day player to the DL that Yahoo has already reported was there. This player was also on the can't cut list so I was not able to do anything

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please allow players who's games are cancelled to be taken out of starting lineups

In many cases throughout the baseball season, players will experience weather cancellations. It would be nice to be able to replace a player who's game is cancelled with a bench player that can play so long as the replacement players game hasn't started yet.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  35 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Your Can't Cut list and its Monitoring

Do your job if you're going to unnecessarily, overly control these leagues. Who is mass dropping in June anyway???

53rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Can't Cut List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. FULL COUNT 3-2 FULL HOU$E 3-2 major league baseball

Every time a batter gets a full count 3-2 a full house 3-2 would come up.This would liven baseball up.People that do not care for baseball would start to watch.TV and attendance would go way up.This would be the next generation of baseball.I VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK.THX

299th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I missed the playoffs because i tied for 6th with another team. The tie breaker for pro leagues is whoever does better the last week of the

Pro League Tie Breakers are for whoever does better the last week of the season. That is completely unfair. I tied with a guy for 6th place and he won cause he beat his opponent by more categories than i beat mine for the last week, week 22. Meanwhile i beat him in the regular season 15-5. BY doing this, weeks 1-21 mean absolutely nothing and that week 22 is only thing that matters for tie breaker. Never heard of such an idiotic rule before in my life. Until this changes, i will take my business else where because Yahoo…

81st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Minimum Innings Pitched for Rotisserie

Although there is a "minimum innings pitched" option available for head to head leagues, I believe there needs to be one instituted for Rotisserie as well. ESPN has already adopted this feature and I believe the season long minimum should be set at 1000 innings.

The reason this is necessary is because someone in my league employed a strategy of only drafting batters early then going after all the elite relief pitchers without having a single starting pitcher on his team. He also has many relief pitchers on his bench that he can activate during off days and some relief…

34th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base