Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or “Help Site” where you can Contact Us:https://help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-desktop.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please either fix or get rid of the "Trade Column you added to 'My Portfolio' Now, copy &paste of the stock results is a messa mess

You added a 'Trade Column" to the My Portfolio' stock results that is copied when one tries to copy daily stock results in a Portfolio. This prevents simply copying and pasting results into my excel spreadsheets and makes you site largely unusable for following stock prices. Try it and you will see. Please fix or deleted the addition columen ('Trade) from the default portfolio lists.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 27th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 25th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 29th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 47th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 129th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 80th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 40th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 80th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lots of stocks have less than 1 year of historical data. Please upload missing parts.

The following stocks have less than 1 year of historical data (even on the chart) but in reality they have much more: BSIG, CRON, NG, MUFG, SSW, GNW, TEF, CHK, IBA, WMK, GLIBA, CGH, QEP, KRA, TU, PB, VVC, SKT, EQNR, TOT, UDR, VOYA, CBRE, QRTEA, CGC, PPL, RSG, GPS, DGX, JLL, TMO, PPG, AVYA, SMPL, VREX

60th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 129th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. portfolio my holdings is very slow to respond

In the Yahoo finance portfolio, "My Holdingings" takes for ever to load and respond. Just started actining like this a week, or so, ago. Thought you would fix, or just a short term issue, but it is still very hard to use.

129th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can you please STOP, STOP, STOP, auto playing videos on your Yahoo news home pages and your Yahoo news page

Can you please STOP, STOP, STOP, auto playing videos on your Yahoo news home pages and your Yahoo news pages especially the ones titled 'Must see' which are repeated every time I log on to the Yahoo news website. These are so annoying. Can I please choose which videos I want to watch without you keep repeatedly auto playing them when I don't even want to watch them and especially when I'm trying to READ your news items. Please let me chose which videos I want to watch. That is the most annoying feature about the Yahoo news website. If…

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring Back "Detailed" Charting Feature Under the Portfolio Level

In the last year or two (before YF's last major design update), there was a nice "Detailed" charting option that showed a one-year price graph of all of the stocks in a portfolio at the same time. This was a nice visual, quick stock comparison tool that I frequently used . . . any chance in bringing this back?

129th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Annualized gain by percentage

There used to be a tab option telling the annualized % gain.It's hard to remember when I bought a stock to figure the annualized gain. Please bring it back.

47th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to see the earnings table listed alphbetically, it's not easy to find a stock your looking for on your earnings pages.

alphabetize the earnings daily instead of random, make it easy to find the stock your looking for, not difficult.

80th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Total gain (%) of sold stocks is incorrect

I've bought 300 stocks at $20.80 (total = $6,240); and sold (-300) at $23.60 (total = $7,080).
    The total gain was $840, which is correctly indicated in my portfolio.
    However, the %Total gain indicated is 6.31% instead of 13.46%. It seems that you are dividing the Total Gain ($840) by the sum of the buying ($6,240) and the selling ($7,080) amounts, while the gain should be relative to the investment amount only ($6,240).

Let me know if the information is unclear of there is a better way to incorporate gains to portfolio.

Thank you.

129th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. bring back industry browser

Bring back the industry browser in Yahoo Finance

80th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base