Fantasy Football

We appreciate your feedback on how to improve the quality of Yahoo Fantasy Football. Please note that this is a forum for users of Fantasy Football to share their ideas on how to improve the product, not a place for technical support.

For online help click here and to contact a customer care agent, go to the contact us form.

Thanks for continuing to make Yahoo the number one place to play Fantasy Sports.

How can we make Fantasy Football better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please increase FLEX options

I have been running multiple leagues on Yahoo for over a decade. My main league is 16 extremely competitive owners. We vote a bottom-four-finisher out each season. We amend our own rules each season to make our game better and better. We can typically implement our own rules using our own tools. We now need Yahoo's help. We want more options for FLEX positions. We need one that will allow owners to choose between: WR/TE/K/DEF. This allows more control for owners and more variety of opposition. Please increase your available choices for FLEX option. This is an easy change and…

22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  38 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Trade Veto

Our league would like to keep managers vote with trade vetoing but would like to have the option to change the 1/3 rule to a higher fixed number such as 6, 7, etc. We would like in our 12 team league to have 6 out of 10 teams not in trade be needed to veto a trade. This option could be provided in commish tools ~ league management and should be locked in for season once draft occurs.

25th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow us to export rosters, players, etc... so we can customize in excel

Allow users to export rosters to excel for use on their own to organize leagues.

43rd ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Totally customizable playoff formats

There absolutely needs to be the ability to create a totally customized playoff format. Our league went to 14 teams this year and it created several issues with playoffs, due to the limited options that yahoo allows. It shouldn't be very hard to allow commissioners total control for playoff brackets, allowing byes where an odd number of teams enter or continue in the playoffs. Other sites have these options and yahoo needs to keep up. I know we're not the only ones who are a bit salty about this. We want to come back next year, but you need to…

4th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Gathering feedback  ·  142 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • More custom scoring options

I Love Yahoo's custom scoring options, but would like a few more: #1- Enable Win, loss, and tie +or- for both QB's and team Defs. bonus points #2- Enable penalties committed/drawn +or- such as pass int. drawn for a receiver/QB, or a holding call against a player resulting in negative points, in increments of 5 yard, 10 yard, and 15 yard penalties, etc... #3- instead of only offer bonus points for 40+ yard efforts, offer bonus points for 20+ & 30+ & 40+ yard efforts at each position. #4- Offensive fumble recovery yards gained as well as def and Special…

148th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Bring back the option of using the old draft format.

Give us the option we had last year.

106th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Improve the autodraft...

I keep getting the same players... 6 of the same in two teams this year and many of them the same I got last year and the year before. It needs to be more random than that,

192nd ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Dynasty/keeper league

Have a dynasty league feature that allows you earlier access to the league almost all year round and have a maximum of 40-50 players you can have on a roster. Also allow commissioner to edit more rules and deadlines.

128th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Automatic Substitutions Option for Players Ruled Out Prior to Game Start Time

An option that allows the team manager to auto sub for players ruled 'O' on game day only. Manager would create a 'prioritized sub list' for each position based on players already on the bench.

Example: If on game day a WR is ruled Out, the system would select the next WR on the auto sub list based on the team manager's sub order.

This makes it easier for managers to have contingencies for late scratches where the manager cannot practically access the FF app (driving, at work, running a 5K, especially for managers running a 5K)

The option could…

1st ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Gathering feedback  ·  112 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • BRING BACK THE INDIVIDUAL SMACK TALK ROOMS OR YOU"RE GOING TO LOSE MY LEAGUE AFTER 15 YEARS ON YAHOO!

Seriously, smack talk is head to head, and then others can add to the conversation. The group smack talk is ********. You don't smack talk everyone at once. You smack talk who you're playing that week, and then others can comment on that smack talk. My league has been on Yahoo for 15 years but I'm actively looking for another place to play if you change this. I've been giving out a best smack talk in our league of around ten years. (Way before you guys added it for awhile) so if you remove it, WE WILL LEAVE YAHOO FANTASY…

162nd ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Allow importing of lists (.xls or .csv) directly into the predraft rankings.

I believe it would be beneficial and time saving to be able to import our own custom lists into the Pre-draft rankings for our league. Please look into implementing this. The current system with the columns and arrows is a but cumbersome even with the drag-drop functionality. With IDPs and deeper leagues, it can take forever to find players in the list.

162nd ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow Custom Tiebreaker Rules

There is no reason to be forced to use Yahoo's default rules for determining regular season tiebreakers. Give me the option in my league to allow head to head matchups for teams with identical winning percentages determine their tiebreaker, not their overall points scored. I'm frankly baffled that this is still not an option. Common sense would indicate that if I beat you in the regular season, but we're both 8-5 at the end of the year, I make the playoffs, regardless of what our total points-for are. I understand some don't agree with this, but that's why there should…

28th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            Gathering feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • 2 points for a win 1 point for scoring in the top half of league

If you have 10 teams in your league then you should be able to award the top 5 each week for scoring.

Make 2 points for a win over your opponent and 1 point for taking in the top half of the league. If you just happen to face high score that week and you have the 3rd highest score you will still get a point for taking in the top half.

Each week a team can get 3 points this week help take out the luck of facing the top scores each week.

128th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Make it possible to trade future auction draft dollars

Currently, a manager can trade future draft picks in leagues that utilize the draft pick system, but managers in auction draft leagues cannot trade future auction draft dollars. I would like to see this changed.

192nd ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Playoff's

Does anybody know if yahoo is changing the playoff format? Allowing you to choose how many teams make the playoff's We would like to go to 7 and would be a deal breaker if it does not get changed.

269th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • trade review

Does anybody know if yahoo is bringing back the yahoo trade review? This was such a great option so teams couldn't just veto because there trade got rejected. And leaving it up to the commish (which I am for my league) is not the answer because its just one persons opinion who happens to be in the league. The third party yahoo trade review eliminated all arguments we as a league left it up to them.

269th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Locking players after they've played.

There seems to be an issue where you can still drop a player after they've played for the week. An example of this happened this year where someone played a TE on the Sunday night, then after the game, dropped him and picked up a RB and played that RB on the Monday night. The system does lock players from being picked up if they've already played, but does not lock them from being dropped. Effectively, this allowed someone to gain the benefit of playing that player, and then dropping him to get the benefit of a new player.

267th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      3 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Yahoo needs to offer a full playoff option for leagues!!

I desperately need an option that I can have a championship playoff and a playoff for the cellar!! This seems like a simple request that is way past its time. Regular season would be for playoff seeding to see what you were playing for...a championship or attempting to get out of the dreaded "Sacko." PLEASE MAKE THIS AN OPTION BEFORE THIS SEASON!!!!

234th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Reserve/Developmental List

For keeper leagues it would be cool to be able to have an inactive developmental roster spot or two. Basically at the end of your draft, the league has one or two rounds of picks to pick players to stash for future years. These players can't be used in your active lineup until activated, and once activated, can't be moved back to developmental list. Also you can only have x number of active players on your roster, so to activate someone from this list, you would have to drop a player to make room. For keeper leagues this would give…

234th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Please make the team name option more than a 20 character max.

At least double the character max to 40. I know several people that have had to completely change their team names because of this 20 character limit.

5th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            Gathering feedback  ·  56 comments  ·  Fantasy Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base