Please revise story; White Tails are harmful & poisonous!
A woman was bitten by a so-called harmless White Tail and had amputation is wrong. White Tail Spiders are harmful and poisonous! Please correct this oversight. I've had personal experience with this particular spider.
Barbara Laughton-Pecze commented
I was bitten by a White Tail and went straight to an emergency; they gave me a tetanus shot and painkillers and suggested I used ice. I learned that White Tails are anything but harmless; they're extremely poisonous. When I lived near Albury, NSW, I found myself killing at least 10 a day out in the bush. White Tails are hunters and their poison can necrotise the bite area and more. They are not harmless so if you see one in your home, kill it!