Yahoo Tech

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Tech?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Weekly emails with link to latest Pogue articles

I subscribed to NY Times weekly tech emails and always looked forward to reading the latest Pogue review. Is there a way that I can get updated when there is a new article?

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The videos will not play.

The videos will not play on the new layout.

131st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop that topstory slideshow

It is so incredibly annoying... I would love to actually read Yahoo Tech regularly, but everytime i open it, those huge panels slide every few seconds and it is 1) impossible to read those titles 2) super annoying, because they are so huge.

My solution is to scroll down so the newst stuff is out of screen, and then i can check out other stories.

If you really really want moving carousel, make it less terrible. Do a cross-dissolve or other less irritating animation.

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Choose video quality manually.

As of now the video automatically adjusts to the internet speed. Would like to set the resolution of the video manually irrespective of what net speed i have. :)

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New Tech page - tiles are too big, lack text summary

If you must use tiles apply some HTML5 smarts. Pulse.com at least has size options. The new flipboard web format combines graphics and text. But the real wave of the future is something like NYT Skimmer where the viewer selects the graphics/text mix and employs horizontal page "scrolling". It will be difficult to trust Yahoo Tech if it can't walk the walk.

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Way to much unnecessary graphics.

Yahoo Tech can be reduced to one page that I look at twice a day or I will have to search for an alternative and not see you at all.

36th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I love the new lay out but

I think the tiles are to big you could put more content on a page or let me customize more.

131st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How about pull your heads out? Graphics does not equate to meaning

The new format is unreadable. You can't find articles without all the annoying graphics that detract from finding interesting headlines. This is yet another area where you're pushing people to leave your service. Brilliant.

230th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 168th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I really don't like this new Tech page.

I really don't like this new Tech page. Nothing like having yahoo tech news page load really slowly because it's all one big long page full of photos. How about giving us the option of whether we want to use the older style or this new style. As it is right now, I can't even go to yahoo tech news because it's like 3 minutes just to load the page because of all the photos. You've killed yahoo the news for all of us that don't have the fastest internet or the newest computer. And I would upgrade both, but…

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Saving Tech Articles

I was trying to save a few articles that I wanted to read so I could read them later, but there was not a save button as there was in the other sections of the website where there are articles. Could you please add the Save button? Thanks

110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. No Animated GIFs should be an option

Let us turn annoying animated gifs off if we prefer.

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

We appreciate all the feedback we’ve received regarding Yahoo Tech and features, and we’re constantly working on improving our user’s experience. We’ve made some recent adjustments to some of the content and visibility of our articles, and we’d love to hear more about the changes you’re seeing.

The feedback we receive is vital in our decision making process and recommend our users to continue posting comments here with any additional feedback/ideas.

Thanks!

16. New Tiles/images way too big and lettering is difficult to read

I no longer like to visit your page because it's very difficult to scan the tiles - huge pictures are distracting and don't really contribute to an understanding of the item. Also many times the lettering cannot be read easily b/c they match the background color of black/white. I will much more likely go to CNET or ZDNET.

74th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On the reviews section, maybe have catagories on a favorite brand (samsung) etc......

On the reviews section, maybe have catagories on a favorite brand (samsung) etc......

230th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Talk about all Tech related news! even if its Yahoo!

Everyone covers the ousting of HdC and Yahoo selects no to report. If you can't use Yahoo for all news then you are effectively censoring!!

168th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Know what platform you are on and adjust accordingly.

I enjoy looking at the website, but only on my computer. The site looks horrible on my Kindle Fire and my Windows 8 phone. Please fix.

275th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Titles and text are not visible over the tiles

Don't overlay the text over pictures - it doesn't work. Even advertisement shows blue-on-blue - what will your sponsors think about this?

168th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Tech

Feedback and Knowledge Base