How can we improve Yahoo Entertainment

Why are you making Yahoo so unusable? I can't find the place to change to my location, I don't live in Sunnyvale, CA!

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ellen Star shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have attempted to change the zip code and or location but there is no way to do that - I have tried highlighting Sunnyvale, CA but that doesn't work, and there is no option "Change location" at the top of the showtimes page - I opened every option available on the showtimes page before I ended up here.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looks live we should all move to Sunnyvale. ever wonder why it defaults to Sunnyvale??

Where is Yahoo headquarters??

I'm on a lg android phone and do not see a change location. And when i hit the menu it goes to a completely different page with data expensive graphics.

I have a button to change location but when I select my location, it still shows me theaters in Germantown, MD rather than where I am. I have tried turning off the browser locate feature so that I can set my true location since Yahoo will never detect it properly, but it still gives me Germantown, MD. I don't even know where Germantown, MD is, does Yahoo expect me to move there so their pages will work?
    If only we could get the old Yahoo that worked back. I don't understand why Yahoo is determined to drive away all its users by forcing software on us that does not work and no one can tolerate.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clicking on "change location" does bring up local theaters as does clicking on "get show times" ...but only for the current session. This "new and improved" page does not allow you to permanently change the location........unless you do what Yahoo wants you to do, and that is to "detect" your location so they then have a permanent tab on you. Another "Big Brother" move.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mine no longer has the option to change location and only has Sunnyville California listed.

• Ellen Star commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, after I wrote the above and went back to the page it was on my regular location where there was an option to choose a zip code. The page that had Sunnyvale, CA had nowhere to choose a zip code. There must have been a glitch somewhere.

Feedback and Knowledge Base