Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. focus

The first thing is to make sure the article we click comes up. This is has been an ongoing problem for several months. I read Yahoo a lot and this frustrates me as I'm sure it does other readers.

1620th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why are the Atlanta Falcons listed as the number four seed in the playoffs instead of the number 2 seed.

You managed to get the AFC right, but not the NFC. Atlanta moved into the number 3 seed when they beat San Francisco, and into the number two seed when they beat Carolina and Seattle lost. Yet you still have Atlanta as the number four seed. If Atlanta beats New Orleans at home this week they will secure a first round bye. Shouldn't your standings reflect that fact.

770th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The calendar format for team schedules is horrible.

Please go back to the list schedule. The calendar schedule is too much work for a user to have to do when they want to see how a team has done so far. Clicking through a calendar makes me leave the site and go find what I want elsewhere.

476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I click on ncaab, first 7 stories include 1 basketball, 1 cannibis, 1 joe jonas, 1 paige van zant and 2 "sponsored". Where is the basketbal

I click on ncaab, 1st 7 stories include 1 soccer, 1 cannibis, 1 joe jonas, 1 paige van zant and 2 "sponsored". Where is the basketball?

316th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. NBA side: Poor Functionality & Format, plus way too busy.

As many other complaints state, your updates have gotten worse every year and this season is the worse its ever been. Your pages are loaded with excessively needless information, making it very tedious to navigate and obtain the most basic and sought after information. The game information pages are clustered with unrealistic information that basketball fans do not want to see first, thus should be last or on an optional tab. Everything on the NBA pages wreaks of being designed by people who are not basketball fans. Even the NBA app is awful and hardly works properly from too much…

556th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. shut it down--It sucks=site is designed by stupid people who know nothing about sports--Good bye yahoo

see above --yahoo sucks--SELL TO THE FIRST BIDDER-MARISSA HAS RUINED YAHOO--SELL

316th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 556th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Get rid of the hearts in comments.

Put it back the way it was

316th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why can we no longer access our own comments?

There is no longer a link to access our own comments. Why?

316th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. get sport announcers from fs1 off the air

have a sport announcer from each club announce that way I can stand it but not when the announcer talks about how great the giant pitcher is and yes there's a cub pitcher but the giant pitcher he's done this and he's done that they the other team can do anything

1211th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I've stopped reading the Yahoo NFL page because of all of the college football articles. You already have a NCAAF page, use it.

I've stopped reading the Yahoo NFL page because of all of the college football articles. You already have a NCAAF page, use it.

276th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On NCAAF home page you list 3 articles on soccer and the NFL in your top 10 articles

Sports home pages should be dedicated to that sport only. Ex: On NCAAF home page you list 3 articles on soccer and the NFL in your top 10 articles. Who cares?

770th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Eliminate the recurring, obnoxious Fantasy Football league pop-ups

Should be able to block these obnoxious adds or to have an option "not interested" so they don't continue .

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why ask?

You won't change it anyway, so why ask? You'll make us STAY off with your STUPID format and you want us to use Yahoo for our search engine when it takes 4 or 5 different pages to finally get what you want.. You have steadily become MORE Pathetic by the day. Thanks for nothing and I hope you got a good laugh * me off!!!!

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Conversations - Problems

Your "new" Conversations (replacement for Comments) section is loaded with problems . . . I guess to go along with your horrible new sports formats (it all used to be on one page . . . now it's all over the place) which are drawing much criticism.

Biggest single complaint from users is that their posts (Comments) disappear mysteriously.

Also, personally, I can only get the Conversations section to work on one browser (Internet Explorer) and it will not work (well or at all) on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. FYI, I am using Windows 7.

Please feel free to…

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  39 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Thumbs not hearts

It's a sports forum. Get rid of the hearts and put thumbs up and thumbs down back.

250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Listen to, and actually ACT on the feedback in a very timely manner

It's obvious from all the feedback that users are dissatisfied with the changes. Many share the same concerns (i.e. click to read more, automatic video playback, need to search/scroll for scores and box scores, mixing irrelevant sponsored content with sports content (on the sports page).
    Will the feedback actually be listened to and acted upon? If so, when can we expect the "new and improved" yahoo sports based on users feedback? Thanks!

158th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The MLB schedule doesn't allow you to see starting pitchers daily.

Many fantasy baseball users would select sports, MLB, and schedules which showed team matchups and also the starting pitchers, now the pitchers are not shown for each game, so you have to go MLB.com to get that info. Can you add the pitching matchups into the game details? THANKS!

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

Thanks for pointing this out. We are working on getting starting pitcher info back to the Scores/Schedule page. I’ll update this post when its available.

We appreciate the feedback, keep it coming!
    Joe

19. Breaking News over two days old

Current Breaking News banner (after reloads)
    "Breaking News: Here's the field for the 2016 MLB Home Run Derby"

The Derby was Monday at 6 pm MT; right now is Wednesday, 9:45 pm. Maybe time to go back to an older Sports page?

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Go back to the old comment method.

Dont try to look like ESPN.

We want up and down arrows in the comments like previously.

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base