Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. comment section under box scores

There is no longer a comment section available under box scores. Right in the middle of the NBA finals??? Please reinstate comment section

318th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop asking me to play Weekly Fantasy

Every 5 clicks it seems, or at the least everytime I go to your site the pop up ad asking me to play weekly fantasy is there. Its not enough you have it as a banner, or its the first like above my team on your page. I will not use yahoo anymore if this keeps up. I play FanDuel and Draft Kings. Your site is as annoying, if not more so than all the commercials on radio and TV for them. Just stop or I'll just use CBSSportsline

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back the mute button to the Sports Boards!!

When you redesigned the sports pages (We all hate the new format BTW), you removed the mute button. Now the trolls are once again running amok, and it is impossible to enjoy a normal conversation. This is especially bad on the Dodgers/Giants boards. Please bring back mute, or all the sane people will leave and all you'll have left is the crazies.

570th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I just got hit with two simultaneous auto-play videos on the same page at the same time.

One video at a time is frustrating enough, but two is just going to make me crazy. The second video was way down the page, so it took me a long time to scroll down and find it so I could kill it. I'm sure this just increases your video hit count, but it's so frustrating. I'm fundamentally against the idea of ad-blocking programs, but this is enough to make me install one.

1228th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Videos

I keep turning off autoplay on the many many many videos you put on pages and they keep playing , I dont want them to play until I play them. This is getting F#@KING rediculous I'm going to MSN because they listen to their viewer, YOU DONT

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop The ******* pop up adds

Stop The ******* pop up adds

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Access to fantasy football articles

Can you separate articles by sport and not by fantasy expert? Everything is so clogged on the site, have to scroll thru a number of articles on all sports on the general "Fantasy" page to access articles to the sport you want. Click on Fantasy Football and you just get a promo to Join or Create a league. (already did that)

At the bottom of the League page, I do love how there are always 4 or so relevant (football) articles there. But again, the final option at the very bottom is to 'View All Yahoo Sports Experts' which just…

1228th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add fantasy sports to the homepage. it was in the old version and it would be helpful fun the new version.

please add fantasy sports as an option on the homepage. it was in the old version, but seems to have been over looked in this version.

215th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. COLLEGE BASEBALL WORLD SERIES

Why is there NO news about the College World Series. It just ended with a little known college, Coastal Carolina, winning the COLLEGE WORLD SERIES? Are they too unimportant to report?????
    Sad reporting when only the "big guns" get to be the news media's attention.

3793rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop the Auto-play videos, AGAIN!

You guys stopped auto-pay videos in the sports section for a few months and then the NFL season came around. Every NFL article has an auto-play video that takes forever to load and makes the page run slow. Half the time, the videos have no bearing the on the article and the other half they tell everything in the article. So either go to a video streaming news content only or stop the auto-play videos. Please stop the auto-play videos, please.

1st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello -

We have added the ability to turn off auto-play on our videos. Please review this article – https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN25842.html – to make the change.

Please note that this will not apply to videos provided by NFL.com at this time.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Yahoo Product Support

11. Add NCAA Baseball

Please add NCAA baseball to the list of sports. This is a sport people like to follow and they can't use your app to get it.

397th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop autoplay videos

The admin response is not correct. There is no ability to disable autoplay and there needs to be. I do not want your video playing on an article I am trying to read. I will leave until you fix this.

144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't have "Top Headlines" that are links to paid content.

Links to things like the MLB Free Game of the Day that anyone can watch is fine. But when two "headlines" are both "Watch this NHL game you can only get if you sign into NBC Sports with your cable provider" you are making it more difficult to find actual information and instead promoting "content" users cannot access. Keep ads out of headlines.

570th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sports is fine.

It is the rest that sucks but there is no place to say that on News, so I am here in sports! Why does your format keep changing??? News sucks all around. Go back to the old format. Click on Politics and you get everything. Click on US and you get everything. Click on World and you get everything. When I click on world news and get a story that has nothing to do with world, it ****** me off. And I don't want "news" from Mashable or Mic or any of these other BS links you use now. I…

1228th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. trying to delete last year fantasy football teams

Baseball is starting and I'm still showing last season's fantasy football teams. Can not find a way to delete because league has already started. It archived to my profile but still shows on my list of teams to manage each week.

1228th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. please give me right to have sports or get rid of sports

I don't like sports & I fill that I should have the right to ether get rid of sports, or keep it! Why do I have to look at sports? I fill that it's a waste of my time

1228th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fantasy Baseball Suggestion - Add a Runs Produced Category

As a fan of the runs produced category, I have been waiting for years for Yahoo! to add the category to the fantasy baseball contests. The one I prefer is R+RBI-HR, but I do see the reasoning behind calculating the stat as (R+RBI)/2 as well. Either one would be fine with me, just please seriously consider adding the category. Thank you.

318th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Autoplay

There are now autoplay videos that can not be muted or paused on the sports homepage, this is obnoxious and will reduce my usage of the sports page if it is not stopped

142nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. NCAA Women's Basketball is now 4 quarters instead of 2 halves. Can you stop saying every game was 2 OTs?

NCAA Women's Basketball is now 4 quarters instead of 2 halves. Can you stop saying every game was 2 OTs?

318th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. maybe you should put as much effort into making the NCAAF scores page work for "all teams" as you do into having daily fantasy on your site

it would be nice to be able to actually see NCAAF scores/schedule outside of the Top25, you had problems before, fixed them, but it seems that this is back again- with a vengeance

397th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base