Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hey will you at least look at this soccer page? You have stories two months old. C'mon this is worthless.

At least read the world soccer page and see if it makes sense to you? Still carrying stories over two months old, proudly proclaiming Man City takes over first place from Man Utd.? C'mon what a pathetic piece of ****. Just look at the page and see if it makes sense to you as a updated piece of journalism..ahem, using that word lightly.

1573rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

I am not able to replicate this issue. Can you please provide the link to the page you see the old content along with browser and OS info?

Thanks,
    Yahoo! Product Support

2. More Contract Info

When looking at NFL team rosters, the 2012 Salary is a cool figure, but showing contract years remaining would be extremely helpful to fans trying to determine the long term outlook of their team.

388th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If you're going to feature an article that leads to a video. Please make sure it actually leads to said video.

I clicked on a link to see a video, only to be led to a Yahoo's Sport Minute (or whatever) video. *sigh* Yahoo does it again.

1573rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Conversations - Problems

Your "new" Conversations (replacement for Comments) section is loaded with problems . . . I guess to go along with your horrible new sports formats (it all used to be on one page . . . now it's all over the place) which are drawing much criticism.

Biggest single complaint from users is that their posts (Comments) disappear mysteriously.

Also, personally, I can only get the Conversations section to work on one browser (Internet Explorer) and it will not work (well or at all) on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. FYI, I am using Windows 7.

Please feel free to…

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  39 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. why is the NFL page littered with college football? doesn't college football have it's own page?

why is the NFL page littered with college football? Doesn't college football have it's own page?

274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. If I click on the MLB page, I should only see BASEBALL stories!

I'm not sure why the new sports pages are even broken out by the different sports because if I click on MLB, I get stories on all the different sports, and very little MLB-related content, which is annoying. It didn't use to be this way.

182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. No Way to Easily Access Fantasy

The new mobile layout is atrocious! There is no way to easily access fantasy games. And once you do find the page, there are only a few sports...not all them which would be a proper index should be created for mobile viewing.

And just as worse, you don't give an option to revert back or even seem to have taken usability scheming into consideration. Just because Facebook uses this layout doesn't make it correct.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Breaking News over two days old

Current Breaking News banner (after reloads)
    "Breaking News: Here's the field for the 2016 MLB Home Run Derby"

The Derby was Monday at 6 pm MT; right now is Wednesday, 9:45 pm. Maybe time to go back to an older Sports page?

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I clicked on the Texas Tangers under MLB and Team and none of the news items had anything to do with the Rangers. Please check your filters

News articles under Texas Rangers have nothing to do with Ranges or baseball. Seems like they are just any sports items. Not what I expected.

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Favorite Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. wow yahoo sports is almost as slow as yahoo finance

Best advise is to stop all the **** and make it load faster like youtube, chrome etc. If you cant do that, all these mediocre updates are pointless. Tired of waiting and waiting for your page to load with photos, ads, a bunch of pages I dont care about, and the killer, videos that play by themselves I still dont care about. If I cant navigate the page and find things easily, I just say forget changing anything because it isnt for the better.

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let us remove sports from our Fantasy sports list

Look, I suggested being able to remove sports form our fantasy sports list, and the geniuses at YAHOO told me I can edit them by moving them up and down. I DID NOT ASK to move them up or down, I want to REMOVE them once the season is done. YAHOO takes FORVER to do this after the season is done. (Example: right now for football)

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Mark. We are working on giving users the ability to remove sports from the Fantasy list, but do not have a timeframe when it will be completed. Once I have an update, I will post it here.

Yahoo Product Support

14. customizeable

Please allow yahoo sports to be customizable the same way that my.yahoo.com is. That way we can pick the layout that we want. The current set-up is very cluttered and lacks organization.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Viewing NCAAF scores is awful.

Mobile doesn't allow the viewing all scores on a given day unless you view by conference. What is Yahoo doing? Do the people at Yahoo that design these pages follow sports? Desktop changes to the web pages are just as bad. Time to find another website that is more user friendly for sports.

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Invite system for fantasy sports

PLEASE change the invite system back to the way it was when we could just give somebody the league ID and password. The invite system is so annoying because I can't send reminders to people who have their email hidden. I also have to increase the league size to invite other people. Either change it back or make it way more user friendly. I have been commishing for 12 years and I have never had so much trouble inviting people.

87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. NASCAR Tabs

You need to fix the NASCAR schedule and standings tab. The are still reflecting the Nationwide Series it should say Xfinity Series

274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. UNC Calendar stopped working

It appears that the UNC .ics stops being read in after November 21. Is there a problem with the data?

764th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base