Sports Redesign

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Actually post favorite team scores/schedule on the sports section of my My Yahoo page.

Actually post favorite team scores/schedule on the sports section of my My Yahoo page. My WNBA team, nor my Women's NCAA basketball teams are never listed.

277th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Favorite Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wrong again

When I click to the http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/ page, the first three stories are about some golfer, some hockey player selling his house, and a basketball player.

What the ****? Why do you people insist on constantly making things worse?

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello -

I am not able to replicate this issue. Can you respond to this message with your browser, operating system and a screenshot of the page? This info will help our engineering team investigate.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Joe

3. Too many photos and videos clogging up the screen...not enough headlines on the main screen.

I'd like to see more links to headlines on the main page...and less photos clogging up the screen. It's fine to have one photo and/or to have a photo AFTER we click a headline, but one assumes that the people who come to this page can actually read and not just look at pictures.

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  326 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hard to navigate

Go back to the old page. Sometimes simpler is better, nobody wants to go through half a dozen steps to get to the articles or scores they are looking for.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Go back to the old website. Click to read more is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. I won't be back

Go back to the old website. Click to read more is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Hire all new web developers. I won't be back

10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If Yahoo wanted to target the Yahoo experience for users

They should give users the option to completely IGNORE entire categories of articles from appearing in what we the users get fed. Don't like Fantasy Sports? CLICK. Gone. never see another article about fantasy sports (total BS) that has nothing to do with real sports ever again. I could definitely live with categorically blocking everything about which I have ZERO interest.

317th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Conference Standings on Team Page

Please put conference standings (or division standings as applicable) back on the team home pages.

The standings are essential information for monitoring the progress of a team. The team's record and rank in the standings (which are currently shown) are not sufficient information, as they give no sense of how far behind or ahead the team is relative to its competition.

It is preferable to have the standings visible on the same page as the team's schedule so that you can assess your team's chances of making up ground without flipping back and forth between pages.

The current standings page…

317th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. your ordering of baseball box scores is nonsensical

When one looks at the box scores of a game, the order of the batting section should be the batting order. The order of the pitching section should be the order that they pitched in the game. This is useful information. Please have someone who is a serious fan review this!

204th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it easier to choose the desktop site.

Make it easier to choose the desktop site and make it permanent. I have to switch to the desktop site every other day. The mobile pages are seriously lacking info. Most of the time they are of no use.

Thanks

773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve player profile on mobile devices

The player profile does a poor job of showing career and current year statistics. Make it similar to the desktop site where the player info, news, and stats are all in one easy to view page. Seeing stats by year stacked on each other would be especially helpful.

773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Message Board

Yahoo please help!! Since May 1st I have been unable to post on the message boards. I also cannot view new messages posted on the boards since May 1st. Yahoo, can you please help???

1212th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Our engineers are aware and are working toward a solution. We hope to have this resolved soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

14. Please make MLB team schedules available in a calendar view, not just a list view.

On old Yahoo Sports, and virtually every other major sports web site, there was an option (or a default) for calendar view of MLB team schedules. MLB games occur almost daily for most teams, and it's far more efficient to look at a teams schedule in a monthly calendar view than the super long list. Please bring back a calendar view.

158th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Idea is based on Cricket. I made an extension which notifies you when your selected favourite batsmen come to crease.

Ever regretted missing ABD's quickfire, or maybe MSD's power-hitting?
    I made a Google Chrome Extension: 'A Call from Cricket', which could be a gentle help for my fellow cricket lovers. Just select your favourites, and you'll be notified when they come to the crease to bat. The link for the extension is:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/a-call-from-cricket/pheplnhhjbkmadpnkcjjgnlnemlcgacn?hl=en-US&gl=CA/publish-accepted

I used Yahoo Cricket API, and was thinking if Yahoo Cricket website could use this, and provide users some exciting notifications on the same lines.
    Thanks!

Regards
    Abhinav Chawla

155th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ... hide sports i don't care to know about...

I have absolutely no interest in certain sports (e.g., UFC). When I'm logged in, I would like to be able to have the option to hide sports from MY display...

72nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back the favorites to the homepage, this was a great feature

Bring back the customization of everyones homepage. Everyones unique. I can care less about dating, homes, parenting, finance, style and beauty

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. cover horse racing extensively and daily

Stories of upcoming races and results. Feature stories on personalities and fans

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In nascar schedule please have a link for google calendar

In nascar schedule please have a link for google calendar

317th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 111th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Sports Redesign

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base