New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spam protection

My spam is getting ridiculous. I can't filter it. If it continues this way, Yahoo has lost me, big time....and I've been a user for years. C'mon guys & gals....get with the program!

2682nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MAIL POPOUT OPTION WHILE DRAFTING A REPLY TO ALL MAIL

Hi, small recommendation hopefully it helps in way Mail popout option while replying to the existing email. Resizing a snippet image in a mail. Unable to align a signature and the image with the font text. More fonts and colors.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Security

Yahoo mail Security:

Why do you allow ransomware to be mailed in yahoo mail?

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. attaching files from the document to any mail

Hi Team,

Please give the options to attach the files from the document folder when we are replying to any conversation. What is the idea of having documents on web if the mailbox does not allow them to be attached to the on going conversation.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. What and Huh, Yahoo?! Functionality and ease worse than ever

Why Yahoo? Every time you upgrade, functionality, ease of use and efficiency gets worse!! There is now a big space defaulted into the email body so when you copy already formatted content, like from Microsoft word, there is a huge space between paragraphs. This also happens when just typing directly into email. In this age of mobile phone and small screens, why are you making us have to scroll down twice as long now to see the message!! Stop formatting style into your email and let us choose spacing, etc …. And, why would you move the functions (Archive, Move,…

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please simplify the senders list

1. Who needs logos there ?

2. If I need to forward a message to a list, when you delete a name in the list, it was much easier to be moved automatically to the next name in the list.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Move buttons back to top

Move the Reply and Forward buttons (and other options) back to the top. It is beyond silly to force me to scroll to the bottom of a thread just to click Reply.This is just the dumbest of a myriad of bad decisions made in designing this new layout. The whole thing was better two revisions ago.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. wheres the video chat button

i wana video chat i have only a pc

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. What is the point of adding a contact as a FAVORITE and then there is no way to select messages from them

I want my FAVORITES view BACK or in one versions they were called IMPORTANT either way - give them back

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Attachments are not 'attached' when email is being answered. I want attachments to be on the reply for editing.

We need attachments to travel with the messages -- and not to disappear when a message is answered!

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Unread" not updating -- Workaround clicking F5 closes all tabs

[Using "List" layout with "Small Spacing"]
    As many stated before: The "Unread" section doesn't work.
    New Mails show up in Inbox and other folders ... yet not in Unread.
    Unread used to be my goto folder in the classic version. Now I have to click F5 to update and see if anything new is there.
    Unfortunately that closes all my other conversation tabs.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. email does not seem to include multimedia creation

I would like to include multimedia and photo editing not just including gifs and animations in emails.

these are a very helpful design tool when they are available, I like coding [4GL] let's put it this way.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Mail = UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF SPAM IN MY INBOX.

New Mail = UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF SPAM IN MY INBOX.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't auto expand contact information when hovering over a contact in To/CC

When replying, the "To" field populates exactly over where the previous "reply" button was. Hovering over the contact in the "To" field causes it to expand automatically with contact information. This expansion covers the message text field. This is an inconvenience as it requires moving the mouse after clicking "reply" instead of instantly being able to type into the message field. Well, you can type, you just can't see it. Perhaps move the buttons/fields so that there isn't an automatic expansion when the new message window opens, or require a right click to expand contact information.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. day headers show only resource ID in grid view

Bug report:
    Using Chrome and FireFox browsers, all is good.
    Using Msft Edge, in the grid view of the message threads, the group headers for the day's names and "today", "yesterday", "last week" all show up as 4-digit resource ID numbers instead of the text.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change how you select individual e-mails to delete/move etc.

Instead of a tiny checkbox that you have to precisely click on, how about an easy drag option? Or make the checkbox way bigger. Or have it so that you can click on the blank part of the thread to select it, instead of having it GO TO the thread. Tired of selecting 50+ things, then accidentally clicking on a thread and having it undone.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to delete forwarding messages in thread.

First email on which I was forwarding had error. New email with correction was being forwarded (draft mode), I deleted the original . When I checked the draft, it had the orignal also which is confusing. I should be able to delete earlier forwarding messages.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 5134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base