New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. can't vote..

yes i'm signed in.
    just useless..

2472nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make MY sort selection sticky!

I'm sick of having to re-select 'unread' after viewing a message, when returning to the inbox, etc, etc, ETC,,,,

1765th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. the whole page of my email when I try to click

The screen for email continually returns to the top when I try to page down as well. please fix it. thanks

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. mail skipped when sorting by unread and changing tab

When I sort by unread emails, then open an unread email and pass to a new tab after clicking a link inside the email, when I go back to the mail tab a different unread email is shown. This doesn't allow me to use the new version of yahoo mail as I often need to open links inside emails.

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Default or selected email message is not being highlighted

This is an error on a functionality which I think needs fixed. Below is the scenario...

1. I am in the Inbox

2. Clicked on the recent email message (maybe any email in the Inbox but needs testing) and opened and read

3. Close the email message by clicking the "X" or hit "Esc" button on the keypad

4. I expect the current email message row to get highlighted, i.e. default row should be highlighted \ selected

5. Instead the selection is on a different message \ row which is a concern

This is a concern as, if I (or a user) closes the email…

1765th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Missingfeature to open password protected attachments after entering the right password.

Yahoo is the only email service I know of which says, password protected attachments cannot be open. In all other emails, it gives users a prompt to enter password of the pdf file which has come in email attachments and if entered correctly, then it opens the pdf and you can view them easily.
    It is very useful when checking bank statements. Downloading is unsafe if you are on public computers. Checking online helps keep these documents secure.
    Hope Yahoo will develop these soon. Thank you.

1765th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow utf-8 in titles in the files when downloading attachments as a zip file

When unzipping attachments downloaded as a zip file utf-8 in titles doesn't work. The titles are distorted. Fix that please.

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: dragging mails from inbox to another folder causes auto-scroll of folder list to keep scrolling, even when mouse is not moving anymore

Bugreport, not sure if this is the correct place for it but can't find a better link:

When dragging a mail from inbox to a folder, if the folder list is bigger than the screen, causes the list to auto scroll. That's fine. On 4K displays with a scaling factor of 150% however, the list won't stop scrolling when I stop moving my mouse, making the folder scroll away underneath my mouse pointer and making me "hunt" down the moving folder and timing when to stop pressing down to drop the mail in the correct folder. It's very annoying, and…

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Updating future recurring events information

UPdating/editing ongiong Events/anniversaries etc fails when it it saved with "all future Events". nothing happens

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. spelling verification should be contained in Yahoo and not in the web browser...it doesn't work!

bring back the spelling verification as web browser doesn't check your email content. It should be included in Yahoo.

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Input being typed arabic style

unable to log into yahoo mail, as I typed my username "user@yahoo.com" it printed on the screen "moc.oohay@resu" . please fix

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why isn't Yahoo mobile app blocking images by default on the Spam folder?

Yahoo mobile app - newest version - isn't blocking images in spam as did previous mobile versions or the desktop version. Display images is an all or nothing switch in settings. This really needs to be fixed.

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. spam mail NOT in the English Language, so my inbox email go to spam in Chinese

Don't change my primary reading language !!!! it's English ONLY nothing else.....

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For your security, we have disabled all images and links in this email.

"For your security, we have disabled all images and links in this email." should be optional for the Spam folder.

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Failed to clear folder

There are a few very full folders of useless spam where every time I try to empty the folder I get a message 'Failed to clear folder [folder name]' or if I try to select a stack with the tick at the top of the folder and delete them it returns unable to delete the 100 folders.

I have individually deleted the 100 and found that its not a buggy email in the list.
    I cannot manually delete them as a couple of them have 4000+ emails in.

It would be very helpful if there was a working way of…

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Our right!

gentlemen, it’s not very democratic to occupy the writing workspace with your garbage! How do you know what interests us? Remove these windows and videos !!!

1765th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Colored font in received emails

Sudddenly color fonts in received emails became invisible. I cannot find the way to get this back and I cannot even ask Yahoo my question because there are only a few prepared templates with problems. No one answers on Yahoo Answers and I am losing hours with the problem that could be solved in minutes..

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Error in yahoo mail move message

You have an error in Yahoo Mail when accessed through Chrome on Windows 10. To reproduce: Create a subfolder, then a nested subfolder with a numeric name, e.g. 2935.
    From Inbox or any other folder, select a message in the folder view, type [shift]D to move and start typing "2935". The selected message is moved to some other random folder.

2472nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base