New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. NO NO NO!!!!!

We don't want "quick contacts" This is not an improvement.

Just give us what we want! PLEASE!!!
    I don't understand. Are you all < 18? > 80?

Do you not pay 1 second of attention to what your PAYING customers are saying? What the heck is going on at Yahoo??

448th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. KEEP THE FORMER METHOD OF ADDING NEW CONTACTS

Keep The Former Method For Adding New Contacts
    It was easy to add new contacts when all I had to do was scroll over the new email address and click on Add Contact. A window opened with the name and email address already there. Yahoo Mail is starting to look more like Gmail. That is not an improvement. I receive emails from new people almost daily. Please keep the good features you had and make it better from there. When you discontinue a useful feature you are creating more work and inconvenience for the people who are using the tools…

208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. print one list in contacts

I want to print one list of contacts. The only thing that will print is my entire contact file, not just one list. I've had to switch back to the Basic email to do this, but then when I try to use Basic to email a list of contacts, the list will not appear and I have to switch back to New email. I am very frustrated. Do I need to take my account elsewhere?

523rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The new contact list update is super confusing.

It doesn't alphabetize any of the lists and is really hard to read or find any contacts you're looking for.

543rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Print contact lists and group lists

How do I print my contact list or group lists. I have not been able to find a way to do that..

648th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. email groups

You need to be able to click on a contact and see what lists (or groups) they are a part of. I have groups of 40 to 50 contacts that sometimes need to be moved from one list to another, but I have no way of knowing what lists a contact is on without reading through all of the contacts in each of my 5 lists.

648th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alphabetize by last name

I want contact list alphabetized by LAST names not first names.

267th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It's better make the last name first! It will easier to find the contact! The old contact is better the this new one!

It's better make the last name first! It will easier to find the contact! The old contact is better the this new one!

598th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't add email addresses to contacts with a spreadsheet

Please give us a way to import an email list in .csv format to contacts

1093rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. number of contacts in a list

How do I determine the number of contacts in a list? The old system provided the number of contacts in a list.

605th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You added problems with new contacts on the right side. Maybe it's time to reinvent your mission, vision and concept?

Dear Yahoo! Mail,

I am your user since 2003. I had a chance to switch to Gmail, but their contacts and other features made me unsatisfied.
    However, it seems that you do not understand what EMAIL business is. First, it looks like you do changes without any concept. Like you just do what users say (by the voting system which is also strange). Second, it looks like you do not want to earn money from the mail service.
    Let me explain, and I feel your data, which I hope you analyze, confirms my thoughts.
    Only in USA, there are 8…

560th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add contact nickname to import/export CSV format

I need to import over 100 contacts that include a nickname. The contact details have a place for the nickname but the import/export functions do not support that field. As a result, I still need to manually edit every imported contact.

1504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give back the option to stop automatically adding contacts

Give back the option to stop the automatic adding of contacts. That seems to have disappeared from the Settings

743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option for adding new contacts

Yahoo should provide an option that enables you to tap on the email address of someone sending email, and adding this person to your contact list straight away. At the moment, I have to copy and paste (or write down) the email of the person sending an email, and then going into Contacts and manually add the person.

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  46 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How do I export contacts by certain group list

How do I export only contacts from a certain list? I need to be able to share one group list of contacts with the client to which they belong (a homeowner assoc) but when I pull that contact list up and click on export cvs, I instead get all contacts and there is no way to sort these by group list so I could at least delete all of the others. I have way too many contacts to go through one by one to determine which ones are in the group list.

I would like to thank you for allowing…

743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. print contact list

Please give us a way to print our contact list. Selfishly this would be beneficial for myself and truthfully may be for others as well.

1504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. saving email address to contacts

Why can't I save new contacts from the email? I used to have an option to add the email to the contacts. A pop up would come up and I'd fill in the missing information. Why can't you fix that and bring it back?

186th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I agree with everyone else. Put back associated contact list that used to show up.

I hate the new format. When I put in a contact it used to give me associated contacts for that person as well. That was very important to me in my business. You have taken that away. Please put it back.

605th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Contacts don't export correctly (CSV format)

It took a very inexperienced programmer some EXTRA time to concatenate FIRST MIDDLE & LAST names into one (and only one) name field.

Whee! I can sort by people's FIRST names, just like a 14 year old, but not their LAST names...Which is the standard by which most people file names.

Except that some name fields contain
    - phone numbers? Really?
    - e-mail addresses? Really
    - web addresses? Really?

Yes, really.

Old Yahoo had separate fields for First Middle and Last names. And phone numbers, and e-mails and addresses. Concatenating the names into one field took WORK--a trifling amount, granted,…

772nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I need the addresses for their homes back, on the contact cards,where have they gone help!!!

I need the addresses back for their homes, how can you delete all of mine???????????? Put them back an a option to add adress

678th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base