New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't require an email address in Contacts

Now that the new Contacts interface has been integrated with the latest Yahoo Mail, an email address is required to save a Contact. Why? I had lots of Contacts without email address for many years. Sometimes I just have a person's/business's phone number or I'm just storing info about them. I should not have to enter an email address in any Contact record.

707th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mailing labels

Previously I was able to print mailing labels from a contact list. Please restore this option.

2717th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. get rid of the circles with the big letters in them

get rid of the circles with the big letters in them that are in front of the contacts email address

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. get rid of pop up on contacts page or allow to dismiss. It's blocking things I need.

Get rid of pop up in lower left section of contacts page telling me to upgrade, or at least allow to dismiss. There are times it's blocking buttons I need to click. VERY ANNOYING!

905th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A week ago, I could forward/compose an email and click on CC/BCC and get the contacts in Last name order (as stored) now I can't. Fix it.

Up until a week ago, when I forwarded/composed an e-mail and clicked on CC/BCC the Contacts pop-up showed in the order it was stored - in this case Last name order. Today, that order is ignored and the list comes up in First name order which is totally useless and no way to change it. Please fix that bug and stop calling it a "new, improved" feature. One does not always send an e-mail to everyone on the contact list but to certain groups of people, often by Last name (since you also support that for storing contacts, otherwise why…

771st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to be able again to save my contacts offline by pdf'ing them, like in the old version

In the old version it was possible to save your contacts as a pdf, so they were easily accessible offline. At the same time that was a perfect back-up.
    The current export function doesn't support that feature anymore, and it's impossible to read that excel file. Also, in my language a lot of names do have hyphens and stuff, which are not supported.
    PLEASE BRING PDF POSSIBILITY BACK!!!

2717th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to export my Yahoo contacts, but the new version does not have an Actions Tab ??

Where has the Action Tab gone, so that Yahoo contacts can be exported for Microsoft Outlook ??

1503rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the display are of Contact much larger. Allow line feeds (paragraphs) in Notes.

The cramped area in which Contacts are displayed should be larger to make viewing and editing easier. Make the Notes section friendlier by allowing line feeds (paragraph format) to make notes easier to read.

1503rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 86th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please make it easier to find informations on how to witelist contacts emailaddresses.

I would prefer if whitelisting would be connected right to the button that is showing all my contacts. By now its very hard to find informations on how to whitelist or even hard to manage the whitelisting.

1855th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. spam

stop storing the spam email addresses in the people tab. I do not know anyone from the spam folder and its annoying to see all these people I do not know

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CONTACTS are now severely limited in functionalities

The latest Yahoo mail severely limits the functionalities of contacts. Prior information already entered are not available because now only a few fields are left available. Additionally, export capabilities are now limited to CSV format. This does not allow proper export of foreign languages such as Chinese. Doing so would cause lost data / garbage. This is particularly frustrating because I have been a paid Yahoo Mail Pro user for almost two decades. Over the years, I have invested a lot of time to properly manage my contacts (which includes many Chinese characters). Now most of that work is lost.…

1855th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I send a message to a new email address let me add them to my contacts with a tick box.

When I send a message to a new email address let me add them to my contacts with a tick box. This will let me add them to existing mailing lists.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. by allowing a user to eliminate old no longer in use E-mail addresses when starting to enter the To in a new E-mail

Dropping not used E-mail addresses from the drop down choice after 3 to 6 months

1267th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. physical addresses

Return physical addresses for contacts. My contacts' physical addresses disappeared since I last used them to mail Christmas cards in 2017.

550th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please re-enable the ability to search contacts based on the things that are in the notes. Thank you

Please re-enable the ability to search contacts based on the things that are in the notes. When I search for a word which I now is in some of my contacts notes, it returns no hits. It always worked just fine in the old versions of Yahoo Mail. Thank you.

1855th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Android app no longer letting me see my Contacts List on LG phone!

Fix the Android app so I can see my Contacts again!

1267th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Distribution list limited to 99 names

Are distribution lists still limited to 99 contacts? The old version of the email program told me how many people were on my distribution list, but now I can't tell without counting them. Request #1: Please don't limit distribution lists to 99 contacts. I have 198 names on my movie list and I have to send two separate emails to reach them all. Request #2: Please let me see at a glance how many names are on each distribution list, especially important if we are still limited to 99 names.

1267th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. .london domain

Are you going to add the .london domain as I can not update my contact who uses this domain for their email address.?

2717th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base