New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. scroll position

Recently, when using the web version, I'm seeing the scroll position preserved when I click from one message to the next. Please restore the old, correct behavior of loading each message at the top. If I scroll to the bottom of one message, that certainly doesn't mean that I want to begin the next message scrolled to the bottom. I always want to start at the top.

1657th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please put the Archive,Move,Delete,and Spam functions back over to the left of the bar.

Please put the Archive,Move,Delete,and Spam functions back over to the left of the bar, as that is where I think people naturally go for these functions because their cursor is mostly over the left two columns. I do not use reply or forward that much, so I wouldn't mind that being to the right of the other functions. Thank you.

1015th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Advertising

Hello,

Using email via the website is an atrocious experience with all the advertising banners and ads masquerading as real inbox emails. I'm in disbelief as how this is even tolerable given the competition of Microsoft and Google. Fix the situation right now before you bleed all your subscribers. Remove the ads!

437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Curent mail message focus

In the old version, if you click on a message and view it and then return to the box, the email you were just viewing still has focus. The entry has would be bolded blue, and any new action taken would be on that 'focused' message. In the new version, when you return to the box after viewing a message, you have no idea where that message is, so you have to go looking for it again. The old version was so convenient. The new version is a pain. Any chance you can migrate this feature to the new version…

2261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Put the menu back at the side where it used to be

Whose stupid idea was it to move the menu to the middle of the screen? This means having to move the mouse a lot further to access the menu to do anything with an email.

This idea seems to be targeted at making life more difficult for the disabled, as it makes it a lot harder for anyone with mobility issues to be able to use Yahoo Mail.

Put the menu back on the side where it used to be, which makes it a lot easier to use the menu.

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add delete button back to mail preview on my.yahoo.com. it is more convenient than having to go to Yahoo mail to delete

Please add delete button back to mail preview on my.yahoo.com. it is more convenient than having to go to Yahoo mail to delet

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. how do I close addressbook sidebar

Idea: make it easier to close the sidebar when you are typing an email. i am typing and cannot see button to paste link

1657th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. field separator lines

WHY is the "Delete" button all the way on the far right???

Keep it handy closer to the other message buttons. It's annoying to have to move that far for something that in the earlier verison of Yahoo was right in line with the other options and checkboxes.

1147th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ads inside the inbox

I have to sift through lots of emails and highlight and delete the spam. I really hate that in the middle of all of my email there is an ad that i am accidentally clicking on. Please remove these ads from the inbox, or allow me to return to the old format.

858th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. groups

Why is it so hard to get to groups. All I want in groups and it takes about 5 clicks to get there. Why can't I go directly?

2261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. please go directly to selected inbox email not to that new, confusing list of sent & received messages

eliminate the intermediate list; just go directly to the selected email.
    PLEASe put the sign-out button back in the empty space atop the page, not in a drop-down.

2261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. please remove advertisement running on left side as it slows the mail reading

This advertisement on left side reduces mail reading screen and also slows the computers

704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please make the "mark as read" and the "delete" buttons side by side again.

Please make the "mark as read" and the "delete" buttons side by side again.

137th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move Up after Delete, not Down

When I have several unread emails I start at the oldest one and work my way up to the newest. After reading some emails I then delete them. I would like to be moved to the unread one above the delete, not the previously read below. This could be an Option: "After Delete, move to Newer, or Previous"

2261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ARCHIVE BUCKET

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PUT THE ARCHIVE BUCKET ON THE FAR LEFT, BEFORE THE DELETE BUCKET ICON....????
    Why not move the archive icon to the far right of the line because most people DO NOT ARCHIVE an email as a first option - they delete or move it THEN they MIGHT consider archiving it.
    MOVE-THE-ARCHIVE-BUCKET-ICON-please......!!!!

1343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why is scrolling through my history now take forever? It was much better and faster on the old version that you forced me away from.

Scrolling through emails now is extremely slow, it was quicker with the old layout. Make scrolling much much quicker!

1343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Nooooo advertises please

Annoying irritating advertisement is the reason people are opting Gmail.

151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. navigation panel

1. The (left-sided) Navigation Panel top section should have the option to hide folders like ' Archived', ' Starred', 'Unread', or the one not in regular use.

2. The 'Views' section should remain collapsed by default.

674th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. option to turn off email snippets inline with the subject

option to turn off email snippets inline with the subject. snippets are confusing the subject line and usually don't make sense.

1343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. disposition icons

You moved the disposition icons ( archive, move, delete, spam, [more]) to closer to the center of the field. But they're still in different positions when I have an email open from when I don't. Please be consistent. One of the original goals of Windows was to make the user interface consistent and intuitive. Just because you think you're gonna maintain market share by concentrating on your smartphone interface doesn't mean you should give up solid principles. Make them consistent.

2261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base