Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be nice if the charts resized vertically to use up the blank space at the bottom of the page.

Charts are generally similar, the added indicators are nice however it would be nice if the chart scale does not adjust to use the blank space(and thereby clarify the bars) at the bottom. Instead of a static size the scale should be adjusted relative to the screen and not allot as much space to the buttons and tabs etc. at the bottom of the page.

22nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase chart & line sizes, additional charting tools, etc

Few things need improvement:
    1. Ability to increase the size of the chart area
    2. Line size (light, medium, heavy line thickness) (for SMA 50,100, 200 etc) increase/decrease feature
    3. When you are not hovering on the chart, there is no way each SMA value represents from the right side axis (since most of the times SMA interval values overlap each other and it is difficult to figure out which is which)
    4. No charting tools (like trend line, parallel channel, level line etc) available
    5. Increase/decrease for the day from the portfolio on the right need change in thickness

33rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be perfect if 5 days chart has a line of price previous day closing (- - - - - - - ) Thanks

It would be perfect if 5 days chart has a line of price previous day closing (- - - - - - - )

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. after showing chart, make it easy to return to portfolio

after showing chart, make it easy to return to portfolio

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to see the events, namely earning report date, on the chart. When I go to settings and turn 'events' on, nothing changes. Fix it.

Chart events not showing up. Earnings is the single most important chart marker to have. How a stock performs on a chart is largely driven by past or upcoming earnings. Why is this marker not able to be added when all of the useless technical fluff indicators are?

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. watchlist is so small now ... and cut off by massive ad bar at the bottom ... please fix

watchlist is so small font now ... and cut off by massive ad bar at the bottom ... please fix

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. the new charts are great but i would still like to see the earning's and dividend dates on the chart. otherwise a real improvement.

the new charts are great but i would still like to see the earning's and dividend dates on the chart. otherwise a real improvement.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. < Back

To the left side of the purple Yahoo! Finance title header is the < Back button. Click on it and I get the summary page; not back. I was never on the summary page, so this button doesn't take you "back". re lable it 'go to summary', or fix it so I actually go 'back'.
    ie. I arrived at this new chart from my portfolio summary view. I clicked on the day chart in my portfolio summary view and came forward to this new chart. So clicking a back button should take me back to my portfolio summary view, not…

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Interactive chart setting - current default setting it 'Max', this is very slow. The setting should be optional, or default to a 'weekly'.

Please give us an option for the interactive default setting. 'Max' is irrelevant to some people and takes a long time to load. A 'weekly' default setting on the interactive setting would be nice.

128th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. when you click on the right-hand side Watchlist symbols, It doesn’t stay on the Chart screen

Now, you have enclosed the "watchlist" next to the chart. Thank you for listening our request. However, it always return to the TOP of the "watchlist" when you click on the other symbol which located the bottom of the "watchlist". It just doesn't stay the screen you wanted to view.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. need average volume line

average volume line superimposed over the volume tics was handy

48th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The start/end of a trading day is hard to find in intra-day and five day chart

Should draw a vertical line in the chart with different color or thickness.

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. how come I can't go back further than about 1 year on the charts? Worthless. I changed dates and hit 5 year and max and still the same 1 yea

Why do none of the charts go back more than a year? I hit 2 year, 5 year, ect... and still gives me one year chart. I even applied the dates starting points. Worthless. Why can't you guys just leave things alone. Everytime you change something it's for the worse...

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ability to edit watchlist from Charts

Could you please allow editing to the watchlist in chart view like before... so I can add/remove tickers and drag them to rearrange order

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. why are monthly charts set to end on 20th of each month? Change to actual month end date.

On monthly chart, set end of month date on actual end date of each month instead of the 20th of each month.

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Yahoo Finance chart - Date range and RSI do not work!

Date range and RSI do not work

Can't get desired date range on chart even after clicking dates on calendar and clicking "Apply" button. Also, RSI reading does not work, gives same reading throughout length of chart.

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would like Portfolio Performance Chart enabling a continuous monitoring through time

It would be very useful for a Portfolio Performance chart enabling a continuous monitoring through time....

72nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Percentages of gain/loss are incorrect. They were 10 times the actual number

percentages for gain/loss were incorrect. They were ten times higher than they should have been

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Loading interactive chart... but no chart is to be seen...

Loading interactive chart... but no chart is to be seen...

107th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base