Skip to content

Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Charts Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

If you are experiencing issues with our charts, we recommend trying the following steps before reaching out to us:
  1. Refresh: Reload the page to see if the issue resolves itself.
  2. Browser Troubleshooting: Check our browser troubleshooting guide for tips on resolving common browser-related issues.
If the problem persists after trying the above steps, please don’t hesitate to submit feedback and we will get on it.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

989 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice if the charts resized vertically to use up the blank space at the bottom of the page.

Charts are generally similar, the added indicators are nice however it would be nice if the chart scale does not adjust to use the blank space(and thereby clarify the bars) at the bottom. Instead of a static size the scale should be adjusted relative to the screen and not allot as much space to the buttons and tabs etc. at the bottom of the page.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Go back to the old charts

Developers. I have one question for you. Are you doing it intendent to create chaos at stock market? Compare result yesterday and today and you'll see how many harm you did. No thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Don't like Beta charts want to go back.

How do I get back to normal charts? I tried the Beta and don't like it. Yahoo had great charts because they were clean and easy on the eye. Your charts were awesome. Please tell me immediately how to get out of Beta. Thanks!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. You started destroying good charts... Sadly...

"Add to watchlist" appeared in place " Quote Lookup" So if you have 3-4 charts on the screen you can't see more imported "Quote Lookup" without adjustment. Guys, STOP "innovating" charts!!! Let us work calmly !!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. black background

Black Background is needed. Save our vision!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. setting up moving average lines is not straightforward and stock list symbols display "default" chart

When I choose a symbol from my list, I get a "default" chart. Not a chart with the indicators I set up. I now have to type in every symbol to get the chart I want.

It's not at all obvious how to add two moving average lines. I finally figured it out but it wasn't at all straightforward.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide a clear method to "un-do" sign up for beta charting.

I made a big mistake in signing up for beta chart view. Now, when in full-screen view, I can get it to do anything. Why is there no easy and cost-free way to get out of my beta sign-up.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new chart is inferior to the old chart. Consider bringing it back.

Can't get rid of recent quotes on left of chart. Lines are not bold enough. Prefer comparison quotes on top. Many times comparisons are the same color so you have to go and change the colors. Can't change the color of the main stock you are trying to compare it to. I prefer the main stock to be red. Not as intuitive as the old Chart platform.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Charts

Colors inside of Bollinger bands is distracting
    No adds
    Larger graph
    Put theother markets in current time at top
    Old version looked cleaner and crisper
    You could save yourself the bad comments and just return the graphs to the way they were.
    There does not seem to be any imporvments, just things that do not work as well.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Settings not cached in browser

When a new chart is opened in a new window or tab, all the indicators disappear and one must reestablish their favorite moving averages oscilators etc....have you guys beta tested this? So far I prefer the old charts by a magnitude of 100.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New Chart problem

The new chart seems to have lot of problems. I remember this was enabled some time back but due to various issues, the it was reverted back to old chart. Now the new chart is back again but it seems that the issues still prevail. On the full screen chart window, if I click on any of my tickers, it leads me to detailed page. Then I have to click on the chart page again and then go full screen. In old chart, it simply changed the chart plotted on the screen. It was so easy and convenient!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I dont like the new interactive chart set up.Please go back to old chart.

I dont like the new interactive chart set up.Please go back to old chart,pre may 2022

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please stop losing my moving averages

After setting up moving averages, sometimes they display, and sometimes they get lost. (Full screen interactive chart.)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The charts are lacking the horizontal line indicating the previous day's closing value - this feature was present in the old version of the

The charts are lacking the horizontal line indicating the previous day's closing value - this feature was present in the old version of the charts. This is a vital feature - I can't believe you removed it. As with most of the problems with the new format, this problem can be solved simply by reverting to the old format.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Full screen charts - Comparisons and Indicators

After selecting the Comparisons and Indicators that you want to use in the full screen charts, you used to set cookies to save them between stock screens and between browser sessions. I have tries this in FireFox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge. FireFox is the only one that saves these selections. And that has limited value since you can't print the charts from FileFox. Really REALLY disappointed in your testing. I worked 20 years as a developer, and I would never NEVER release something without testing it on every browser I could think of. Some people are just too lazy…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Too Many Clicks!!!

I chart with 9 SMA and 9 EMA moving averages. In the old interface this required 1 click to open the indicator section, 16 clicks to add additional fields in both sections, and then type/TAB through to enter my moving averages. The new system requires 18 clicks to open the indicators box, 18 clicks to select my desired indicators (9 each SMA and EMA), 18 clicks to place the cursor and replace the average figure, 18 clicks to open the color change selector, 18 clicks to choose a color, and 18 clicks to save the changes.

So.... the "improved" interface…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Basic chart becomes too compressed when indicators are added. This makes the basic chart virturally useless. Advertising should be put on th

Basic chart becomes too compressed when indicators are added. This makes the basic chart virtually useless. Advertising should be put on the side rather than underneath the chart. Currently it takes almost 25% of the vertical space causing the basic chart's compression.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Charts could be good but they have a big banner at the bottom of the page which causes chart view to be too small

So now I have given the new charts a quick try. I quit using Yahoo because they messed them up so bad. Now the charts could be good but the way I see it they have a big banner at the bottom of the page which causes the chart view to be too small. I am sticking with Tradingview.com for charts. Way better and all you do is type the Call letters and boom there is the chart. With Yahoo you have to go to the Quote area click on that then input the Call letters and WAIT - then…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please include a Heikin Ashi Candlesticks Option

Please include Heikin Ashi candlesticks as a display option for charts. They are a very good way of making trends clearer, and helping a trader to decide when to stay in or get out. See https://www.investopedia.com/trading/heikin-ashi-better-candlestick/

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base