Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. before the open, stocks and ETF(N) charts were available

You used to display charts before the open, you no longer seem to do this. I would like to see this functionality reinstated. Now I get chart is not available.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For a watchlist I set up have a chart button showing all of the stocks from watchlist in one chart?

So when looking at fullsize chart and the watchlist on the right of chart. I would like to add a button that would grab all of my stocks in that watchlist and display them in a fullsize chart

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When charting and adding lines, it would be very useful to have an option for add "horizontal line" or "Vertical line.

When charting and adding lines, it would be very useful to have an option for add "horizontal line" or "Vertical line. It is hard to draw either with a "mouse". All theat would be needed would place the line on the chart to show ,for example, support or resistance.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. dashboard

Yahoo Finance needs a real personal dashboard.
    - small charts of watchlist items, perhaps 9/page, with easy switch to change date range for all at the same time.
    - simple widget for backtesting
    - mobile and desktop friendly (responsive)
    - simple way to set price alerts
    - add more cryptocurrencies to chart options and better history data for ethereum
    I would use Yahoo every day if you could provide a decent visual chart-based dashboard.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When charting, we should be given the option to view the graph with all dividends reinvested! Otherwise, comparison graphs aren't as useful.

Add option to show graphs with "all dividends reinvested", which is how most investors set up their accounts, and which makes comparison graphs more apples-to-apples.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Great charts -- Please add "Recently" categrory for Indicators

Hello Yahoo. Great charts. Thx.

As in Fidelity Active Trader Pro -- please add a "recent" category so when you pull up a chart it lists the ones you normally like to display so you don't have to type them in and search and set parameters every time. That'd be a big help. Apprec! Dave

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. total return

In addition to price change (which is the standard view), I would love to see the ability to look at total return. This is really valuable when comparing different stocks, as dividends are an important element of the return for shareholders.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I like it a lot, but can I share it without giving away my identity?

Allow me to share without giving away my identity

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. set arbitrary value for chart percentage

Love the new charts!!! Please add ability for user to set an arbitrary value for the full scale percentage value. For example, if I set it to 15% then the charts are consistent whether I'm looking at 1 day, 5 days, or more. If I'm looking at 1 day for example, and the max percentage swing is a couple of percent, then it looks like wild activity, when it's actually not!! Thanks!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PUT market indexes up top

WHen viewing the large chart and my watch list the NSADAQ, S&P and DOW tickers are no longer visible. THerefore I have to switch views all the time to see how my watch list is reacting to the market.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Missing are direct links to jump to the basic view of the companies on the chart.

Not really a "new" feature. Just an old one thoughtlessly taken away:
    Add direct links to jump to the basic view of the companies on the chart.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. option for gridline would be nice with selection of period

nice if grid lines were an option or at least between years rather than simply the shading.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Duplicate a Portfolio - function enhancement request

I'd like to request for a function enhancement that we can duplicate our existing portfolio and rename it a new name. This way I can split my portfolio into sub-portfolios as it develops. Thank you.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MACD Divergence

Bless your hearts for restoring the classic charts while continuing to work on improving beta charts. The beta chart doesn't include a digital readout for the MACD Divergence indicator. Would you be kind enough to include it in front of the MACD and Signal indicators, like the classic chart? Thanks in advance for all your hard work.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the Draw function easier to edit after you have drawn a line, text, etc and need to come back to it.

I had trouble editing text, arrows, and colors of the lines. A button that you can get to a mouse arrow that can select objects you have drawn, and also can double click to edit them would help.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dividend Data on chart

Identify on dividends the date of record and date payable in addition to the amount and the date.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make the y-axis wider for more contrast

make the y-axis wider for more contrast

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The charts are lacking the horizontal line indicating the previous day's closing value - this feature was present in the old version of the

The charts are lacking the horizontal line indicating the previous day's closing value - this feature was present in the old version of the charts. This is a vital feature - I can't believe you removed it. As with most of the problems with the new format, this problem can be solved simply by reverting to the old format.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need ANNUAL change pctg

The "total change pctg" applies to the entire period for which a security is owned. You need a column for the ANNUAL change.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When one month range is selected, there is just one data point per day, giving the chart scarce information.

When one-month range is selected, there is just one data point per day, rendering the chart rather useless. There should be one data point per hour, at least, so one could see the real fluctuations within the month. Same thing for 3-months, 6-months, etc.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base