Please use this forum to make improvement suggestions for Yahoo Maps.

THIS IS STUPID!!!!! The map will NOT detect my location properly, and won't let me set the location manually!!!!!! THIS IS COW KAKA!!!!!+

Make it so that we can set the friggin location manually!!!! Or, delete your stupid maps altogether!!! And, your weather channel!!! This is frustrating!

10th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears whenever Microsoft gets involved somehow a good software turns into something useless, see FoxPro

• James O'SteenJames O'Steen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It IS frustrating when the same screen keeps telling you that you live in " Atlanta, Georgia, United States", and won't let you change it.

I totally agree. The auto detection DOES NOT work. Incorrect location and can't move mark manualy

• Kelly RusinackKelly Rusinack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, also. It has my location so far away from my actual location, I have no idea where it is! Somewhere about 50 miles away. And yeah, when I go to my actual home address, there's no option to right click and tell it THIS is my location, you idiots. I wanted to see if Yahoo had a more current map of our area than Google because we live in a rural area and they use the USDA's rural aerial maps. So does Yahoo. Oh well.

I totally agree. The auto detection DOES NOT work. Let me tell it where I am. Or at least allow me to override the auto-detect. It's not just this Map program, it seems to be anything Yahoo.

Also let me enter am interstate intersection as a trip point.

Yup, I'm officially given up on Yahoo! maps. The company I work for shunts all web traffic through its corporate office in one city. Everyone else in the company all over the US has this issue, as far as Yahoo is concerned we're all from Virginia. Or, if that route is down, we're from northern Florida.

Just a simple switch, "Use geo-tagging?" (enabled/disabled)

If disabled, set default location.

Sheesh.

The maps do not work, for douglasville ga. Google maps is much better! WHAT IS WRONG WITH U PEOPLE OF YAHOO

I quit after 30 minutes and am deleting all Yahoo favorites. It is pretty ridiculous that you can't manually add your location. One more reason Google is kicking Yahoo's ***.

• ricardo gutierrezricardo gutierrez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the images are soooo blurry that I cant see anything why offer a service when you are gonna deliver a ridiculous service this is kakakakakaka.

Feedback and Knowledge Base