Skip to content

Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

111 results found

1. 372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make text for print option selection BIGGER

where you have the options to print an email, the text size is EXTREMELY small!!!

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The version of Yahoo Mail you have me on I HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!! Did not request this.

The version of Yahoo Mail you have me on I HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!! Did not request this.

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can't believe how screwed up this "new" email is. I can't believe I have to look for another one

This new email SUCKS. The link in my email signature looks like ****. Now I'm going to have to find another email. WHY DID YOU CHANGE OUR EMAILS?????? THIS SUCKS!!!! DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY PROBLEMS YOU HAVE CAUSED?????? CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU TRIED THIS BEFORE & IT DIDN'T WORK - WHY CHANGE IT AGAIN????

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why have you changed the version of Yahoo?? It is difficult to read or to forward..Why do you keep making it more difficult to stay with Ya

Are you trying to lose business or followers?? What did you do with the old version of Yahoo...This one is archaic... Give back the old version and leave it alone..If it's not broken...please don't try to fix it!!!

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. What happened to endless scrolling of mails?

I used to be able to go through my email by simply scrolling up/down with my mouse wheel. Now I get a single page of emails with << >> to go to next page. This is a waste of time. Since this was already the method of operating exactly what problem did it fix? In looking at a lot of the comments yahoo appears to be messing up mail big time. If you're looking for ways to improve the 'user experience' why don't you pay attention to the comments?

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Your new email layout STINKS; change it BACK. RECALL that I PAY YOU, so change it back just like ALL your other PAYING customers want too!!

Your new email layout STINKS; change it BACK. RECALL that I PAY YOU, so change it back just like ALL your other PAYING customers want too!!

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enlarge the print and check boxes and quit sending us back to inbox after deleting a message

Your print is too small. Every time I delete a message that I have read I am sent to the inbox. Really frustrating. Delete button and other buttons are too hard to read and find. Take back to the way it used to be or give us the option to do so.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I hate the new feature it makes going through my mail slower because i have to open each one to see what it is abought bad move i hate it

stop changing my mail I liked it the way it was now I have to open each email to see what it is abought makes things much slower for me I hate this new feature change it back

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Leave **** alone!

Leave **** alone!

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix the advanced options button so i can switch out of basic version. The save button doesnt work

Fix the advanced options button so i can switch out of basic version. The save button doesnt work.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I don't want the new ********. I want my older, classic e-mail.

Bring back the older, better, classic setup. And stop changing anything. You don't need to look like Outlook/Hotmail or even Gmail. That is what I see yahoo doing, copying other e-mail, and they need to stop, and stay unique. I don't want to look at one e-mail and forget what I am looking at. This new stuff, and hitting shift-k to mark messages as read is utter ********.

61st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make deleting messages from a specific sender easier.

Please make deleting messages from a specific sender easier. Something like Micro***t mails "sweep" feature. Sorting, searching, then clicking box after box to select messages to delete takes forever. Cant I just select one message then have an option to "select all from sender" then delete? With the sorting option it allows me to group messages by sender by I still have to deal with clicking every single message one by one so I select the messages from the one sender. Its time consuming. Please make it easier

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SAVED E-MAILS IN FOLDERS

HERE IS A GREAT SUGGESTION FOR YOU. I HAVE HUNDREDS OF E-MAILS SAVED IN MY FOLDERS. THEY ARE SAVED BY THE PERSON WHO SENT THE E-MAIL. IF YOU COULD FIND A WAY TO SAVE E-MAILS WITH A NOTE OR SOME IDENTIFYING INFO WHEN YOU SAVE IT TO A FOLDER IT WOULD SO MUCH EASIER TO REVIEW ALL THOSE SAVED E-MAILS IN THE SAME FOLDER !!! FOR EXAMPLE, I SAVED THOUSANDS OF E-MAILS IN A PURCHASES FOLDER. BUT I DO NOT KNOW ANY INFO ABOUT THE E-MAIL OR WHERE TO FIND A PARTICULAR PURCHASE. FIND A WAY DO ADD AN IDENTIFYING…

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Apply Yahoo SPAM filter BEFORE my custom filter.

As of the last week of 2018, my yahoo SPAM is exploding.
    I have several custom filters that catch spammers and they dump to my custom "_SPAM" folder. Then I select all those emails and click "report as spam". However, the process is never ending. My filter is catching spammers BEFORE the Yahoo spam filter!

Please apply the Yahoo SPAM filter BEFORE delivering mail to my custom filters. Else, I can never stop my custom "_SPAM" folder from filling up.

Thanks for Yahoo Mail!

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Yahoo just changed me to a lousy, old-fashioned, crummy email system. Give back to me what I had.

Yahoo just changed me to a lousy, old-fashioned, crummy email system. Give back to me what I had.

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You need to show us how to delete our account, since your new "privacy" terms are terrible.

Your claim of protecting our privacy is a fraud. We should have an easy way to delete our account, and all of our email history, without having to fly to New York for "arbitration".

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OMG!!!!!!! This stupid BASIC MAIL is just so not user friendly, I want how it used to be before this stupid Basic Mail!!!!

OMG!!!!!!! This stupid BASIC MAIL is just so not user friendly, I want how it used to be before this stupid Basic Mail!!!!

70th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello again,dear Yahoo! Do you so kind to disable Yahoo Account Key?

This new type of Account Key is not helping me.I wish to use my old type of account with password. I tried to disable the Yahoo Account Key but you don`t let me this option. I see a lot of Yahoo costumers complaining about this Account Key and you continue with this.How do you help us? Annoying you? In my case,I expect the return to the old formula. Thank you!

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base