Skip to content

Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

111 results found

1. Stop switching me to the new version without my permission

Do not automatically change my old version to the new version. And do not change it after I have switched it back to the old version over 40 times. Also, your details on how to keep my old version from switching to the new version are not effective. I do not have the drop down menu items that you say that I need to have in order to make the old version permanent.

70th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If you would just go back to the old colors and letter styles, maybe the new version would be okay!

If you would just go back to the old colors and letter style then the new version might be acceptable to us! The new colors are hard to pick up and tend to look like neon colors which takes longer to use. It all blends together.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This yet another change for change's sake email "upgrade" SUCKS!! Switch back to the the old one. Why do you keep jacking with us?

Stop switching me from classic mail to that ****** new version without my approval!!!!! It's not just annoying, but a pain in the butt to switck it back. This seems to be happening almost daily now. JUST CUT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!
    This new version SUCKS. Yet again!!!

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. New Version

How come this new version of Yahoo! mail was just thrust upon me. Many of the features I like on the older version do not exist anymore. Any time I try and click on the link that says 'go to old version', it doesn't go back to the old version. Is it possible to either go back to the old version or bring back some of the missing features?

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why you force me to chose the new version of yahoo? I like the older version and keep it that way!

Why you force me to chose the new version of yahoo? I like the older version and keep it that way! Every time when I open yahoo mail ,it is open with new version ,but I selected that I want to stay on old version.Is frustrating and I thinking to move to gmail.I 'm a very old user of Yahoo ,but now it is rude from you to change back ,every time that I opened the mail to the new version.It is not that clear that I want old version?Why you changed back to the new if I changed to…

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IF IT'S NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM 54 ******* YEARS OLD, I AM NOT A ******* KID! IF I SWITCH MY SETTINGS TO USE THE OLD VERSION OF YAHOO, LEAVE IT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE LAST ************* TIME, STOP SWITCHING ME AWAY FROM MY OLD YAHOO VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop changing or upgrading the old version of yahoo mail!

The layout of the new version is harder to read with everything being white. It's harder to tell which emails have been read or not because they all look bolded now. The settings or "options dropdown" looks tacky and old-school like yahoo is taking major steps back in their technology skills. Switch back to the old version of Yahoo Mail!!

963rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have two yahoo email addresses....

I used to be able to hover the mouse over my name, and both my email addresses would display; then I could click on the one, and switch from one to the other. Now I have to sign out, and then go to the sign-in page, choose which address I want, and go from there. Very unhandy!!

I also do not like having to click "go" after choosing from the "option" menu. I chose that option because I Want to go there!

You people should be ashamed of yourselves, taking a perfectly satisfactory email system and making it useless and…

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. None of available email versions allows one to control the text used in the inbox!

Your web programmers are incompetent. Your newer versions in no way improve features or experience. I need an inbox that makes work flow easier.

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. What happened to the block address feature? You were able to simultaneously delete inbox email as well all future emails from the sender.

What happened to the block address feature? You were able to simultaneously delete inbox email as well all future emails from the sender.

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. What happened to the filter option?

What happened to the filter option?

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PLeae give me back my OLD wonderful, easy-to-use format !!! I did NOT ask for this change, nor did I want it !!

PLEASE give me back my old format ; it was wonderful, easy-to-use and perfectly fine for my use. I did NOT ask for this change, nor did I want it !!

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I utterly and completely loathe the newer version of Yahoo Mail and you really need to stop changing my format away from basic.

The basic mail is fine. What I need is for you to STOP switching me to the new version. I hate it, it attempts to allow endless ad servers to add themselves to whitelists. Unfortunately for you I use firefox because I know how to set up the configuration to block whitelist downloads...and I know how to use my hosts files to block specific webpages in a way that will have their computers pinging themselves instead of me, if I don't just choose to decide to bounce them instead.

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How can I se the old version to stay there and not have the new version pop up every time I log on???????

Give us a way to save the old version as our choices are not being honored. Ever time I log on, the new basic pops up. I don't want the new version of Basis. I want the old version to be there when I log on.

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. DO NOT CHANGE THE FORMAT. YOU STUPID PEOPLE DO NOT CARE NOR DO YOU LISTEN TO YOUR USERS.

DO NOT CHANGE THE FORMAT. YOU STUPID PEOPLE DO NOT CARE NOR DO YOU LISTEN TO YOUR USERS.

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If I want a newer verson of Yahoo I would download it so please leave my account alone!

allow people to choose what they want and leave my account alone

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Want/DEMAND old version back. CANNOT attach anything to send out.

WANT/DEMAND old version back. CANNOT attach anything to send out. My list of friends emails doesn't even show up.

373rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 373rd ranked

We're glad you're here