My Yahoo

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What have you done to the news format

I started reading the news this morning as I alway do and discovered that when I read an article the links surrounding the article are not news, in fact it's total rubbish, the only way I can read more news is to push the back button on my browser...who is making the format for the news? Seriously it's is getting harder to use the yahoo site.
    Why group rubbish articles with serious news and have not links back to the news, it just makes no sense what so ever.
    Bring back the old format we had a few years ago,…

43rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get Rid of those Offensive, Ugly Dr. OZ ads with the moving body parts. They are so distracting and offensive.

Get rid of the offensive Dr. Oz Ads which are ugly, distracting and offensive or at least put them at the bottom of the page so we do not have to see them.

22nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please stop the annoying adds containing distracting video.

Please stop the annoying adds containing video that is so distracting that I am unable to use my yahoo website. The current Dr. Oz adds are so annoying that I would not use any product from that source. The constant repeating is not necessary!

19th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. News Articles

Stop posting news from sources, allowing only paying subscribers to read the full article.

Your giving them free advertising, frustrating to read.

72nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove automatic detection of the location of the weather. It fails to detect. The weather does remember other cities entered. Go back to

remove the auto detect for weather location. It fails every time. Allow the user to select a default from their weather list. If the user does not know where they are, then they can use there energy to find out and that would be well for them. Lots of people actually know where they are these days.

38th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop Trying to Push Yahoo's Political Views on to Readers

The articles from Huffington Post and Salon are highly offensive to those who do not agree with Yahoo!'s liberal viewpoints. Please either provide an equal number of articles of differing viewpoints or take a neutral position. Stop trying to accelerate the decay of our society.

I am about fed up enough to cancel my Yahoo! account and stop visiting your site. I am quite sure that I am not alone!!!

14th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  103 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 32nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Synch Sports and other Times to User set Time Zone

You always list sporting event times as East Coast. How about letting the user set what Time Zone they are displayed in? Oh and bring back the clock on my Homepage.

84th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. where do you get off changing my search engine every time I start a browser? You guys have lost it.

So along with all the rest of the idiotic changes you have made in the last year and a bit, now you just reset my search engine every time? I don't think I can stick with this one. I can't get you out of the menu-bar, and i can't get you to stop changing my search engine. You guys don't understand the internet, do you?

37th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it possible to contact someone when all else fails. Help is no help

When help is not help, and does not address the issue, there needs to be a way to contact Yahoo for help. This feedback does not work.
    My iPad is showing a different, incorrect, and impossible to edit home page on my.yahoo. Got it fixed on iPhone & iMac after I was forced to make a password change. The iPad does not recognize my new password

41st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 57th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Yahoo News Content

Please provide some balance with your selection of news feeds - very biased in commentary and number of feeds toward liberal sources.

50th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I am really frustrated with clicking on a topic link and finding stories about everything except that topic.

If you have a section call business or sports or entertainment, there should not be a bunch of stories about everything except the topic I clicked on. By the way, what do stories about Jihad John, Hippo Ancestry or even a dumb camera person too close to a batting cage have to do with business? Regretfully, this is the case with most of the links you provide.

67th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I can't manually update My Portfolio

Just starting this morning (23 April 2015) I can no longer use the reload button in the app to update it. I miss how it used to automatically update throughout the day, but now I can't even manually update it. I have to reload the entire page , which is a hassle.

111th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Portfolio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. bring back the option of colors for the items we have on our home page, your "themes" are a lot to be disired

hate using the black background cover, but can't change it, and not impressed with your themes!

82nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Theme and background color  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 95th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep calendar on the homepage

Quit linking me to what should be just a calendar. I don't want to open another page just to see what day of the week it is or when the end of the month is. I want a calendar on my homepage that I can look at with a glance.

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please, less content from Huffington Post and Salon on home page.

Give us the option of choosing from which "news" sources we see on our home page.

98th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. That incredibly annoying, retrograde ad is the final straw. I will stop using MyYahoo as my home page.

Seriously, have we stepped back in time to when webpages were filled with blinking, strobing, annoying attention grabbers. This is simply childish, cartoonish web design.

88th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please stop the biased news reporting it is getting ridiculous

Please stop the biased news reporting it is getting ridiculous

115th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base