How can we improve Yahoo Entertainment

Bring back the favorite theater feature. This used to be a good feature, but now showtimes are useless. Might as well remove the ********

Bring back the favorite theater feature. This used to be a good feature, but now showtimes are useless. Might as well remove the ******** feature.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bob Bennett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ernie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's important to distinguish between two settings, the location setting, which can be done either by zip code or by the detection method where you permit location detection through your browser, and setting theater favorites.

The first problem has a solution, which doesn't always work, but at least there is something you can do, and when the location is corrected sometimes the list of theater favorites will appear as it should with all the correct theaters you chose.

But if the second problem persists even with the correct location showing, so that favorite theaters either are not listed, or the list is incorrect or incomplete, all you can do is refresh the browser repeatedly, and sometimes the list will not correct no matter what. Now you're in trouble, because there is no means presently to choose favorites over again, as no buttons appear to select favorites. So when you're instructed that you have no favorite theaters chosen and to "Start Here" it takes you to a page which at one time had buttons next to the theaters listed for you to select favorite, but now the current version of that page no longer has any buttons to set! Obviously telling people to follow procedures that lead nowhere constitutes a form of neglect, particularly since I've seen no acknowledgement that a problem exists and a solution is being worked on. This is intolerable. It must be addressed, and communication improved, unless you want the inference of total apathy I've drawn to be reinforced.

Has Yahoo found the perfect method to get rid of old users? Not yet, I'm still here. What I know is:

1) It looks like Yahoo will respond to the location problem with the same robo-reply about zip codes forever. This isn't a mistake. Mistakes can be corrected. It's something else, complete apathy. How many ways can we be told how little we matter? We are worth a robo-reply and if we complain we get another robo-reply or none. Get it? I do. So why am I here? I guess it's just inertia.

2) Amazon has good customer service because you are the customer. Yahoo has execrable service because you're NOT the customer, you're the product. Does Hormel respond when its pigs squeal? I expect not, or maybe it tells them to reset the zip code 1,743 times.

• H .... commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Product Support,

If you have to read an article to figure out how to do something on a webpage, it is too complex.

Where do I set theaters? There used to be a button to set a theater as a favorite, now it can't be found on the page where it was. Please provide a means of setting theater favorites. I have my favorites chosen but they keep disappearing, and when they come back one is missing, and I have no way to restore it. Sometimes the whole list will appear, other times one or more is missing, and yet other times my theater module say I have no favorites, I need to choose them, which I can't do since there's nothing on the page to set.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is not a location to be found to change location or zip codes. All I get is Calif. I live in Texas!

I call BS. I have, several times, looked ALL OVER the page for somewhere, anywhere, I can change the location. To no avail. So, guess I'll look for another way to find showtimes for movies. Thanks, Yahoo.

BS - that doesn't change the default location. I do not want my default location to be Northern California!!!!!!!

• Larry M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have trouble with this new page. I can go in and set me zip code. But it will not change. I can not see times for theaters I go to. I get a list from all over the city.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo, ARE you not listening? The showtimes thingie doesn't work. I can't change the location and sometimes cant even get the Sunnyville California location. The fixes you told us about don't work. Fandango works fine.

• Bruce P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I quit using this site for movies and am using a competitor that allows me to set my favorite movie theaters.

After reading the comments, I too will start useing Fandango as I am not able to place my favorite theater on my homepage!

I have to agree, I want to go to My Favorites and see just the movies in each theater and the show times. I want to print it and carry a hard copy for that day.

• Stephen Jenks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you take a good feature that regularly takes me to Yahoo and make it into a feature that reinforces the idea that Yahoo can't even get simple stuff right?

Favorite Theaters NEEDS to come back immediately, but also the Nearby function also needs to be restored. Zip Codes are ignored within San Francisco - what sense does that make?

• NeoRocket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I am done with yahoo Movies page. It has completed its 6 year arc to complete non functionality. I don't need any patronizing suggestions on "how to set this or find that". I could do all that on 06 without a single instruction easily and quickly on simple intuition. Maybe I will look back in in a few months and tYahoo will have returned to the highly readable and informative page it was back in 06 when you could click current trailers and it arranged them automatically in a column then played all if you wanted in order! I MISS those days. One click took you to writing your own review and reading others and then one more click took you too ALL the current reviews all laid out in a grid of the major movie reviewers in all major newspapers. I don't know what yahoo has against functionality but they must HATE it. Seriously I am now completely DONE with Yahoo movies as this page is completely useless. I will use Harkins and Moviefone and the others. I used to go to them after Yahoo as Yahoo was the best in 05 or 06. Well Yahoo has something against being the best so much as they are no longer a 10th choice. Yahoo Movies is a no choice.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base