I logged into two accounts on the genuine bona fide Yahoo app when I received my Android tablet. So I know they were set up at the same time. Suddenly one says it wants validation. So I touched the red exclamation mark, went through all the steps, now I’m logged in reading headlines about The Kardashians (yay for me - sarcasm). Still I have the red exclamation mark, even after exiting the app and going back in. What is going on? I did this six times, finally gave up, and re-added the account.
Note that I cannot delete the defunct account as it never even appeared in the list of accounts. The same with my gmail account it added to my yahoo app without my permission. I don’t want it there as the free gmail app is far superior, sorts mail into promotion folder, and they provide proper support. I tried the yahoo “live chat” but I only got a bot who only had wrong answers, and they want me to pay a subscription to talk to a human, using a 1800 number I can’t even call from my country. It was going on about deleting bulk emails, and removing brokerage accounts from my Yahoo finance. I rephrased my question so many times. Incidentally if I pay I get a promotions folder.
So, my feedback summarised:
1) Account validation should work first time.
2) Chat bot should actually be helpful and if they can’t, they should connect you to a human free of charge. It’s not live chat if it’s not sentient.
3) Should not add email accounts without your permission. I don’t care if it’s the primary account set up on my device.
4) all accounts loaded should appear on the list of accounts.
5) basic account features should be free.