Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

Racism

Has anyone ever considered not featuring stories about racism every single hour of every single day? I've been getting my news from Yahoo for a long time now (maybe that's the problem) and I can't remember 1 single day where there wasn't a FEATURED story about racism in the news. I get it. These things unfortunately happen from time to time, but it feels like a lot of the time there are bigger things going on in the world that should take precedent or the story wasn't racist at all and you guys are trying to spin it so it is. I probably don't speak for every single one of your readers, but I feel I speak for most of them when I say we are sick and tired of hearing about race. It happened, we will never forget this country's past. It was a rough and bloody one at that, but I think most people are trying their best to move on and with the media constantly pushing our faces in it and spinning every single thing that happens into race and, really, trying to make each reader pick a side, you are essentially dividing people and allowing it to define our country. This probably won't go to anyone important or make any difference, but thanks for at least giving me an outlet to voice my opinion I guess...

69th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Diane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, look at that: yahoo decided to turn a word that means "lollipop" into a bunch of asterisks in my previous comment. Who can ever predict what yahoo will or will not censor in a comment? It's only comments that go against their agenda that get such treatment.

• Jasmine Smth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just because something happens between a white person and a black doesn't make it racist.

BTW, Pat, the list of names below were all killed in November for being white Americans. Here are the 4 surveillance videos of whites being brutally attacked for their skin color in October, the month you posted this suggestion: Chris Bilcik (gruesome surveillance footage of his eye sliced in pizza parlor in the Bronx), Andy Rosenmayer (gruesome surveillance footage from Appollo Lanes in Roseville, Mich.), surveillance footage in October showing [yahoo mod won't let me name perps or describe their skin color] in North Carolina smashing a cup into a white bartender's face at Pinky's Westside Grill, requiring stitches. Other surveillance footage caught [yahoo mod won't let me name the perp or describe his skin color] ****** punching a random young white woman (Rasa Barzdukas, age 19) in Brooklyn for being white. Not a peep about any of these videos from Yahoo.

Hard for them to do that when Yahoo, itself, is racist. While black teens are scolded in a store for their crass language by white "Butting In Barbara", white Kelly Jose, Heather Jose, Marybeth Gaeng, Michael Robin Griffin, Nilez R. Nichols, Brian Hansen, Carol Horner, Steven Augustine, Joseph Titchen, Brooke Joiner, Joseph Riley, Anthony Blount, Melfin Hoberman, Brandon McHan, Timothy Grice, Tricia Carver, Haley Nicole Wilcutt, Dana Leudke, Matthew Cox, Christina Veronica Rush, Stephanie Potts, Roy Bowins, Jamie Roque, Harry Stone, Jeannot Plessy, Benjamin Friar, Alex Mixon, Shaun Hamblen, Rebecca Patnewski, Olivia Schneider, Jessie Myers, Ashley Blackman, Patrick Smith, and Bradley Johnson are all murdered for being white, but Yahoo doesn't find the killed white people's stories compelling enough to report.

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Democrats rely on racism. As long as there are Democrats, we will always have racism. They will make sure it never goes away. They benefit too much from it — both in the past and today.

• Donald Kuntze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The CEO of ya-who is a staunch liberal, biased blow hard feminist. Its a wonder why ATT used their BS email servers. I Fired ATT today and yahoo for that reason.

• jed Hermit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to get anything that resembles news from yahoo and similar, is not possible as the 20 year old meme's have no idea about the world

Feedback and Knowledge Base