Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow us to filter the homepage news. I love Yahoo but the liberal news propaganda is disgusting.

I just want to be able to block content from appearing on my homepage. It's really annoying to have to see such obvious propaganda and hate news in order to get to my email. I used to love reading the days events but you've alienated me and I get my news and entertainment from other sources now. Provide ALL content and let your customers set filters for what they want to see. Please be fair.

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  86 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No videos in place of top news stories

I am not happy that you have replaced the bank of top stories with cheesy human interest videos that--even worse--autoplay when I load the page. This is ridiculous. Please bring back the top *news* stories, in text format, not video.

77th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. content filter by category

Allow to filter content by category, not just source. I don't want to see any sports content but I'm still seeing it from the Associated Press but I want to keep them as a news source.

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enough British royal articles

We don't need to see day after day of their ****.

46th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More "Feel Good" human interest, non-celebrity, non-political stories please!

Yahoo used to carry more feel good stories before the 2016 campaign heated up. Lots of comments in yesterday's CBS story you carried about the lunch stealing labs had people saying they wanted more. We all can use the reprieve from the constant political and celebrity stories. We can all use stories about regular people like us doing nice things. Please consider adding MORE upbeat content like about the dogs or the boy in foster care who wants to be adopted. We're overloaded with the famous!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/a966dabe-957c-30a3-8b38-04cc2c03cdc0/dogs-steal-mail-carrier%27s.html?messageId=1d91ecab-2313-4802-8cff-022fba03e9f5&replyId=fc8a8653-8952-4e26-b95f-65458f8f3399&bcmt=1

74th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 126th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 37th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 93rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please bring back local and world news

There is no where on yahoo to look at World News, no where to find Local News, no links to political cartoons or other cartoonists, almost never any science articles, and your sports page usually reads like high school students with no sports experience is writing the articles. Even as a democrat myself I find the far left political bias to be infuriating and the misandry oozes off the website like a sinus infection. Why?

161st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No New News ... Same Old Stuff

Same Old News there for hours and days ... New national news Is Not Covered .. unless it it Anti-Trump Stuff ...

49th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. December 7th - Pearl Harbor Day

Not a thing about this important part of both US and world history. Instead, it is a continual feed of political bashing on one side of the aisle and love-affair with hollywood celebrities. Start featuring real content and not the same re-hash of the same thing.

168th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back Messenger!!!!

I miss my friends.

177th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why is there NO news about the Police being shot in Houston??? Does it not meet your democritic views since it was blacks that shot them?

Why is there NO news about the Police being shot in Houston??? Does it not meet your democritic views since it was black drug dealers that shot them?

212th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. what happened to be able to control what was on the right side of the site?

I mean I lost the weather app but get to see the march madness Don't care about that but like to know if I should get up earlier if the weather is ******...

212th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Too much sports on front page.

I want to see other news items other sports.

200th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please stop playing videos on your homepage because I have limited data and the videos are eating it up.

Please stop playing videos on your homepage because I have limited data and the videos are eating it up.

212th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. down vote

Please add a down vote or remove button. Some stories that I could care less about stay on your front page for days. I would really like to remove them and never see them again.

54th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dark theme, and card material

A dark theme would increase my visits at night.

The column with the news should be fleshed out. It should show shadows on the edges to make it look like a card material.

210th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable Coil for monetizing Yahoo! and for those of us that use it, DROP EVERY SINGLE "partner" "sponsored" and display ad.

Coil is changing the way sites monetize their content. I used to love Yahoo! but the pervasive sponsor articles are making your frontpage unreadable. I don't click them and have to wade through them. Contact coil.com and see about enabling the extension so that those of us using it can contribute funds to the site while reading and not be bothered by the ads. This is how content creators will be funded in the future. Be the future. (While simultaneously discontinuing the display of the drivel that is threatening to drive away long time users like myself.)

177th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. stop pushing your anti-American agenda

Yahoo editors need to stop pushing their anti-American agenda. They have deleted over 20 posts about this in the last 4 days. Your editors obviously are either illegal aliens or proponents of terrorists.

13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base