Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please stop including videos in little boxes to the side when a page has been scrolled.

As the title states, stop including the video at the top of the page in a little box to the side. Whose dimwitted idea was this? If I want to watch a video I will leave the page where it is and I will watch it. If I don't want to watch a video or I already have then I will scroll down the page so how is it a good idea to continue showing the video as I scroll? This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. To give you an idea of just how…

58th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More "Feel Good" human interest, non-celebrity, non-political stories please!

Yahoo used to carry more feel good stories before the 2016 campaign heated up. Lots of comments in yesterday's CBS story you carried about the lunch stealing labs had people saying they wanted more. We all can use the reprieve from the constant political and celebrity stories. We can all use stories about regular people like us doing nice things. Please consider adding MORE upbeat content like about the dogs or the boy in foster care who wants to be adopted. We're overloaded with the famous!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/a966dabe-957c-30a3-8b38-04cc2c03cdc0/dogs-steal-mail-carrier%27s.html?messageId=1d91ecab-2313-4802-8cff-022fba03e9f5&replyId=fc8a8653-8952-4e26-b95f-65458f8f3399&bcmt=1

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow us to filter the homepage news. I love Yahoo but the liberal news propaganda is disgusting.

I just want to be able to block content from appearing on my homepage. It's really annoying to have to see such obvious propaganda and hate news in order to get to my email. I used to love reading the days events but you've alienated me and I get my news and entertainment from other sources now. Provide ALL content and let your customers set filters for what they want to see. Please be fair.

13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  65 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enough British royal articles

We don't need to see day after day of their ****.

102nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How do I get HuffPost and Newsweek articles off my news feed? These people are insane.

How do I get rid of this insane ranting from these sites? There is no way to "dislike" anything, just "Like" it. Half your content on the newsfeed is this ranting. Do they pay you for this?

I like seeing diverse viewpoints, but they are ridiculous. At least on Facebook you can say "Don't show posts from this site".

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. comments country

Please consider placing the country of origin next to the name/icon of commentators. This will curtail fake propaganda.

150th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove the ability comment anonymously

Require people who choose to comment on articles to be linked to a social media account. This would cut down on the bottom-feeders who like to troll or anonymously propagate their hate. If you stand by it, you should have your name out there when you say it. Maybe there's an integration you can use like disqus to make the community healthier.

139th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 176th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 197th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. where are all the crime stories at. there use to be 1/3 of the stories were about crime.

there should be more crime stories. from all over the 50 states .

181st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. put weather back on right side of home page instead of sports or free TV

was gone during world cup but now has Free TV instead, and no choice to select what shows up. Only way is to go to top and click on 'more', then weather and even then it doesn't remember your location

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why have you made it so difficult to track and follow”my comments “? It used to be so simple!

It should be easy to track and follow”my comments “as it previously had been,until the site was revised with a short sighted design!!
    Please restore this feature!

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. NO BLOCKED STORIES

Yahoo makes it so ad blockers also block story content. These stories do not originate with Yahoo but are copied from free sites without blockers. If you wish to no longer be a home page for millions keep doing this dis-service.

197th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Entertainment

How about a yahoo comedy page? Or something that helps search for local events like theater, comedy, flea markets, festivals, concerts. Currently your idea of entertainment page is kardashian and swift and magnolia and duggar material. I want to see things that I can attend. High school plays, basketball games, ice hockey, something that helps me find events that are coming up or even today. Everyone knows how to tell what is on tv or at the theater, but when is the next psychic medium, aura reader, wine and paint night, cooking class, photography class, zumba class, comedy night, musical,…

197th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. caption your videos as required by FCC and ADA law , if you dont caption ALL your content soon you WILL be sued! BY ME!

closed caption is required on all video of public websites ,yahoo is a public website and you are violating the law FCC and ADA law ....either caption all your content or you WILL BE SUED!!! you have 30 days and i can gather links of all content that is not captioned !!! 30 days to comply or you will be sued!!!

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 181st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Homepage is not user friendly for me. Scrolling down makes me stop & go to MSN homepage to focus on MY interests much easier. Can you gi

Make your homepage closer to MSN's instead of Yahoo's scrollin down so slowly that I loose interest & go to MSN instead

181st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Format it more attractively with the best story on top

Formatting plays a vital role when it comes to readers' choice of reading material. Most of the time the latest story is on top, be it a bad one or not. Change is required there , as it can put one off or grasp the readers' attention all the way down.

197th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can you please post more articles about more charities?

I'm tired of reading about celebrities who waste their money and have horrible relationships. Can you post more about things that matter, like charities? The Yulin Dog Meat Festival is going to begin tomorrow and we need to end it and I have seen nothing for that.

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base