Finance Portfolios

Thanks for taking the time to view our feedback forum and provide your suggestions.

When we go through feedback, we consolidate like ideas into similar “Idea” buckets so that we have a better understanding of how many users support it.

If you feel the same way others do, please vote up or support an existing “Idea” rather than posting a new one. This way, we can more quickly understand how many users feel the same way and take action.

Based on feedback we’ve received from this forum, here are just a few changes we’re making:

1.) Allowing you the option to choose a summary view of your liking (for instance, a custom view you’ve created vs. the current default view that currently shows)
2.) Adding back the option to reorder lists alphabetically with ease
3.) Adding feature cues and relevant Help articles to walk you through navigating the new version
4.) Bringing back the Notes, Trade Date, and Lots columns for all views

The more specific the feedback we receive, the easier it us for us to improve Yahoo Finance.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance Portfolios?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to navigate. Old version was much easier to edit the portfolio.

Whether reordering or making changes to any of the portfolio columns, it was much easier to do so with the old version. The prompts were very visible and took you right to where you needed to go. Not so with the new version. Don't know why you have to ***** up something that works. Is it just to justify you job?

107th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Strategic Advice

Can I give you some advice? I was a professional business systems analyst and developer manager. I learned to develop simple (not overly complex systems like your portfolio spreadsheet) for a highly-defined universe of users who can provide hard system requirements (not the whole world like your users) and earn their satisfaction by delivering simple robust working systems on-time and under budget.

I learned not to depend on programmers for rapid response to complicated requirements for one or two users at the cost of a complex system with lots of bugs, difficult to maintain with everyone always mad at you.

547th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow addition of same stock symbol as separate position not as lots

before the redesign if I had options at different strike prices or different expiry dates I could enter the stock symbol more than once and track each position separately (target price etc)
    I can't do that anymore and adding the various positions as lots does not produce what I am looking for.
    I also added the expiration date to the notes and could sort my options by the notes field - this does not work anymore either

317th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. too many distractions in the new format

Annoying because the ads (above) and the stories (below) dominate the page. My data is lost in the middle of a giant white sheet

151st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Go back to the previous Portfolio performance view, this new one doesn't show red and green and give the total gains and losses.

Go back to the previous Portfolio performance view, this new one doesn't show red and green and give the total gains and losses

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1401 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 185th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 107th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When data is exported show headings for columns

When data is exported show headings for columns

239th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 47th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ability to drag a drop a value or row of values into a spreadsheet

I would like the ability to drag a drop a value or row of values into a spreadsheet

623rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I can find no way to edit my portfolio holdings. Please go back to the old format, which was much more user-friendly.

I can find no way to edit my portfolio holdings. Please go back to the old format, which was much more user-friendly.

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an "edit portfolio" button to make it easier to do so.

Add a big "edit portfolio" button to the options to make it easier to see how to edit.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  104 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There is no need for five bad views.

I'd prefer one basic view to get the market quickly and a simple way to creat a custom view.

175th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 623rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. access by URLs for custom views

I was wrong.
    I thought just URLs didn't work.
    But, no, views are all gone.
    It's so sad to see the totally foolish people of Yahoo! Finance disrupt the long loved service.
    I'm not saying the old "My Portfolio" was good, but these activities for YOUR (so called) new version has been only a total destruction.
    I believe most people can't understand why you continue to destroy "Yahoo! Finance" and why your team (I am not surprised the team is only one man/woman, actually) are working with no proper control, reviews, supervision.

239th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. portfolio news

impossible to read the portfolio news in this new format. Bring back the old view. How many people have to scream this at you for you to listen?

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reasons why Yahoo's new finance pages will never ever build a community like the old Yahoo finance pages did !

Reasons why Yahoo's new finance pages will never ever build a community like the old Yahoo finance pages did !

1. The new pages are very tiring to look at by the finance professionals' eyes.
    2. The new pages data is scattered all over the place, spaced out instead of spaced in to please the eye and save time, energy and increase productivity. .
    3. The new pages require 4-5 clicks just to look at something in detail, as opposed to old pages which showed the same data just with one click.
    4. The new pages waste a lot of…

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. pleae get rid of these childish charts of day range..52 week range and day trade chart....put numbersinstead

no charts needed for day range day chart and 52 week range...figures are perfect...these charts are so amateurish..it bafflles me how you come with these ideas

7th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Go back to the original view. Line charts for high/low less than useful, as is currency indicator. Old version easier to read

Why do you believe a programmer should decide my preference for content? Your customers are the decision makers on content, the programmers should simply be enablers. Please stop making my choices for me.

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base