New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ABC order by last name for contacts

I should have waited until I tried what you suggested. I did go back to Basic Mail, sorted the names by Last Name. However, in the list the first name shows up first. The last name should show up, not the first. I'm trying to coordinate 2 e-mail accounts to have the same addresses, this is making it very hard. PLEASE change it back to the way it was originally - Last name, first name.

Thanks,
    Deanna Ralph

On Monday, March 23, 2020, 05:19:50 PM EDT, Deanna Ralph <deannaralph@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thank you for your response. I don't know…

605th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In my sent mail it is not providing all the email to a contact’s email that I type in. It is only showing limited emails to this contact

In my sent mail it is not providing all the email to a contact’s email that I type in. It is only showing limited emails to this contact

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add contact nickname to import/export CSV format

I need to import over 100 contacts that include a nickname. The contact details have a place for the nickname but the import/export functions do not support that field. As a result, I still need to manually edit every imported contact.

1504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why do I see my email page get smaller and have the contact to my right without a choice? Leave the service alone before I leave the service

Leave the email service alone...the new moves your making cause a distraction and a waste of time

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quit re-populating my contact list with contacts I have deleted. Leave them deleted!

When I delete a contact, I want it to stay deleted, not have you bring it back! Very frustrating.

743rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't add email addresses to contacts with a spreadsheet

Please give us a way to import an email list in .csv format to contacts

1093rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There needs to be a way to delete contacts in bulk! It's archaic and inefficient to have to remove them one at a time.

Allow me to see the whole list at once; provide checkboxes next to contacts so I can select many at once and delete them together (the same way I can with emails).

560th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. mailing labels

Previously I was able to print mailing labels from a contact list. Please restore this option.

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. print contact list

Please give us a way to print our contact list. Selfishly this would be beneficial for myself and truthfully may be for others as well.

1504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I want to be able again to save my contacts offline by pdf'ing them, like in the old version

In the old version it was possible to save your contacts as a pdf, so they were easily accessible offline. At the same time that was a perfect back-up.
    The current export function doesn't support that feature anymore, and it's impossible to read that excel file. Also, in my language a lot of names do have hyphens and stuff, which are not supported.
    PLEASE BRING PDF POSSIBILITY BACK!!!

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. .london domain

Are you going to add the .london domain as I can not update my contact who uses this domain for their email address.?

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to duplicate an existing contact list

The old Yahoo Mail had the ability to create a duplicate of an existing contact list, and then edit/revise it. YOU HAVE REMOVED THIS ESSENTIAL FEATURE. I cannot understand why you would do that.

I have a new list I wish to create. An old list contains 95% of the contacts I wish to have in the new list. Yet, in order to do that, it appears I must 1) export my ENTIRE contact list, 2) edit that list using Excel or other spreadsheet tool (reducing 3000 contacts to 90, which is incredibly time-consuming), and then 3) import the revised…

1504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alphabetizing the contact list, and the other lists, would be helpful. Not many of us have memorized email addresses.

Alphabetizing the contact list, and other lists, by the last name ould be helpful. Having the contacts alphabetized by emails is not helpful at all.

678th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically save new recipient to contact

can you add back the feature => Automatically save new recipient to contact
    that feature used to exist. i used it on my other yahoo email before. i didn't even realize you took that feature out... why????

1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In my contacts list yahoo put a default icon beside each contact. It is distracting & irrevelant to the contact. Remove them please.

Please remove the default icons that yahoo places beside each contact in my contact list. The icons are distracting & irrevelant to the contacts. Or, at least give me the option to turn OFF that feature.

1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Group list android

Can you please add the ability to create group lists from contacts in the Android mail app? This would be very helpful to many I'm sure

1268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Print contact lists and group lists

How do I print my contact list or group lists. I have not been able to find a way to do that..

648th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CONTACTS are now severely limited in functionalities

The latest Yahoo mail severely limits the functionalities of contacts. Prior information already entered are not available because now only a few fields are left available. Additionally, export capabilities are now limited to CSV format. This does not allow proper export of foreign languages such as Chinese. Doing so would cause lost data / garbage. This is particularly frustrating because I have been a paid Yahoo Mail Pro user for almost two decades. Over the years, I have invested a lot of time to properly manage my contacts (which includes many Chinese characters). Now most of that work is lost.…

1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base