New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SPAM not SPAM

Fix the problems with the spam folder getting my email that is not spam.
    I have posted this for Yahoo to see it and now convinced yahoo does not read this. I have been marking all the emails as not spam and still more of my emails go to the spam folder.

763rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please restore my emails!

Please restore my emails as I have 17 years worth of history in there which is important to me!

1074th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Maintain inbox sort order please

I prefer my inbox to be sorted by Unread messages. If I move off the Inbox to another folder and then return to the Inbox, the sort order is no longer by Unread messages, but instead by Date: Newest On Top. This is quite annoying to have to set the sort order each time I navigate to other folders.

696th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow widening of the Folders Column

OMG! people have been asking for this forever. This is a NECESSARY feature, please add it BACK. Please. Please. Please. Please. Puh-leeessssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. PRETTY PLEASE, with Yahoo on top.

972nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Where did autofocus go with move to another folder flow?

I like the folders feature and use it a lot. Historically, when I would put focus on a specific email, use the "Shift+D" shortcut to open the choose folder popup, the cursor focus would automatically go into the folder search field. Now it stays with the main browser. Something changed recently that caused this but please return the auto-focus. For someone like me who files emails many times a day, having extra clicks to undo the other browser functionality I just enacted by continuing to type assuming I had auto focus on the folder search field, and then clicking in…

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please restore my old mails

Please restore my old mails and folder

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ← New Mail Your idea is being processed and will appear shortly "Settings" go nowhere Four times I've gone to "filters", under "settings",

← New Mail
    Your idea is being processed and will appear shortly

"Settings" go nowhere
    Four times I've gone to "filters", under "settings", to stop a subscription newsletter from always (as of last week) going into "Spam". But still, every day, the several daily messages from this hometown newspaper go straight into "Spam". Every time, I mark each message as "Not Spam". It does no good. Yahoo Mail is trying as hard as it can to be as as Outlook. Plus, WHY do I have to "agree" to some obscure voice-command-acceptance protocol and "sign in", to comment, when I am

2601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Advertising embedded in a folder..

I am wondering if anyone else has had advertising embedded in a private folder in their Yahoo account? This is the second time it has appeared..once for a dating agency and this time for an online language school. The advertisements will appear in among emails I have stored for future reference. They are not able to be removed, but I found that once you go to the advertiser's site, the advertisement then goes. I find it a complete intrusion and have written the latest company and told them as much.

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. please provide a way to block unwanted spam

please provide a way to block unwanted spam

2601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shift+D no longer working, please fix

When I press Shift +D to move an email, it no longer focusses to the top cell where I can start typing to auto narrow the folder list. This error is occuring on Win 7, Win 10, Chrome and Mozilla. It's been happening for a few weeks now.

Please fix!

Thanks

2601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. recover deleted emails folder

Please give us option to recover deleted emails.

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. stop cleaning my trash folder without my permission

stop cleaning my trash folder without my permission

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Field Choosers in Folders that are created by self

I created a personal folder for sent items. I am unable to Choose a field for display - currently it shows Email "From" "Subject" "Date-Time". I was searching to insert field "TO" such that I can see to whom I have sent emails. I could neither locate the option nor any help provided. I think this is a basic requirement for any email service as users certainly create folders and sub-folders to organize their emails. Obviously we need to have a fields chooser as well

2601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please help me recieve mails into my inbox its now coming to 2 weeks.

Please help me receive mails in my inbox. It has been 2 weeks now without receiving mails incoming

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  433 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Viewing/Searching Inbox by folder

When I click 'Search' it gives results from all folders and the inbox with no indication of where the message "lives'.

It defeats the purpose a bit of the search if after I've done the search I can't see where it is housed.

It would be MUCH more helpful if instead of the results showing "yahoo" to the right of the message teaser, it shows which folder the the messages are actually in. (We already know we are in Yahoo, we don't need an extra reminder, we need folders).

2601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. searching for messages in spam folder

Searching for messages in spam folder NEEDED

1250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. FIX THE SPAM FOLDER

Fix the spam folder from taking all the regular email. l have to check the spam folder every time I check mail and my mail is in the spam folder.

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. old mails & details

Dear Concerned,
    Since 2006 i have a membership in Yahoo mail, but unfortunately
    last 10 years i am not using yahoo id and now i want to use yahoo. please advise how being get all the old mails and photos from Yahoo.
    Please help me asap.

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Large number not spam getting into SPAM folder

Hi Team, More often recently started seeing that many emails from valid sources are getting into SPAM folder, I keep on clicking Not Spam still see it gets into SPAM folder. Fix this issue and check if you can have Trusted domain for valid email address recognizing so that any email from such valid and trusted domains will be delivered into Inbox.

1822nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base