New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo does not show a count when putting email in SPAM folder. Emails are not SPAM.

Yahoo does not show a count when putting email in SPAM folder.
    Emails are not SPAM.
    If an email is put in SPAM, let the user know there is an email in the SPAM folder, otherwise over time the email will be deleted by YAhoo.

54th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Come on guys! Get calendar reminders out of sent folder

So around April 1, Yahoo decided to have email reminders from the calendar appear in the sent folder? for the first time in 25 years? My goodness. Don't your customers love innovation & improvement /s. Why do you guys constantly ***** around with what's satisfactory?

p.s. Anytime you want to display new email in our spam folder, that'll be great!

p.s. And ANYTIME you want to let us alphabetize our lists, that'll be great! How many more years will be have to wait for something so basic?

70th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. amount of unread messages in trash folder

it'd be nice to be able to see how many unread email messages are in the trash folder. you used to have that

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Message Layout > List > Sender - Msg Preview - Email id - Folder Name / Color

Suggestions:

1) Please redesign List Layout to include the name of Folder and Sub Folder, right after the Email ID.

2) A different Color for all the Emails already in a Folder.

3) Name of Folder and Sub Folder that an Email is in, when we Open that Email.

4) A 'Do Not Delete' / 'Confirm Deletion' - 'of Emails in a Folder' Option would be Awesome!

Work.a.round:

Right now I'm using 'Star' to note that It's already in a Folder.

Current Option:

Hovering over the Email ID to see the Folder, is NOT at all Helpful when trying to…

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Folders

1 - Automatic Folders:

I think the Folders feature is good, but it can be enhanced with one important upgrade.

All incoming and outgoing emails (Sent) should be allowed to be sorted into a Folder - to an automatically suggested Folder or manual menu selected Folder. Automatically suggested Folders would be based on the history of the senders' past placement in Folders.

I use the menu to sort incoming emails, but it is a hassle to go back to Sent emails to sort to a Folder after sending.

2 - Sub Folders:

We need sub-folders. That is Folders within Folders.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. copy

It would be nice to have a (Copy To:) command along with the move command. It would be nice to split the emails.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why I can not store my important receipts and other files on my storage are erased?

All my folders are erased, including my receipt. I paid my security for 2 years, but now they say I have to pay again and Yahoo erased my receipts?

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display the Folder Location in Search Results

After performing a search, simply display, as part of the results, the folder in which the email message(s) can be found. Perhaps a folder column in the list view...

70th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can I ask if you can put an A to Z

Can I ask if you can put an A to Z on the left side of the yahoo page. Under Folders. This would make it faster for us to find the things we have saved. Thank you for your help and have a nice safe night.

70th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 70th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. spam

Yahoo's spam folder management is horrible. I keep having important e-mails go to spam and garbage going to my inbox. Yahoo could have simple spam rules setup where if one domain name based e-mail is allowed to the inbox, all of the people from that domain name based email should be allowed in the inbox.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. hg

hg

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. All your background colors wash out or make the message unreadable in the email.

1. All your dark background color wash out email messages, A 75 year old eyesight is not that of a 17 year old. How about old dark characters on a white background which has been around for 300 years?

2. You do not allow deletion of an original phone number for which the phone is now dead and Cannot be forgotten by yahoo.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. restore

Partial restore.
    One of the files of my mail was deleted. Your customer care team explained that all I could get was an attempt at complete restore at a certain date (under usual reservations).
    As it only happened to the folder with the least messages, I declined.

As the postman always rings twice, please provide for the opportunity to restore a specific folder.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make folder private

I want to make some of my folders private so they require a PIN or Password to enter a folder designated as private.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. where are all my messages? All my folders are empty!

I haven't signed in in a while and all my folders are empty. all my messages are gone.!

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. All my email is missing from my inbox and there is no way to get assistance.

My idea is that my email messages should be in my inbox.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base