New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  427 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dump unnecessary views

Get rid of Deals, Travel, Purchases, Groceries, etc and definitely get rid of all the **** pop ups

156th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I understand you are not willing to allow your customers the option of deleting Views but can you at least allow us to move it under our Folders so we don't have to "Hide" it everytime we sign into Yahoo mail?

286th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. spam

Spam folder does not update item count until the folder is actually slected.

Since Yahoo has the habit of flagging my legit mail as spam (50% of what get flagged as spam is not), I need to know when I have new items in my spam folder. The count indicator does not update until after I've opened the folder for 10-20 seconds. So that means I need to manually check my spam box more often than my inbox so I don't miss mail.

This is basic functionality that was lost with the forced move to the "improved" interface.

318th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sent folder items cannot be moved

sent folder items cannot be moved at all at the moment. they cannot be moved to other folders.
    I suppose that this is a temporary glitch and hope it will be resolved asap
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

168th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Views folders need to be removed! A waste of space, can not see MY FOLDERS!

REMOVE THE WASTED SPACE VIEWS FOLDERS, THEY ONLY TAKE UP SPACE AND BLOCK MY FOLDERS!

313th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filters

I just switched to the new email format. Not only is it very 'busy' now....I like the streamlined look, but I filter a lot of emails into folders to keep the Inbox clean. The problem is, with the old format, I could go to the drop down above the email and click to 'filter messages like these'. With the new format, this is gone andf I have to go to settings, copy and save thew email address, then go to filters and paste it so I can filter the emails into a folder. Who thought it was a good idea…

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  53 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 357th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 201st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. move emails

When you select a folder to move and email, have the Move drop down remember the last window. So if another email it to be moved to the same folder, when the Move drop down is selected, the folder name is right there, no scrolling. Now the Move drop down always starts from the top. The old email system remember the last selection.

1424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. moving emails to a folder

In the old Yahoo mail, when you moved an Email to a folder, Yahoo mail remembered that and the next time you clicked to move an Email, the folder list came up with the folder you previously moved to visible. Now, it goes back to the top. This is an annoying change and a loss in functionality. At least, there should be an option in settings to select this behavior.

902nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop with the popups asking if I want certain emails deleted or blocked

Stop with the popups asking if I want certain emails deleted or whatever

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. spam mail# nor bin in spam folder not shown

Spam mail# nor bin on right of spam folder not shown. Didnt notice there are mails in spam folder until clicked in to check. Trash folder mail # not shown, only bin shown on right. Pls add back mail # to both spam & trash folder right side

735th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The folder panel is too narrow. Please add a control to adjust its width.

The names of my custom folders are truncated. It should be possible to display them fully.

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  240 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Apply Custom email filters *before* Spam filter

I have 20+ filters set up for specific domains, showing that I clearly want/expect emails from them.

These emails should not end up in the Spam folder. I don't care what your 'statistical learning' thinks is spam. The defined filter clearly shows I WANT THE EMAIL. Your system should not override that.

The only exception I can think of would be if spam filter knows the email is dangerous. Not 'undesired' but destructive. In that case, perhaps overrule the Filter. But if the email is safe, my Filters should trump your statistics.

Alternatively (or in addition): Put…

826th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It would appear you have completely ignored the many people who want to Hide Views on a more permanent basis. Why cannot you allow for this? On my laptop, I have only so much real estate, and your expanded list of Views cuts down on my ability to look at my own, personal folders. Please, implement this, or let me have my old interface back permanently, where there was no such problem with Views.

210th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Move folders

It would be useful if folders could be moved e.g. subfolder could be moved to be a folder on its own.

1005th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Permanently GET RID OF your folders for Photos, Documents, Deals, Purchases, etc. I hate them. They're blocking my custom-made folders!

Permanently GET RID OF your folders for Photos, Documents, Deals, Purchases, etc. I hate them. They're blocking my custom-made folders!

This should be an option that the customer should be able to choose whether to display them or not. Or better -- get rid of them completely! i hate them.

466th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow notifications for specific folders only.

I currently have work related emails being filtered to go to a work folder.
    I would like the ability to receive notifications when emails hit that folder only.
    Currently notifications inform you of every new email in the general inbox only which is not helpful.
    Please consider folder specific notifications.

1424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How do I turn OFF Spam Filtering by Yahoo?

I want and need to TURN OFF "spam" filtering by Yahoo. I do NOT want a "spam" folder in my Yahoo mail account.

1424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base