New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable column width adjustment for folders by click and drag of the mouse.

Enable column width adjustment of folders by click and drag of the mouse.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  75 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo does not show a count when putting email in SPAM folder. Emails are not SPAM.

Yahoo does not show a count when putting email in SPAM folder.
    Emails are not SPAM.
    If an email is put in SPAM, let the user know there is an email in the SPAM folder, otherwise over time the email will be deleted by YAhoo.

10th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Come on guys! Get calendar reminders out of sent folder

So around April 1, Yahoo decided to have email reminders from the calendar appear in the sent folder? for the first time in 25 years? My goodness. Don't your customers love innovation & improvement /s. Why do you guys constantly ***** around with what's satisfactory?

p.s. Anytime you want to display new email in our spam folder, that'll be great!

p.s. And ANYTIME you want to let us alphabetize our lists, that'll be great! How many more years will be have to wait for something so basic?

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folders

1 - Automatic Folders:

I think the Folders feature is good, but it can be enhanced with one important upgrade.

All incoming and outgoing emails (Sent) should be allowed to be sorted into a Folder - to an automatically suggested Folder or manual menu selected Folder. Automatically suggested Folders would be based on the history of the senders' past placement in Folders.

I use the menu to sort incoming emails, but it is a hassle to go back to Sent emails to sort to a Folder after sending.

2 - Sub Folders:

We need sub-folders. That is Folders within Folders.

20th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can I ask if you can put an A to Z

Can I ask if you can put an A to Z on the left side of the yahoo page. Under Folders. This would make it faster for us to find the things we have saved. Thank you for your help and have a nice safe night.

20th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. folders

Folder (part of sub folder is being tagged) name must be tagged to massage and all massages must remain in inbox or sent items as received and sent.

It can be designed to come on top of massage bar and
    plzzzz give options to give colors to folders......

It would be very helpful to remember that after tagging if some action remains on e mail massage can be taken after some time/or day

message moves to folders and .............i forget.....

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spam folder missing on Android mobile Yahoo mail app

06/12/2021 SPAM folder is missing on Android mobile Yahoo app!!!!! When will you fix it???? Noticed Friday 06/11/2021

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. My folder list is scrunched on top of each other so only half of the folder name shows. I can't find how to fix and there is no contact

My folders are scrunched since the last update. I can't find any help and there is no way to contact anyone. They appear as the top half of the name and then the next is overlayed onto it!!!

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix what you messed up in my screen.

Since the last release my folders do not show up correctly. I can only see half of the folder name. This is hard to use and I'm thinking of changing since daily it's frustrating. i tried a number of things and only this one area is messed up!!

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. filter

Frustrating that building a new filter, there's no option concerning "Mark As Read". It just marks all incoming filtered messages as read. I have no idea these new messages have arrived and are piling up!!

Please add this as a check-box.

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. amount of unread messages in trash folder

it'd be nice to be able to see how many unread email messages are in the trash folder. you used to have that

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Message Layout > List > Sender - Msg Preview - Email id - Folder Name / Color

Suggestions:

1) Please redesign List Layout to include the name of Folder and Sub Folder, right after the Email ID.

2) A different Color for all the Emails already in a Folder.

3) Name of Folder and Sub Folder that an Email is in, when we Open that Email.

4) A 'Do Not Delete' / 'Confirm Deletion' - 'of Emails in a Folder' Option would be Awesome!

Work.a.round:

Right now I'm using 'Star' to note that It's already in a Folder.

Current Option:

Hovering over the Email ID to see the Folder, is NOT at all Helpful when trying to…

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. copy

It would be nice to have a (Copy To:) command along with the move command. It would be nice to split the emails.

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make folder private

I want to make some of my folders private so they require a PIN or Password to enter a folder designated as private.

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base