Finance Premium

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Premium Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. net tangible assets

The new financials are Missing "net tangible assets", under the equity line in the balance sheet.

This use to save me so much time and hassle. Now we have to manually subtract -intangible assets and -goodwill from equity. PLEASE! Bring this line back on the Balance Sheet. It was so useful for quickly assessing equity in a business.

7th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Supporting Yahoo Finance

Hey I love Yahoo Finance and have been using it for 23+ years. However, I just don't have $500 a year to purchase the "premium" service. How about a monthly subscription model with a tshirt mailed out at the end of the year or some other small, annual gift, to show that we support the website? It could be at a lower level, maybe $10/mo?
    You guys are great and I want to help keep the business alive.

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Market value under portfolio holdings not listing when creating new portfolio

Market value under portfolio holdings not listing when creating new portfolio

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Holding % of portfolio

A data column showing each holding's percentage of the portfolio's total value would be a help in maintaining the desired allocations/diversification.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. chart

Please implement graphs of historic financial data. It is extremely helpful to us if all the numbers can be turned into graphs as well as growth rates for each line item.

A great example is how stockrow.com Great display of financial information! But I still love yahoo finance and have been a loyal user for 20 years!

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. News filter PLEASE

Add news filter! So I can filter out all those unwanted news. Namely all the Zack, class action lawsuit notifications, and insider monkey.

Those news have turned me off to reading the news of my portfolio's holdings. Because they are so annoying and offer no NEWS values at all!!

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop show false and out dated data

1st by stop showing old financial news. Such as the one that broadcast from time to time that shows the market down 600+, at 23,000 points

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Argus Research Analyst Recommendation Undermines Yahoo Site Integrity

Argus Research Analyst Recommendation 'premium feature' is an ad masquerading as aggregate Analyst recommendation. It undermines yahoo site integrity, by intentionally misrepresenting Argus recommendation as the mean recommendation of all analyst. Bad for your reputation, places you beneath other reliable financial sites.

1st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post! We will reevaluate how to best present this information moving forward. We always appreciate feedback, have a great day.

9. Industry Statistics

Relative valuation is much better than absolute. I want to be able to screen for stocks that are below industry average in PE PEG, P/B or P/S. I used to be able to look on your site in the Industry browser to at least manually check these but that seems to be gone now. Best way is to be able to screen for those. PLEASE. I'll keep my subscription to premium of you at least address this one thing. I know that data is available somewhere.

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change Yahoo's HATEFUL "news" to more up lifting matters

Change Yahoo's HATEFUL "news" to more up lifting matters. THIS INCLUDES HUFF POST cringe worthy stories

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. video

Stock videos need a way to keep them from working till you want to see it. It is very distracting when a video is playing and you are trying to read the stock page.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On all portfolio pages, keep the column headers visible when scrolling.

Instead of letting column headers scroll up and under the search bar, Make them stop under the search bar so they stay visible. If it was a spreadsheet, it would be FREEZING the row or column, I think.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Charting Problem in Firefox

Full screen charting has not worked properly in Firefox since you introduced the version supporting premium content. It comes up blank and even when reset it does not show dates. Also, year to date does not show the proper time period.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Just add the following

Please add the same features, Import & Export, that exist in the Windows 7 version, in the Windows 10 version. Extremely Useful!

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editing

Please allow editing (for personal usage) of all areas where data can be added, such as under "My Holdings". Personally, I do not need the "Hi or Low" limit for that page and it crowds the other data.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. dividends

Include an option in the charts to consider Dividends for a Total Return Graph Vs Just Price.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review.

17. Every time I click on a news story, I am assaulted by asinine pop-up user comments. How can I disable this poisonous feature?

Every time I click on a Yahoo Finance news story, I am assaulted by little pop-ups of user comments. I want to read news, not trollbot garbage! This is a horrible feature which I want to disable.

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please remove the chat on Portfolio Print

Please fix your web Page to remove the chat on the page to be printed when a user hits Print.
    At the Current time when ever a user clicks print on the Portfolio summary page, the chat Icon etc covers the information that you want to print. I know other websites can remove all their advertising etc when you hit print, so I am sure your software people can figure this one out as well.
    Thanks

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add more Research contributors. Why is Argus your only one?

It would be good to be able to view reports from other research providers.

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. List Muted Users

Create a page to view and manage the list of muted users, allowing for unmute and abuse reporting.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base