Please use this forum to make improvement suggestions for Yahoo Maps.

It is too hard to reset current location

23rd ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • yahya alsanyor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that would allow me to do that. If I can't address this problem I will have to start using another map site that does not present the problem.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The program never reflects the correct location of the desktop computer that I do most of my work on. It places me at various other locations in about a 50 mile radius. If I were able to set my home or starting location, I could circumvent the problem, but I have not found any information that would allow me to do that. If I can't address this problem I will have to start using another map site that does not present the problem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I live in Hollister Mo. and when I go to look up a address it always go's to Heber springs ark

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I open the map page, I'm shown as being in some place else, usually a place I've never heard of, despite it being in the same State. Let me save my location.

• Karl Aune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It took more than a year for you to roll out a mail client that worked, its been longer than that since there were sapient controls for your mapping. No surprise there.
    Its simple, just like a home page, just let the user select where the map opens.

• Thomas David Klusty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My "current location" is shown as being 135 miles away from my actual location. Let me choose a spot on the map and then save it as my "home" or whatever location. Every internet mapping program is the same way. I know where I am located, YOU DO NOT.

• Toi Forswall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The map has it defaulted to an address in Lubbock, TX. I have never lived in Lubbock, TX. I live in Colleyville, TX. I want it changed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base