Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make available players available instead of always being on waiver. It is impossile to make a roster change.

Make players available after the waiver time is up instead of putting them on waivers every day.The waiver time never ends. When I claim a player that i really need, I may or may not get him 3 days later. Once I put in 3 claims at the same time to replace one player and lost all three. Three days later I found out. I could not replace him for another three days. Dumbest rule ever. What idiot came up with this?

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Mel,

We appreciate your feedback.

The change was made to the Continuous waivers with FAB last year as this was viewed as the most fair option for our members.

Thanks,

Product Support

2. Get rid of that stinkin waiver budget...Dumbest idea ever...Nobody uses it..

Waiver budget dumbest idea ever......GET RID OF IT!

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the feedback.

The Continuous and FAAB waiver system was introduced this year into Public Leagues as it was viewed as the most fair method of waivers for our members.

We will pass your feedback to our product team. If you wish to use a different option for waivers, you do have the option to set up your own league or join a Custom League set up with the wavier system you’re interested in playing with during the season.

Thanks,

Product Support

3. FAB

FAB option for just players that are NA (minor leaguers)

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Your inconsistent time changes on daily free agency pickups is frustrating. Get a standard time and stick with it.

Your inconsistent time changes on daily free agency pickups is frustrating. Get a standard time and stick with it. One day free agency occured at 1:13AM the next day was 4:38AM. I made a pickup of a player to be inserted into my lineup the next day. I stayed up until 2AM to make sure this would happen. It did not occur because of the late free agency and I failed to get him in my starting lineup the next day. Your inconsistency cost me a win.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your feedback.

Waiver transactions will begin at 12AM PST during the morning they are set to process. There could be a delay in the processing time depending on the amount of waivers that are being processed on a given day, so you may see some transactions processed at a different time on different days.

If you do see an issue with the waivers in your league, please reach out at help.yahoo.com to submit a request for support, or @YahooFantasyCC on Twitter or r/YahooFantasy, u/YahooFantasyCare on Reddit and we can gather more information and look into your league.

Thanks,

Product Support

5. Public league new waiver and pick-up rules....

Please tweak new default waiver rules.
    I’ve been in public leagues since the mid 90s and this year took me by surprise with daily waivers and waiver bidding... It really changes the game and on a short season, I am only now getting up to speed. Anyway, shame on me for not reading Yahoo notifications carefully.
    So now if three guys are day to day on short notice, you can’t pick anyone up till the next day. I get that you want it more fair. But how about keeping immediate pickups still possible before game times, and then after game…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

The new waiver system was implemented last year for Fantasy Baseball.

We will get your feedback to our product team.

Thanks,

Product Support

6. Now that the FAAB system is the norm league(s)-wide...

(I was completely unaware this was a global change, but that's more so on me for not reading the new rules/updates than Yahoo for implementing the change. Also, if it's called the FREE AGENT Acquisition Budget, players shouldn't just automatically be listed as "W" in the player list. FAAB system or not, a FA is a FA, and the player is considered as such unless they were recently dropped, and have to "clear" waivers, just like before. A FA bid takes a day; a waiver bid takes two days).

As a 17-year veteran in Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, I hate it.…

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How can the season start Wednesday July 23 when Wednesday was July 22?

Fantasy Baseball Pro Leagues - Official Rules Overview states:
    The first Game Week is currently scheduled to begin with the start of the 2020 Season on Wednesday, July 23 at 12:00 AM PT, and end on Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT.

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Return default WAIVER settings to FA waiver position

Current FAAB process does not move Managers down in waiver position when making uncontested pickup ... Not sure if it impacts contested pickups. Also players are continuously on waivers and never become FA.
    I do see under FAAB pickups can be used on day waiver processes which is great. If you can find a way to combine both Waiver processes would be much better .... make chage to allow Players to become FA and not roster eligable till next day and every waiver pick-up should move you to bottom of waier position.

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello John,

Thank you for your feedback.

In FAAB waivers, the continual rolling list portion of the waivers is used as a tiebreaker.

Team managers will only drop down to the bottom of the waiver rank list if two or more teams place the same bid amount on a player and the continual rolling list tiebreaker is used to determine who is awarded the player. So 3 teams bid $5 on a player, the team highest on the list is awarded the player and would then drop to the end of the list, all other teams move up 1 spot. This is the only time the waiver rank is impacted. Otherwise, the team who bids the highest amount is awarded the player.

Thanks,

Product Support

9. daily roster changes

When using daily roster changes, if a player has already played their game for the day, they are locked and cannot be picked up until the next day. If this is the case, the player should be able to be claimed and picked up, but add to tomorrow's roster instead of having to wait.

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FAAB?

Changing to FAAB will lose me as a long time loyal customer of pro leagues. Have ZERO interest in this format.

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out with your feedback.

We are continually refining our fantasy games. The change in waivers was as it is a fairer method for all players involved. Your feedback will be provided to our product team.

If you do not wish to play under these types of waiver settings, there will eventually be Custom Cash Leagues available to join. You would just have to find a league with settings you are looking for in the waivers.

Thanks,

Product Support

11. Please do away with the new waiver budget for roto sports!

I have been playing fantasy sports over 20 years and it is not a good system. I can't understand how anyone can be happy with this, it isn't enjoyable.

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More Add/Drop Flexibility When Using Continuous Waivers

We use a continuous waiver system with FAAB and waivers are processed nightly. You are unable to drop someone who has already played and have their replacement in your lineup the following day. If you have the 'Daily - Tomorrow' setting, the replacement isn't available the following day because the waivers process overnight (which is the next day) and then your player is available the day after that. If you have the 'Daily - Today' setting, then you cannot drop someone whose game has started. If a league is using waivers, any player should be allowed to be dropped at…

Signed in as (Sign out)

You are able to drop a player at any time if they are not in your starting lineup. Please reach out to our technical support team to provide more information that we can use to try and diagnose the cause of this issue. Via Twitter (@YahooFantasyCC) or email/chat at https://bit.ly/2ixvQ73

13. FAAB Minimums option should be a thing!

FAAB Waivers should have option for a minimum budget. We allow waiver pickups daily, so almost always players get pickups for $0 barring a Closer promotion or prospect callup. It would be nice if this FAAB minimum was an option for commissioners to help cap the total moves across an entire season rather than resorting to weekly limits and to give more meaning to every waiver add without restricting waiver adds to once or twice a week.

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. WAIVERS, Daily-Today with a sort for the next day

The sort needs to be changed. The sort for Daily Today is the same day. Useless if everyone is on waivers and can't be picked up until the next day. Daily Tomorrow doesn't work because you make a claim for the next day, you get the guy, but then he can't play until the day after. No good! Give us a player sort for the next day even though the Roster Change is set to Daily Today

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New waiver process

I like the idea of the waiting period on the new FA/waiver process but instead of having a $ budget I would like to see it continue to be based on the waiver priority method. I understand the reason we can't see other's bids because it would lead to last minute "sniping" but I don't like the idea of a "silent auction".

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks you for reaching out with your feedback.

We are continually working to refine our fantasy games to provide a quality customer experience for our members. The new waiver process with the FAAB waivers was implemented as it was viewed as the fairest way to run waivers for our members. We will pass along your request to our product team.

Thanks,

Product Support

16. FAAB

Concerning FAAB in pro leagues (horrible idea!) what will the FAAB budget be? Will zero dollar bids be accepted? Playing the wire to its fullest extent is what makes pro leagues enjoyable. Not so sure I will play in any until I learn all of the rules explicitly. Why ruin a great produce anyway?

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to make my private league, the same setup as Pro leagues.

Have players on 2 day waivers, Waivers set to FAAB with rolling list. Waiver mode is standard. Faab budget is 1000. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I want to be just like a pro league.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

If you are the commissioner of this league, you can use the commissioner tools to edit the settings for the league to set up the waivers with FAAB continual rolling list. Just be sure to make the change before the league drafts, otherwise you’ll need Yahoo to make the change to FAAB if you just have regular standard waivers in place.

Once you enable FAAB waivers, you can use your tools to update the acquisition budget to $1000 by going to Commissioner > Manage other teams > Acquisition budget > Update budget for each team > Submit.

Thanks,

Product Support

18. Please reconsider daily waivers for Pro and Public leagues

I know Yahoo has changed the default settings in both Pro and Public leagues to daily waivers with FAAB. While I like the addition of FAAB to the leagues, I am very disappointed that they are changing the setting to daily waivers for those leagues. While I appreciate the intention to try to make things more 'fair', I worry that it will become significantly more cumbersome to manage teams and will be less appealing to new fantasy players. I would propose that Yahoo fully reconsider making this change to 2020 leagues. It may be too difficult to engineer, but maybe…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Jerry,

We are continually working to refine our fantasy games and made the change in waivers to make things more fair for players as you made mention.

The setting will not be getting changed, if a member does not want to use these settings but wants to play for a prize, Private Cash Leagues will eventually be available to join. You will just have to find the right league that suits your needs for these settings. Your feedback and suggestion will be provided to our product team.

Thanks,

Product Support

19. Waiver error

I had an error yesterday. I picked up a player(probable pitcher) and it specifically said that it would reflect on Thursdays lineups. I had to just now drop him because he is of no use to me. For some reason the date it actually shows reflected is on Friday now. I will just have to go with no active pitcher for today which I try not to do unless there are no descent ones available. Just wanted to let you know incase it continues.

Thanks

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kary,

Thank you for providing your feedback!

When adding a player to your team roster, you will want to check your league settings to know when you need to add the player to show on your team roster. You can read more at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6775.html.

We can look into your league for you if you contact us @YahooFantasyCC on Twitter or contact us at help.yahoo.com but there is no retroactive lineup or scoring available in baseball.

Thanks,

Product Support

20. waiver

In fantasy baseball, you should only lose your waiver priority if another owner bids on the same player. Currently, you lose your waiver priority for adding a player, even if nobody else bid on that player.

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base