Hi, please let us know how we can improve Weather further.

Lately, you have been giving me the wrong location and won't let me set the right one.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Wheeler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This Yahoo Weather behavior began 11/23 or 11/24/2018, and continued through that weekend. I was able to make changes using the "Detect My Location" pop-up dialogue box, but they didn't take effect until Monday, 11/26/2018, presumably when the Yahoo/Oath staff went back to work after the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The corrections worked only for a day, then returned to the erroneous behavior of detecting my location far from here.

The Yahoo Weather and profile settings no longer include the ability to list all of the locations that I monitor, and to customize that list. Poor design change, and frustrating!

I use the Yahoo Weather that is in My Yahoo, and have for years. It is unfortunate that changes have reduced its usefulness, and accuracy. I hope Yahoo staff will fix this omission, soon.

• Michael L. Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does seem that the wrong location on the weather app is a wide spread and ongoing issue. Actually Yahoo doesn't seem to want to correct it. We used to set our own default location, why would it be so hard to go back to that set up?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! Worked for three days, then went to **** again. Getting weather for a town 65 miles away.

• Fidlft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You keep assigning a location for me - not allowing me to choose my location. I have various locations I use, but want the primary to be the city which is 2-1/2 miles from where I live - and NOT the one that is 26 miles away. So STOP using something by 'Detection. Problem I want the locations I use is #1. Nothing works from my end. And it is not a Chrome issue! It's yours. Fix it!

• Melanie Fleischmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same comment! The wrong location keeps showing up. I have to manually click the detect my location option every time to display the correct one. It doesn't show up automatically.

• robin brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here allow to detect my location....then it just goes right back to wrong location...PLZ fix

• Michael L. Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add another one to the long list of wrong locations. I don't even go to the location it says I'm at, should just let user set default location. It was something I was able to do before. If you can't get it right I wish you would just remove it.

• William Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. It gives the wrong location every load or refresh. It will "detect" your correct location if you hit the link, but not automatically. It's been doing it for the last month or so. before, it was just sporadically giving "Sunnyvale, CA" as the start-up location. Please fix this!

• Pam Smiadak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. I live in Michigan and it has my location as Kansas. This also messes up the list of sporting events as Kansas is in a different time zone than Michigan. Very frustrating as I keep changing it back and it returns to Kansas.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base