Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please change mini-chart color back to white

Why this pointless change to black? You can't even see important parts of the chart now. Do you not have a Q/A process?

Instead of playing around with colors how about fixing the following long-outstanding issues:

AJAX search often retrieves the wrong stock (it used to work perfectly).
    Auto-refresh stalls out.
    Option chain price info often has no correlation to reality.
    Make everything real-time.

34th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Report abuse" button not workin on spam and other abusive comments in Yahoo Finance Conversations

Dear Yahoo Staff, there have been an increasing amount of spam and other abusive comments throughout the Yahoo Finance conversation boards. I have repeatedly tried to use the "report abuse" dropdown option on the upper right-hand corner of the posts to no avail. These spammed and/or abusive posts are still around months later. Below are a few of the examples:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GLD/community?guccounter=1

Please look at the post history of the user Bullrage1. It is full of multiple years of youtube link spamming among other abusive posts. Many of his comments look like they're outright written by a bot.

"The Spooks have…

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to load portfolio

When I click on My Holdings, I get an error message saying "Unable to load your portfolios. Please try reloading the page."

It doesn't work.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  39 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Financial Statements No Longer Import to Excel Following Most Recent Update

Following the most recent update to the Financial Statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow) excel is no longer able to recognise the information as a 'table' and therefore it cannot be downloaded using the simple import from web function. My understanding is this is due to a change in the coding approach on the back end. I reached out to the finance customer service team and I was advised that this feature is no longer available because of the update and I was advised to post on this forum to try to gain support for this feature to be…

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the S&P 500 Components view. They are important and they are broken for ages.

The S&P 500 components view is broken for more than half a year. I don't think they will ever get fixed, but can anyone tell me why it's so a low priority for you? It's an important feature though.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. yahoo finance web showing 'portfolio currency' problem started on Feb 8 2019, abruptly total sum switched from CAD to USD

"no" , problem still exists , saga continues. BTW, You don't even need to ask me if problem persist. just try and see for yourself.

1-create a dummy yahoo email id
    2-then login to canada ca.finance.yahoo.com
    3-create a portfolio with single entry ie. even cash ie 100 $
    4-once you save, you ll see all reported in usd you cant change it.

When you fix this it means it is fixed. also click and try to edit currency it will not be possible.

Thanks for the reply.

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Speed up the web page

I'm a long time fan who has started seeking quotes elsewhere because for some reason the Yahoo Finance page has become very slow. I really like the functionality and hope this can be fixed.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dividend Fields blank on startup

The fields 'DIv/Share', 'Forward Annual Dividend Yield', 'Ex-Div Date' and 'Dividend Payment Date' are blank upon going into the portfolio. The all have a dash character for each security I have. To get them to show up I have to fo to a different portfolio then back to this one. I have screen shots if you need to see them.

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No Events Issue

As of yesterday, 2/21, instead of seeing my portfolios on the right side of the screen in charts, it gives the message "No events. Select a few events to plot." Please advise, thank you.

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Issue with Adobe Flash

Error message about Adobe Flash

Yahoo Finance the videos are showing a message that we need the latest Adobe Flash Player to view them. My computer already has Adobe Flash 32.0.0.114 which is the latest per the Adobe web site. Please get these incompetent programmers to fix the issue. Also Yahoo should be advised that Adobe Flash will be discontinued by the end of 2020 .. So your video creators should start moving things over to the current method of HTML5 ... Also there is a link to get the new Adobe Flash on the video screen, but being wary…

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MyPortfolios editing

MyPortfolios ... when selecting multiple symbols for a large portfolio (e.g. 200+ tickers), and then 'Delete Symbols' ... the pop-up box is too large to display the OK or Confirm or Cancel buttons.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. China stocks wrong daily move

Yahoo finance wrongly shows Shenzhen and Shanghai markets are closed when the markets are in fact open. This results in the daily % price change being reported for Shenzhen and Shanghai listed stocks being wrong. Please can you fix? thx

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Missing Data

Hi,
    Some tickers on ASX are showing incomplete or completely missing historical data:
    VEU.AX, VTS.AX (since 13 Sep 2018)
    RBTZ.AX (no data at all)
    VCX.AX (since 15 Oct 2018)
    Could you look into why please?

(I posted this a while back but no updates yet, is there any progress?)

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Hi – we are aware of the issue with the .AX historical data and our engineers are working to resolve the problem.

Thank you!
    Yahoo Finance

14. Yahoo Finance Historical Data is not updating stock prices for Mainland Chinese stocks eg. 000858.SZ, 600114.SS etc.

Yahoo Finance Historical Data is not updating stock prices for Mainland Chinese stocks eg. 000858.SZ, 600114.SS etc. Latest available date is only up to Feb 14, 2019.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It's 9:22 AM and there are no premarket quotes on any of my portfolios.

It's 9:22 AM and there are no premarket quotes on any of my portfolios.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unable to edit portfolio data

I have five portfolios. I can click on "Portfolios" and obtain the balances in each. When I select one of them to maintain balances, the screen goes blank and says something like "Cannot obtain your portfolio at this time. You might try to refresh the page" . Refreshing the page is not successful.
    Thank you

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Pasting" data has a bug.

"Pasting" data has a bug.

In the "My Holdings View" of a portfolio, if you"paste" in the number of share held - results just go to zero.
    If you key in the number - it works fine.
    Please fix so I can copy and paste data into my portfolio, as I used to do.

PS - the up and down options in the cells are sort of a waste. They only allow you to increment or decrement in whole numbers, not any fractions or values below 1. Most people get share dividends that include fractions, and as a result, share…

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Total gain (%) of sold stocks is incorrect

I've bought 300 stocks at $20.80 (total = $6,240); and sold (-300) at $23.60 (total = $7,080).
    The total gain was $840, which is correctly indicated in my portfolio.
    However, the %Total gain indicated is 6.31% instead of 13.46%. It seems that you are dividing the Total Gain ($840) by the sum of the buying ($6,240) and the selling ($7,080) amounts, while the gain should be relative to the investment amount only ($6,240).

Let me know if the information is unclear of there is a better way to incorporate gains to portfolio.

Thank you.

78th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. please check the conversations for tenaris. they are all about tesla not tenaris. someone on your staff is an idiot.

please have someone check the conversations for tenaris. they are all about tesla not tenaris. you are doing a disservice to tenaris shareholders and those wishing to converse with other interested parties. thank you

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mute

Mute button in conversations doesn't work. I have to mute every post for a user to be rid of their posts and the next time I login there are more posts. On some stock conversations there are users posting things that have nothing to do with the stock. I try muting and I try reporting abuse, but these posters persist.

275th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base