Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A full block tool

Hopefully Yahoo developers and staff are reading these suggestions. A tool to full block someone from viewing your posts and following you around is sorely needed in the Yahoo Conversations. This tool will allow users to essentially self-moderate which means less work for Yahoo's Abuse Team and most significantly, a guaranteed decrease in the overall toxicity within the Yahoo forums.

Just muting doesn't do enough because abusive individuals will still follow you around to smear you and make you look awful. There is just so much of this going on right now and it is making the Yahoo forums very…

2nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  35 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Portfolio Summary

I have 5 portfolios with different brokers. Yahoo Finance allows me to create and maintain 5 separate portfolios. But it does not have any provision to view consolidated position of all the portfolios. It would be nice if you can create this feature.

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Are there currently any plans to implement a block function?

As titled, are there currently any plans to implement a block function for the message boards? The mute is nice and does what it is supposed to. However, the mute does not prevent people from viewing your post history, stalking your account, and sabotaging your threads.

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. international Customers

Allow International customers to buy/purchase Yahoo Premium, as of today if your address is not in the US there is no way to enter the "State" part of the address requirement. Perhaps an option to enter first the Country and then the State would fix this limitation.

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Sector

When creating a portfolio custom view, please consider adding the ability to add sector as a column.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow price alerts (email would probably work best) with a trailing stop.

Allow price alerts (email would probably work best) with a trailing stop.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please Add Recommended rating as a field - range of value in custom screener

Need the value / filter of 'Recommended Rating' .. for e.g. GM is 2.1 today. So if I create a custom screener, I should be able to select a range of recommended ratings ... amongst other parameters already available. This would be a great feature. If I am bullish I would select the 'buy' side range .. if bearish .. sell side range. Can this be implemented ASAP? I hope you do .. otherwise to be honest I don't see much value in the Premium account

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add features to Finance Windows 10

In Finance for Windows 10, please add the features that exist in Windows 7, i.e. The Print, Import, Export. They are extremely useful. Thank you.

721st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Thumbnail 1 Yr chart

The small thumbnail 1YR chart that would fit on line item!!!!

Allows us to quickly scroll through our long watchlists for under or over valued.

231st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Compare all items in a watchlist

I love Yahoo Finance. IMO it really is the best iOS Finance app by far.

The 1 big thing I wish it had: the ability to chart/compare an entire watchlist with one push. Currently I’m constantly recreating the same charts with all the stocks in a specific watchlist, adding them one by one.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Valuation Rating

Please create a new column for Valuation Rating such as Near Fair Value or Undervalued etc. for all stocks in personal portfolios of the customer.
    Thank you.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Weighted average for Annualized Returns for multiple Lots

Why don't you show a weighted average for Annualized Return where there are multiple lots? You show the Annualized Returns in the Holdings View for each lot. It would not be difficult to calculate the weighted average for other summarized views.
    It makes absolutely NO sense to show only the first lot's Annualized Return for all lots!
    Seriously?

231st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to download Options History

Can you provide the ability to import Options data like you are able to do with Historical Data for daily trade?

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notes field not available in app

It would be very helpful to the Finance App if the Notes field from the Finance website were available.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Horizontal scroll bar needs to remain visible at the top or bottom of the page as you scroll vertically down the page of a portfolio.

When scrolling down the page of a larger portfolio, you have no way to scroll horizontally (left or right) to see other columns of data.

The Horizontal scroll bar (at the bottom) should remain visible just like the Vertical scroll bar on the right edge of the screen as you go down the page to improve navigation while viewing parts of the portfolio which may be out of view of various size screens in use by end users.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Trendlines

It doesn't make any sense that the standalone Yahoo! Finance app includes a respectable full screen technical analysis package but excludes such a basic fundamental tool as the ability to draw trendlines. By contrast, UK Yahoo! includes the technical analysis package which includes the ability to draw trendlines but you are not able to work in full screen mode. Including the ability to draw trendlines in the Finance app would surely add value.

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Columns that are functions of other columns

Allow for columns in portfolios that are functions of other columns, like current stock price as a percentage of my target buy price (i want to see as stocks move down towards my buy price)

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back the percentage change in percentages (%) of the index’s and not just the point change(s)

Bring back the percentage change in percentages (%) of the index’s and not just the point change(s)

377th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Real-Time TSX Stock Prices

Please include real-time stock prices for the TSX (Canadian). I know you've recently done so for the US indexes, and translating that over to the TSX would be absolutely amazing!

721st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add the ability to set alerts by percentage

A great feature would be if we can set alerts when a stokc goes up or down by a set percentage. We will be alerted that it has gone up or down by the percentage ammount we set. Thanks!!

721st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base