Finance Search

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The new search is so bad, it is a shame that Yahoo came up with this. It does nothing for me

Change it to the Old "Search" for Finance or find a new one. This one is so BAD, it is unbelievable that you got something like this. Go and learn from others; just any of them.

Any search I put in, the "Search" tells me that it does not recognize it. Same for stock symbols

1st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  23 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Finance should be for searching stocks and nothing more

Yahoo is attempting to use Yahoo Finance as a general search engine... Bad idea. When I enter a stock symbol in the space labeled to enter this, everything comes up except that stock. If my stock is listed below, that requires me to click on it again to bring it up. If not on the list, I can only access it by closing Yahoo Finance and opening it once more; only to have to click the proper listing to find it.
    Yahoo Finance was my favorite easy to access and work with Finance program in the past; only to be…

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The worst searching one can ever find on the surface of the earth

Yahoo Finance features the worst stock symbol searching I have ever encountered. It never respond accurately to the symbol you type, and usually result in another stock. The automatic pop up trending panel blocks a large area. Why need that for? Just give the user exact what he/she wanted. Don't ever outsmart your users. You can come up with whatever searching engine you want for your own use. I now cut my usage of Yahoo Fince by half at least, and prefer to use more reliable website such as "seeking alpha.com".

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search doesn't seem to work so it should be easy to improve it. Just make it work. I don't even know what I'm clicking on to post what I've

I want to see several parameters of information for several stocks on one screen. This once worked most of the time on Yahoo Finance if I just entered the stock symbols. Now it doesn't seem to work at all, or maybe it just works occasionally if I'm lucky. It could be great if it worked but if it doesn't work it's useless.

4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Every time I type in a ticker and hit enter it only registers the first couple of letters so the wrong stock gets pulled up.

I wish it would just recognize the symbol I typed in and not give me the wrong stock every time. I'm better off waiting for predictive search to populate and clicking on the right ticker then.

6th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't find most mutual funds in Canada. Pretty much useless

Can't find most mutual funds in Canada. Pretty much useless

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Story continues"

I want to read a story. Click on it,,,get one stinking sentence, then have to click "story continues" and ANOTHER tab opens, cluttering up my screen and RAM. I have stopped reading any stories on Yahoo Finanve because of it and get my news elsewhere now. I have gone to Yahoo finance fewer and fewer times. Quotes mess up, story continues, and "trending now" sucks

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. i don't like to always see what YOU consider TRENDING at ever drop-down search

Tired of seeing what YOU consider TRENDING every time I want to search something. It gets monotonous, boring, and downright annoying. STOP with the TRENDING stuff! I search what I want to search!!!!! NOT what YOU want me to see!!!!!!!!!!

9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Finding comparable stocks

Sometimes when I search a stock I see a pop-up named “people also searched”. I would like to see this as a regular feature, it allows researching several companies in the same business and provides the information needed to make your best judgement. It also reveals options that I have not heard of before.

9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The stock screener so bad I don't even have words. Past versions had all the categories neatly laid out and one could expand and add them.

The stock screener so bad I don't even have words. Past versions had all the categories neatly laid out and one could expand and add them. Now there is nothing or almost nothing. My god it is useless. How could this get by anybody with any financial acumen at Yahoo to be released? I can't even use it so now Yahoo has driven me away from the finance page

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. portfolio view needs all data

When I create a portfolio view, there are limited choices of data column, where as there are many more when I look at a quote.

For example, when I get a quote for QQQ, I can go to the performance tab, and see "Trailing Returns (%) Vs. Benchmarks" for YTD, 1 Month, ... This is the kind of thing I need in a portfolio - I hold a lot of mutual funds and etfs. I wish that you would create a standard interface that made all of the data available - don't manually pick and choose. Also, I with all…

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Do two Search boxes on Finance Page 1) Quotes 2) News or topics [no quotes]

The Finance Home page has two search boxes. The one on the right is dedicated to Quote Lookups. That's great, leave it alone. The search box at the top middle is really bad. If you Yahoo's would leave quotes out of the top center search box and call it a "News Search" it would take away the noise from quotes. You also need to improve the search engine. One should be able to search, "Roth IRA" on the Finance page and get news stories tagged with such. No results for "Roth IRA" or any variation of it is sad. Thanks

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make search more capable. It's a shame that Google Finance easily finds "NYSEARCA: NGE" and Yahoo Finance CAN NOT find it!

Make search function more capable. It's a shame that Google Finance easily finds "NYSEARCA: NGE" and Yahoo Finance CAN NOT find it!

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bad System

Can't even recognize stock symbols, go back to old system or you will chase people away to a system that actually works!

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. the search is doo doo

replace search with big capitalist man begging for money

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Equity Screener fails to find based on dividend criteria

The Equity Screener fails to allow users to screen by dividend yield.

This, because it apparently never occured to anyone that dividends might be important to Yahoo users.

This is such an egregious oversight that it qualifies as a bug.

Please add trailing 12 month, and forward 12 month yield to the equity screening filter options.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base