Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

802 results found

1. Mail Restore request form does not work.

With no live customer service available or even an e-mail address to reach out to, I erroneously tried one of the fake phone numbers listed online to try and solve the problem. :( I am trying to fill out a Mail Restore Request form and the YID doesn't match what I have signed in with... it says. My husband accidentally deleted messages from his phone (and also the server due to his phone settings).

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Some of my emails are not coming through, especially those from Asia. What is the problem???

I have friends and a few subscription services mostly in China and Australia and the emails are not coming through to me. I have checked every folder, including spam, and nothing from them. Any idea what might be the problem?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re not getting emails from a specific sender, it may be because they are sending to the wrong address or they are getting an error message when sending to you. If this is the case, you will need to have them reach out to our Postmaster department to try and get it fixed. You can also double-check your Mail settings and Spam folder to make sure everything looks good there.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Is this from Yahoo?

o finish verification about this Email Account, we just need to make sure this email address is yours,
    Because your two incoming mails from your contacts were placed on pending status due to the recent
    upgrade.

Verify Your Account Now Or we will De-activate it

If verification is not performed within 24Hours we will be forced to De-activate your Account.

Yahoo Mail System Administrator Team 2019

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm about to ax yahoo mail. can't undo automatic contact adding & can't keep some e-mails from going to spam

fix it. I'm about to ax yahoo mail. can't undo automatic contact adding & can't keep some e-mails from going to spam

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Streamline setting mail on iPhone

Dear sir/miss,
    Please streamline the method with which you set-up your email account on the iphone. I spend 4 hours trying to figure out why it wasn't working properly! This is after checking all my server settings, because apparently even though there is the option to log in to a yahoo account on the iphone settings, the automatics login configuration doesn't work. So I had to find the required server settings and ports to login.
    After that it still wasn't working and then I remembered that you have some idiotic "app specific" password that needs to be generated and used!…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Why do I have to keep checking my folders

Why do I have to keep checking my folders for new mail? Mark all of them they way you do the Inbox. Why can't I block unwanted mail anymore?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. when reading something in the "unread" section and you close it, you should go back to the unread list not the inbox list - which is what ha

when reading something in the "unread" section and you close it, you should go back to the unread list not the inbox list - which is what happened in Classic Mail!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My Yahoo Pro Mail offers "always on email support" How do I use this? what is the email address for support

How do I use the "always on email support? I tried to vote on a previous request but could not.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can I change my default email address?

when I started yahoo, I used one address for the default address, but I use another yahoo address as my primary address for mail. I know I can change the reply to address on the default, but all messages from the default show the default address as the from address - this confuses people. Now I end up having both my default and my preferred addresses listed - and am needing to deal with duplicates of everything. So - can I change my original default address to my preferred address.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please upgrade to remove one year emails, like 2014 inbox emails to be erased, how to do one shot ?

i think yahoo should upgrade short cut delete 2014 year inbox emails,
    tick email for the year is too much.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

The quickest way to do so from the web is to go to your inbox/folder, scroll a long way down, and then use the keystroke Ctrl+A to select all visible emails (or the top checkbox in the Yahoo Mail app). The further you scroll down, the more you can select at once.

You can delete a large number of emails at once this way, and I find it works best in groups of 1-2k. The maximum amount you can delete at once is 10k. Keep in mind that larger groups may take more time to delete. You can still empty the Spam and Trash folders all at once by clicking on the Trashcan icon that appears next to their names when hovering over them with the cursor. New Mail also allows you to empty entire folders at once using the arrow to the right of the folder; just click on…

12. unread messages

Just tried to put all my unread messages somewhere else...and now they are all gone.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best you can do is to report those messages as spam. (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3402.html) Depending on the number of similar reports, our Anti-Spam filter may take some time to react and start actively blocking them from reaching you.

In the meantime, you can either create filters (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN15994.html?impressions=true) or block those email addresses:
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN16025.html?impressions=true

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notifications

Notifications will not stop. Going back to basic

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. verification

If I verify my ID on a computer why do I have to do it again the next time I sign on there? I got a new computer at home. I usually check mail on my phone but sometimes do it from the computer when I need to share files over email. Every time I try to log on, I have to get a verification code sent. WHY? This is annoying. I have been a yahoo mail user for over 20 years. STOP ITALREADY. Your system should be intelligent enough to associate my computer ID with my account and let…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Having videos blasting me out of seat when checking my mail may drive me away.

Having videos blasting me out of seat when checking my mail may drive me away.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix it!

Something is wrong with my e-mails. The e-mails will not delete

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deliver emails ignoring domains

When you login to yahoo, it only checks the email id and not the domain. So that means one email id is unique across all domains. Assuming this is true, suppose one person has email id example@yahoo.co.XX, but if someone by mistake sends the email to example@yahoo.com, should it not still get delivered to the person as long as the mistaken domain exists? This does not happen today and the email delivery fails.

This is specially applicable as a lot of people here have similar (example@yahoo.co.XX) email ids but many times it happens that someone send…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You’re correct in that all Yahoo IDs are unique. being as such, no two IDs can exist with the same username as different domains. So, if an email is sent to an address at .com, but in actuality it’s .co.uk, then it will bounce back to the sender as undeliverable.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

20. cannot view full headers/raw message on new desktop mail ; cannot FORWARD (without OPENing virus email)

Yahoo1009_fff The function [View Raw Image] Does NOT work. Never, Never, Never OPEN a bad/malicious/virus email because you will regret the disastrous consequences. ATT needs to allow (ALL) emails to be FORWARDED, WITHOUT having to OPEN the bad email, to perform the FORWARD function. I need ability to (1) access the Entire RAW email [Header, with ALL the IP address info, & Body], (2) Copy the Entire RAW email, (3) activate the FORWARD function, (4) paste COPY of Entire RAW email, at top of the temporary area. (5) enter the [Send-To] address, (6) execute Send. EX: bad email is Extortion…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you use the checkbox next to the email in question, you can then select “View Raw Message” from the options (3 dots) menu without having to open the email.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base