New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve your service!

After nearly 20 years as a happy Yahoo user I am really disappointed! Yahoo is constantly reducing thier service.
    First you removed the automatic forwarding service.
    Then you made Yahoo incomatible with outlook.
    And recently I learned that Yahoo deleted ALL OLD EMAILS with very important messages as from tax office, insurances and invoices etc.

I will no longer use Yahoo. What really sucks is the fact that it seems impossible to archive the important messages in the cloud or at my computer to avoid losing waht s left.

17th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop the offensive political ads

Stop the offensive and misleading political ads. I understand the need for ads and I understand that politicians are trying to convince people to vote for them. But ads that contain misinformation and outright lies are inappropriate. Yahoo should not be promoting false and hateful misinformation.

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo sucks, going to delete account.

I have had my Yahoo account for a very long time. I am about to shut it down and stay with Gmail. I have the Verification key. Just now a message came across my app on my phone asking me if I was signing in from 4 different locations with in a 1 minute period. I denied all of them. Signed in to change my password. I CAN'T CHANGE MY PASSWORD!!! There is NO where for me to change it. I hate the new look, it looks plain and simple like something from the 80's you want me to pay…

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Don't Stop Autoforward- Worst Idea ever!

It hasn't happened yet but I've been notified that Yahoo is going to stop Autoforwarding. This is the single stupidest idea I have ever heard. First off, they only give us about 2-3 days notice and they claim the change is because it is not secure. Based on the hacking issues they've had in the past, I would say Auto Forwarding was not the problem. They also say I can pay for a higher account that still has this option. Tell me, with so many email options out there now, why would I pay for something that is treated as…

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. turn off video ads

Please give us an option to turn off video ads, they cause slow loading of email account and are not only invasive they are just a pain.

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Move the delete button back to the center; next to the star icon...PLEASE!

It's been a while since I switched over to the new Yahoo! Mail. I thought I would get used to the delete icon all the way over on the right hand side, but I still find myself looking for it towards the middle; next to the "Star" icon. Please consider moving it back there...or perhaps an option to have it appear there.

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I don't want ads on my business mail account! I pay for mail plus. WTF?

If you pay for mail Plus you shouldn't see any ads on any account.

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. get your ******* head out of your *** and go back to what works---*********

Your "Blocking " function is now missing from my "settings" icon on my desk top and your -hole support person doesn't know how to fix the problem---hole

368th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The Spam

I use a few different email accounts and have to think Yahoo is the worst of them all.
    The other accounts I use (gmail and outlook) don't let spam through at all. When I check my yahoo spam folder, there are always at least 30 messages in there (and I check a few times a day)
    Why let them even get into spam. Some are so obvious, they should be filtered and rejected right away.

52nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 52nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Free email forwarding

Dear Yahoo,
    Thank you for the 3-4 days notice that you will be cancelling the "free forwarding my yahoo emails to another provider".
    I am an educator, doing remotely learning with our students and also juggling remote learning with my own elementary child.
    I am in no way completely reliant on forwarding my emails for work and personal.
    I am also not overwhelmed at all for the 2020/2021 school year and sometimes break down with sheer exhaustion.
    I am so glad that you gave me such advanced notice, so that I could readdress all my emails to my other provider. …

52nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. yahoo sucks

why would I ever pay yahoo any money. about 12 years ago, suddenly about 1/5th of all my outgoing emails were not going out. I did everything possible to get help, without ANY help. Even wrote to the CEO without any reply. Unfortunately I pay Yahoo for my domain which I'll finally get off my butt and figure out how to transfer to another organization that has some sense of responsibility. clear enough?

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The way to improve New Mail is to include an Auto Forwarding feature.

One of the most useful functions on Yahoo mail was the Auto Forward feature. With this gone, there is much less need to use Yahoo Mail.

52nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Yahoo Mail Pro in Australia

Ads on Yahoo Mail drive me nuts...If I lived in the US I could pay for a Yahoo Mail Pro subscription and not have to put up with them...sadly, I liv e in Australia and the paid option is not available to me.

20th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Really need to see the "time" for the emails older than one day.

It is important that I quickly sort and delete emails based upon time for all days past the current day. I'd love for these older emails to have the time posted right before or after the date on the one line format for these older emails. Thanks for considering this.

52nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 143rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. auto forwarding would be good!

How about setting up the forwarding service available in all areas BEFORE you cut off the existing service?

52nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Update SPAM-Filter

Update SPAM-Filter

I have been very happy with the SPAM-Filter for a long time. But recently there are frequently email coming in which display "service@amazon.com" or similar, but are obviously randomly generated emails (40 characters before the @, also a ton of random characters as a domain name). Please include in the spam-filter that everything with >30 char before the @ and everything that displays as typical domains (amazon, paypal, etc.), but obviously don't come from that domain are SPAM. It is not possible to add such a rule in the manual filters, so please make it a…

86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 86th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A spring cleaning feature that allows users to delete much larger quantities of mail at a time!

Really a performance/frustration issue, why can't I delete the thousands of unwanted email in my inbox? I shouldn't have to keep paying for poor email hygiene of ten years ago. If I could delete by date or by special searches (or just move to an archive I could delete later), I would be such a happier camper. Right now, no matter what I do, to delete the 40,000-plus messages that are long past their expiration dates, I would have to go through the same process 400 times (select all, hit delete, hit yes, wait for the list to reload). That's…

143rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base