New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IMAP

Trying to add a mailbox for my domain address, and the only way to add "Others" is to use the phone app. I installed it, but the phone app doesn't work. I spent an hour with our webhost, and the they never even receive anything from my IP. It looks like the feature is not properly implemented. I'm using proper credentials, but the app just hangs there "waiting for a response from the server." It actually never sent a request.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. retain deleted emails longer

Why does email delete after only a couple of weeks? It used to be 3 or 6 months.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, both the Trash and Spam folders empty automatically to keep your account tidy. You cannot change the Trash and Spam settings.

Trash deletion frequency – Trash is deleted after 7 days.
    Spam deletion frequency – Spam is deleted after 30 days.

3. MyYahoo for existing users missing

MyYahoo for existing users missing.
    MyYahoo shows non-customized page.
    As of 10-16-21, Cannot access the MyYahoo customized page.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I receive a lot of **** spam which I do not appreciate and want Yahoo to stop this from happening.

Please filter **** spam and prevent it from being distributed to people who do not want to receive this content without their permission.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Getting unwanted emails or spam is frustrating. While most spam should be caught by our spam filters, occasionally some can slip through. If that does happen it’s very important to mark the email as spam. It lets our system learn that messages from a specific place are not good and helps us make Yahoo Mail even better at recognizing future spam emails. Here’s more info: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/manage-spam-mailing-lists-yahoo-mail-sln28056.html

5. Why delete Yahoo Mail accounts accessed from China? My account was not created while being in China.

Hello Yahoo Mail,

My Yahoo Mail account was created outside of China, and I was almost always connecting from outside China prior to 2002 and between 2006 to 2014. I then had to move to China to live and work. I would appreciate if my 20+ year Yahoo Mail account could be kept alive since I want to be able to signin to it using a VPN or from my work location. Just because i have been connecting to it from China for the last 7 years does not mean this account should be deleted. Just let it be and…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it easy for us to block a certain email address.

Just one click done he or she is block from sending mail

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP BLOCKING EMAIL FROM GETTR.COM, THOUSANDS ON YAHOO HAVE SAME COMPLAINT!

STOP BLOCKING EMAIL FROM GETTR.COM, THOUSANDS ON YAHOO HAVE SAME COMPLAINT!
    JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE JOINED THE CCP DOES NOT MEAN WE AGREE.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problem with deleting my cell phone account

have a problem, When I cancelled the site that was trying to get my personal information, I also cancelled my att account for my cell phone, is there anyway to get it back?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. not charge for something as simple as changing a phone number on account

bring password back. so if someone has a change in a phone. and no backup emial account. your company wont have to charge 12.99$ a month on screwing yahoo users. make money with adds like everyone else

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d love to offer free phone support to everyone, however, free phone support is an expensive service to maintain for a free service. Most free email providers do not have any option for phone support. We care about our users, and wanted to be able to have phone support for those who want the live agent experience, and have worked hard to put together a plan that has value for everyone in order to achieve that.

You can always recover your account online for free as long as you have access to your account recovery information (mobile phone number/recovery email address). Our phone support team is there to verify that you are the rightful owner of the account by other means of verification, I’m sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you!

10. i can't find any of my emails: why?

what has happened to my emails? inbox/sent...all of them! my yahoo is blank!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hy, Yahoo Mail, I need an official yahoo administrator response !!!!

Hy, Yahoo Mail, I need an official yahoo administrator response to certify that there was no mail sent to me from one certain user, I need to use it in a legal case of right .
    Please, where can I get this official responde from an yahoo administrator .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Weird bug: Content of sent mail is incorrect in Android app but correct in browser.

Hi,

I sent a mail from chrome browser in Windows desktop. After few minutes I checked the sent folder and it looked okay. After more minutes I rechecked the sent folder but this time in Android Yahoomail app. I could see the sent mail but the content is different from what was actually sent.

It looks like yahoomail automatically saves a draft every few seconds while typing a long mail & somewhere in the process the sent mail in Android app is reflecting the content of one of those intermittent drafts & not that of the actual mail sent.
    Note…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there! Sometimes when a mailbox behaves like this it’s because of another program or app the account is being accessed from.

Syncing issues between the account and a mail app can cause emails to be moved around oddly. If you access the account through a mobile device or app, you may want to remove the account from the device and re-add it to resolve any syncing issues in the future.

Hope this helps!

13. STOP MAKING ME RE-SIGN IN OVER AND OVER!

WHY DO I KEEP GETTING THIS MESSAGE?
    "First time signing in with this device?
    We haven't seen you sign in from this device before. Choose a method below to verify that this is your account."
    I HAVE BEEN SIGNING IN EVERY WEEKDAY SINCE 1996.
    HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ME SIGN IN FROM THIS DEVICE BEFORE WHEN IVE BEEN SIGNING IN FROM THIS DEVICE FOR 26 YEARS!!
    WHY DO I HAVE TO VERIFY THAT IT'S ME, AND WHY DOES NO ONE EVER CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS?
    WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!!!
    MARK

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you sign in from a device, program, or location that we haven’t seen you use before, we may ask you to enter a verification code (sent to your recovery mobile phone or email) to verify that it’s really you.

If the recovery options displayed for your account are out-of-date, go to the “Still can’t get signed in?” section of this help article for more info: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fix-problems-signing-yahoo-account-sln2051.html

14. Log into email issues

Why do i have to reset my password every time i want to log into view my emails? once the 2 week timer goes off i have to log back in but i have to go through the reset password dance every time to do it. it is a pain to do that every time and luckily it accepts previous passwords or i would just move away completely from using it

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. how to change line spacing???????? And why do I always need to decrease text size

how to change line spacing???????? And why do I always need to decrease text size

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I just logged in my very old yahoo mail account only to find all my emails gone, every box is empty, how do we restore the old emails? how c

I just logged in my very old yahoo mail account only to find all my emails gone, every box is empty, how do we restore the old emails? how can we restore the data now.. its pathetic

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. All the folders are empty!

I just logged in my very old yahoo mail account only to find all my emails gone, every box is empty, how do we restore the old emails? how can we restore the data now.. its pathetic.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Missing emails

I am not receiving emails from two people I buy clothing from. The last email I received from either one was October 31, and I am no longer getting them even though I should be getting invoices from them. No they are not blocked, its not in junk or anyplace. If the company did an update would this cause a problem?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. yahoo.com

I can login with the yahoo.com and yahoo.com.au domain extensions however i dont get email on the yahoo.com domain why? if i can login with both then i should get emails on both...how do i resolve this issue.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

To see which domain your Yahoo account has, click on your name from the top right corner at http://mail.yahoo.com or open an email from your Inbox and hover over your name. You will see if the domain on your account is yahoo. com.au or http://yahoo.com.

Yahoo usernames are unique, meaning regardless of the domain, your username stays the same. However, you need to add the correct email address (the one you first registered at Yahoo.com) to social media sites or other companies, with the correct domain in order to receive their emails.

20. delete contacts

I want to delete contacts. Yahoo blocks votes or reactions on this subject??? Boooh!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In order to delete contacts, please follow these steps:
    1. From Yahoo Mail, click the Contacts icon.
    2. Click the All tab.
    3. Click on the contact’s name.
    4. Click the More options icon | Delete contact.
    5. Click OK to confirm you want the contact deleted.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 96 97
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base