New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. emails gone

I admit I have not logged into this email account for a while, maybe about six months or so, but I come back and see that all my emails are gone? That is kinda one of the most basic things an email service is supposed to do isn't it? Hold onto emails? And if you guys were going to dump all my emails it seems like I should of gotten some notice or some warning... or some chance to save those emails.

I hope yahoo will be able to resolve this matter.

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

128 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If an account is unused or dormant for 12 months, it is deactivated and its emails are deleted, more info here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2018.html

If this does not apply to you, You can try doing a search or doing an email restore if the email was deleted in the past 7 days.

help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

In case you are using a mail client such as Outlook or the Native mobile app, emails may be deleted by that third party client. We do recommend accessing your mail via http://yahoo.com or the Yahoo Mail app to avoid this issue.

2. Yahoo mail is so slow

Yahoo mail is so so so slow on my computer. I've been using my college email address instead (gmail) because it works so much better. However, now that I am about to graduate I have been using my yahoo email more - but it's just so frustrating how glitchy and slow it is. I really do not want to have to get an entire new email address (I would definitely use gmail if I made a new one) but if this isn't fixed soon I'm not going to have a choice.

Signed in as (Sign out)

268 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

134 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Help with my account

For the last two days I’m receiving dozens of nonsense emails. How can this be stopped? Thx

Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. editing contacts

WHY ON EARTH DID YOU REMOVE THE EDIT CONTACTS BUTTON?!! I don't want emails going to the WRONG email address because of duplicate names!! WHAT THE **** YAHOO?!!

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In order to edit a contact, click on the Contacts option on the right side of the email screen and, once the list appears, select a contact then click on the 3 dots that appear next to Details (under the Settings option) and select Edit from the drop-down menu.

6. MISSING EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!

I am missing a very specific email I am trying to locate. The new format only says I received an email in July 2018. WHERE IS IT THE EMAIL?!?!?! I NEED IT!!

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I mistakenly marked an e-mail as Spam

I accidently marked an e-mail as Spam and it wasn't Spam. What can I do? I want to keep receiving those e-mails and I'm afraid I won't now. Please help!!!

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future. Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

8. Old mail

I have just logged into my Yahoo account for the first time in a long time. All my old emails are gone. I want them back!

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you did not sign into your account within 12 months the account is deactivated. Unfortunately, you will not be able to reactivate it or re-create the same email address. You can always sign up for a new Yahoo account.

9. Please get rid of this sign in key waste of time. I just want to put my email and password and check my mailn

Go back to the original sign in email and password and you're done no codes being text or any other waste of time

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. search emails

How do I search for emails within a specific folder? I could do it within the old Yahoo! inbox.

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adds

How to create a label to block Adds? I'm full of them

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MAIL FROM YAHOOO

I got the following mail from

CustomerCare <*********@reagan.com>

Dear user,
    We are closing all old Version of Your E-mail as from today TUESDAY MAY (5/14/2019). Tap below and sign-in to get a more organized mailbox to avoid being De-activated.

UPGRADE NOW TO THE NEWEST VERSION

Thank You.

YAHOO! - Mail support

Is it a genuine mail??? Please confirm

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  33 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. less ads

We should have the option to remove ads without having to pay for anything or download any software to keep them off our screen

Signed in as (Sign out)

227 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You can put the "block" function back in the "more" options. Sorting through all the spam to find personal emails is a pain in the *****

Easy, . . reinstate the blocking function. How hard can it be? You ask how you can improve New Mail, . . . you have your answer !

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. i live on the East Coast and my yahoo email time does not match the actual time of 10:44

auto fix the time to match the time I live in, my computer automatically changes the time when we change our clocks, please see that this is fixed, its causing issues with me receiving and sending emails

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. too slow when openning the mailbox and too slow of upload the attachment!!

Dear Yahoo Technical Team,

It used to be too slow when openning the mailbox and too slow of upload the attachment!!

Can't just be smooth of using this mailbox, and it's too slow after 5;30 p.m.!

Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Missing E- Mails

In my inbox, Mails between 2nd July to 24th August 2018 are missing.
    Can you please restore the same.
    Regards
    Srini

Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I need to know how to delete contacts in my list

My list of contacts won't come up after clicking on list. Many friends have died. and I'd like to remove them from the list. How? Please send info on clearing out the list of contacts.

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please follow the steps here to delete contacts:
    1. From Yahoo Mail, click the Contacts icon
    2. Click on the contact’s name.
    3. Click the More options icon then Delete contact.
    4. Click OK to confirm you want the contact deleted.

20. Stop forcing users to enter mobile numbers

Forcing a user to enter their mobile number for "account recovery" is not a good practice in my opinion. I don't want my phone linked to this account, or any of my accounts in general... won't be using Yahoo mail anymore.
    Also, your continuous scroll Homepage is clunky - it feels heavy and dated. Good luck.

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 78 79
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base