New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attachments are not downloading

i am not able to download my file from yahoo mail. I am using this on Macbook pro & browser is safari & chrome.
    I forward my mails to my gmail id then i get may attachments download.
    Try to solve this issue ...

4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1264 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Our engineer team is currently investigating this issue. Thank you for the additional information provided.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

2. Filters

You used to be able to "filter" emails straight from the body of the email. Now there's not an option for that. Instead you have to open the settings, create a filter, going back and forth to the actual message to create the filter. Bring back the option of "filter emails like this" in the body of the email.

31st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  73 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When I open an email and read down - it jumps back to the top all the time

Stop interfering when I am scrolling down and reading an email. The program keeps jumping me back to the top of the email.

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  232 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to save my send email in my personal folder. why the option is removed?

I want sent email to be saved in my personal folders.

Thanks

496th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. All the Attachment from Old Mails have Disappeared....

All the Attachment from Old Mails have Disappeared....can't see any attachments in mailed older than a year

167th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cc vs. Bcc

When sending to multiple addresses in Cc, it would be nice to have a setting to give warning that message is going to multiple recipients, each of which can see other recipient addresses. From time to time, while meaning to send Bcc to protect email address of other recipients from "reply all" or forwarding, I accidentally put the addresses in the Cc field. Either a setting to warn would be helpful or a setting to turn off Cc. Thanks for considering this.

521st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this. We think this is a really great idea and we have passed it to our Engineering team for review.

Thanks for sharing it and please keep these bright ideas coming,
    Mail Support

7. I am trying to revert to the classic mail look, but the option to do so is not where it is supposed to be. How am I supposed to revert?

I am trying to revert to the classic mail look, but the option to do so is not where it is supposed to be. How am I supposed to revert?

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. iPhone App Problem

After the last iPhone app release of Yahoo Mail, I'm unable to open spam messages on my iPhone 8. I tried reinstalling - same problem.

763rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. cannot view full headers/raw message on new desktop mail ; cannot FORWARD (without OPENing virus email)

Yahoo1010_ggg The function [View Raw Image] Does NOT work. Never, Never, Never OPEN a bad/malicious/virus email because you will regret the disastrous consequences. ATT needs to allow (ALL) emails to be FORWARDED, WITHOUT having to OPEN the bad email, to perform the FORWARD function. I need ability to (1) access the Entire RAW email [Header, with ALL the IP address info, & Body], (2) Copy the Entire RAW email, (3) activate the FORWARD function, (4) paste COPY of Entire RAW email, at top of the temporary area. (5) enter the [Send-To] address, (6) execute Send. EX: bad email is Extortion…

763rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Address Book - Deleting Old E-mail Addresses but keep coming back

I am getitng frustrated with old e-mail addresses coming back to my Contacts after I deleted them. Some people changed their e-mail address, I deleted them and they keep coming back. I have the correct settings too for that as well.

176th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. By allowing to sort by recipient in the sent box

Cannot sort mail by recipient in the sent box. They are usually all sent by the same person.

329th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sent Mails do not go to the desired folder in one click. Every time refresh of Sent Folder is required. It is irritating.

Sent Mails do not go to the desired folder in one click. Every time refresh of Sent Folder is required. It is irritating.

499th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Calendar idea...make emails with dates attached automatically be put into the Yahoo calendar

I send a lot of invoices with dates attached, please get them to be automatically put in Yahoo calendar.

582nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. This sucks

I did not want to go to the new mail. I can not find my archive folder. The icon to switch to the new mail covered over my folders so now I have the new mail with the feed back covering the folders. This is totally messed up.

135th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Images in emails not showing.

Images in emails not showing. Even after clicking show images or allowing all images in the settings.

425th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve received several reports of Comcast/Xfinity users seeing this issue in Yahoo Mail. Our engineering team is aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

16. Calendar page is integrated poorly

Really? I click on calendar and you go to the old page? What have you been doing the last 5 years? And then when I click on mail within calendar you transition to SECOND mail page just like the other mail page so now I have two? WAKE THE F*#K UP!!!

282nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. draft problems

When you open old draft, content won't display.. After several attempts (close, oen again), it might display content..!

124th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. printing documents is very poor; doesn't download the attachments for printing

allow attached docs to download and print.. pretty basic request really.. some do and some don't for whatever reason..

75th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The "search" feature returns "nothing to see here" although on the right side it shows clearly that you have exchanged emails

Fix the "search" function for finding emails from a certain contact. It returns "nothing to see here" although it shows on the right side of the screen that we clearly have exchanged multiple emails. And I'm not referring to deleted emails. It won't even find emails that are currently sitting in my inbox!

81st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. calendar

Please enhance the calendar feature - I often get error messages in 'loading' as others have commented. You can update the appearance and functionality as well please!

184th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base