New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PUT BACK THE OLD CONTACT LIST!

Put back the old contact list. Clicking your life away like you have to do now is outrageous. PUT THE OLD VERSION BACK OR GIVE US THE OPTION TO RESTORE THE OLD VERSION OF YAHOO MAIL--which was FAAAAAARRRRRRR superior to the **** you stuck me with!

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I hate the new format. I will be changing to a new email service as soon as possible.

I hate the new format. How did I get screwed into using it?

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why all of a sudden we cannot comment on articles on your Yahoo page WTF?

Bring back the comment page how else are we to comment on idiot Democrats Biden and Warren cancelling student debt those chicken **** kids made the **** debt now pay for it why should us tax payers!

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. stop showing videos!!!!

obviously, NOBODY wants the stupid videos!!!! get rid of them as we ALL keep asking!!! this is gonna make me close the account and I already don't use it but a couple of times a year!

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Contacts check box for multiple selections

A basic functionality for the Contacts should be the ability to select multiple contacts to delete. I have thousands of contacts which are no longer used (or added due to the “Enhance Contacts” setting) which I would like to delete however the current version of Mail would entail me spending hours going into each, individual contact and deleting.

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP having the 'make more room' ad EACH time I look at my mail. If not, I will not find it hard to use another mail service.

you have me "X" out each time I see each one of my emails. Each time. SO if I have 100 emails..... I do not wish to pay for my email to have 'more room'.

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. export mailbox option/button

Why is there no option/button to export or create backups of our email?
    In Outlook, Gmail, etc, there is an easy-to-click export option.
    And with how Yahoo is closing down a lot of stuff (Groups, Answers, etc), I'm halfway expecting yahoo mail to disappear in the next decade.
    (I've used yahoo mail for 21 years, and I haven't seen any real upgrades, so I doubt email is a priority for them. And I'd rather not lose my saved emails)

9th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Yahoo Mail needs a tool for mass-editing for deleting contacts

There should be a 'SELECT ALL' button for the user to edit out more than one-at-a-time

9th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create different colored stars

I would like to create different colored stars so that I can keep things in my inbox but separate them at a glance. For instance I keep my bills starred in my inbox until they are paid, but I also run a business and star them as well for other reasons. If I could pick the color of my star it would be easier to differentiate my emails until they are filed in their respective folders. Thank you, Lesley

19th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Whatever happened to Import CSV Contacts??? You only have Export CSV...

Whatever happened to Import CSV Contacts???

You only have Export CSV...

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Yahoo is no good, period. Worthless, viral infected site. Spend 20 minutes composing message, then suddenly vanishes. Yahoo Co. is corrupt.

Totally wasted, infected site. I compose a message for 20 minutes, and message is erased; it vanishes! I have no trust in Yahoo, as I have never and will never have trust in this 7th grade educated, 100% viral infected site. Yahoo is NEVER TO BE TRUSTED. Do not use Yahoo for nothing, as they are a nothing site. What a pathetic waste of time. DO NOT EVER TRUST YAHOO, FOR IF YOU DO, THEY WILL DISSAPOINT YOU EVERYTIME. What a wasted, busted, ripoff company. You are no good to anyone; just another crooked, scam ripoff company. Nothing good about…

35th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back Alias feature

Pls bring back ability to recover and/or create Alias function as i deleted the Alias accidentally and henceforth it is inconvenient to log in to yahoo account. Thx.

19th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow for recovery of erased emails from back-ups

Please restore old emails! No notice given; have been on yahoo mail for 20 years; emails from deceased parents with family history gone! It would be a great option to have ability to recover erased emails from back-ups. I use Yahoo email for long-term content & historical tracking, with other email for day to day and another for work. Yahoo's unilateral decision to erase my data has left me at an extreme loss!

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dynamic date separators: option to supress

I find them pointless (there is a "date" column for a reason) and a waste of valuable screen real estate. Since it has been six months since the last thread on this subject was closed, I am re-submitting the request: give us a options setting to shut this "feature" off please.

23rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. send email later

Add a function similar to that already implemented in Gmail and Outlook websites, where you can schedule an email to be sent at a later date and time.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How can I broaden the width of the Folders margin ?

How can I broaden the width of the Folders margin ?

35th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Yahoo does not show a count when putting email in SPAM folder. Emails are not SPAM.

Yahoo does not show a count when putting email in SPAM folder.
    Emails are not SPAM.
    If an email is put in SPAM, let the user know there is an email in the SPAM folder, otherwise over time the email will be deleted by YAhoo.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. backspace

BACKSPACE should not delete messages! How is this a good user interface? There are many other complaints about this, but I cannot vote for them because you have the VOTE button grayed out. So, I have to create a new complaint.

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. stop showing adds in mail box

stop showing adds in mail box that's irritating.

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base