New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. EACH NEW ADD CAUSES A BLANK BROWSER PAGE TO OPEN! THIS MUST STOP!!!

Each time a new add opens to the right of my e-mails, a new blank browser page opens. I have to close the new page (which closes the add), and within a second or less, another new add pops open, which causes yet another blank browser page to open, which I have to close. This has happened as many as 12 times within a 10 second period, which is very disruptive! There has to be a way to put a stop to this! If Yahoo is going to make money by posting adds, they also need to support those who…

389th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

This issue is caused by a browser extension. Please disable the browser extensions one by one to see which one is causing this issue.

2. Attachments are not downloading

i am not able to download my file from yahoo mail. I am using this on Macbook pro & browser is safari & chrome.
    I forward my mails to my gmail id then i get may attachments download.
    Try to solve this issue ...

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1291 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our engineer team is currently investigating this issue. Thank you for the additional information provided.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

3. Disposable addresses broken

Not sure where to post - today did not receive any of my news emails, although my main account is working fine, the disposable email addresses that have worked for the past years are not coming through today. Sent a test email to one of these disposable email addresses for my yahoo.co.za account - failed with "This user does not have a yahoo.co.za account". Tried with my older yahoo.co.in disposable email addresses, these also fail and again the main yahoo.co.in account works.

684th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please send us a DM via Twitter (@YahooCare) with more info on the issue and, if possible, the error message you receive as well.

4. disposable email address not working

I created about 10 disposable email address, every thing worked well for a week, but after that No one was able to send me emails on the disposable email address. I tried it myself and got the following error message - 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (notifysumit-sirion@yahoo.com) [-9] - mta4182.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

1044th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DisposableEmailAddresses

Hi, I have been using 'Disposable Email Addresses' feature within my Yahoo mail account for many years. In fact, that is the #1 reason why I continue to make Yahoo my primary email account. For the past 10+ hours, mails sent to any of my Disposable Addresses are bouncing back to sender with error message [554: delivery error: dd Requested mail action aborted, user suspended or mailbox not found - mta4461.mail.ne1.yahoo.com]. My main email account itself is working OK so I'm sure that my Yahoo user account has NOT been suspended. Please fix the Disposable Email Addresses issues quickly because…

1184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DISAPPEARING EMAILS!!

For five days now new emails are disappearing within minutes of arriving. I changed my password, no difference. The only ones that remain are the ones from Yahoo. Please fix this!

1712th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. This sucks

I did not want to go to the new mail. I can not find my archive folder. The icon to switch to the new mail covered over my folders so now I have the new mail with the feed back covering the folders. This is totally messed up.

136th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1712th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wrong language for GUAM

I had posted this issue earlier but it was moved under the wrong category. This isn't an issue with wrong region settings so please don't move it back to that again. I'll try to be clearer about our issue.

The regional settings are correct, however, Guam(GU) was mistakenly set to use the "Gujarati" language by yahoo. I'm guessing the confusion came from Gujarati having the same acronym as Guam, "GU"

My original request:
    Hello, I'm a systems administrator for Docomo Pacific, an ISP on Guam.
    It appears yahoo automatically sets the language to gujarati for users when accessing https://login.yahoo.com/

Guam…

2371st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. email search function not working

search function not working! So annoying will only show the last 10 emails for a search term arrrrrgggggghhhh! it's been like this since september 2019! Why have you not fixed this bug. it used to show months of emails so you could find what you were looking for.
    **** I'm going to change my email to gmail sick of this time wasting to try find my email history. AAAAAAAhhhhhhh

2371st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1712th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The "search" feature returns "nothing to see here" although on the right side it shows clearly that you have exchanged emails

Fix the "search" function for finding emails from a certain contact. It returns "nothing to see here" although it shows on the right side of the screen that we clearly have exchanged multiple emails. And I'm not referring to deleted emails. It won't even find emails that are currently sitting in my inbox!

90th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. search

search function is broken please fix!

1044th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2371st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Email day/date groupings are incorrect

The days/dates "Today", "Yesterday", "Wednesday" designating when emails were received are all messed up. I am getting 2071, 2079. Don't think it's mail from the future. This is not a new problem but still has not been corrected.

2371st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mail is not working your serwer problen can you fix this

Mail is nit working, error when connecting to serwer

2371st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give the accurate number of emails...today the icon said I had 99 in my inbox but really there was only 10 or 12

When I signed in it said I had 99 emails waiting...when I opened the email there were probably 12?!?!?!?! Where are the other 80+ emails?

2371st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Some of us are visually impaired. Please use lighter color print on dark backgrounds, and your boxes like this one too. Hard to find.

Some of us are visually impaired. Use light in color letters on a dark background, Please. And you outlined boxes, like this one are hard to find sometimes. Why are you changing the format all the time!!!! I am getting ready to leave Yahoo!!!!

478th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fisrt page of a document is not rendered in the right panel

When trying to preview a document, the first page is not rendered. If there is only one page, it's not readable, if there are multiple pages (like in pdf), only the first page is not rendered, the others are ok.

458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base