Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 182nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend line bubble tag blocking my view.

Whenever I draw the trend line, the bubble tag on the middle alway block my candle price view. When there is more trend line on the chart, it even harder to see the price. Bubble tag displaying the number of candles is handy, however it should have an option to disable it. Yahoo finance is an awesome inututive tool to use just this bubble feature is so annoying. Simple is the best.

110th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please permit user to turn off display of volume data at the bottom of the index chart. I've suggested this at least three times is the past

This is a three-peat from me. I rarely want to look at volume data and it obscures stock price index data during extreme swings in the value of the price index. There is no way to turn off the display. I don't understand why you insist of making the volume chart a mandatory display. Other indicators are optional.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stock chart

I've been using Yahoo finance for years. The thing I don't like about it is the stock charts. The chart is not very visually appealing. Remember when google finance had their charts. I always used their's over the yahoo one. I don't like that it's a strip and not the full screen. Finviz and barcharts also have nicer looking charts.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full chart arrows overlap volume bars

Arrows >> in the right bottom corner of the full screen chart that are ment to be used to fastforward to last trading day actually overlap the volume bars. It makes it hard to compare volume visually with two previous days when looking at earlier trading data. Could you move them a bit lower so at least the tops of the volume bars can be seen?

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ENSURE ADS DO NOT BLOCK CONTENT!!!

It is so annoying when advertisement images block portions of the content.

182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

We’d like to investigate further, but need some screenshots and details of your inquiry.

Please click ‘Contact Us’ on our help pages (help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web) to submit a help form.

Thank you!
    Yahoo Finance

7. The volume label

The volume label sometimes hides the % label. Botlablh needs to be visible all time. At least need the ability to hide the volume label to show the other label.

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Interactive chart setting - current default setting it 'Max', this is very slow. The setting should be optional, or default to a 'weekly'.

Please give us an option for the interactive default setting. 'Max' is irrelevant to some people and takes a long time to load. A 'weekly' default setting on the interactive setting would be nice.

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Link the 'Back' option directly to the stock's portfolio location, NOT the homepage of the stock/Yahoo.

Yes, the side bar accomplishes the same intent, however, if a person has multiple watchlists, then it is too slow to scroll down and find the correct watchlist. 'Back' directly to the stocks portfolio would be much more user friendly.

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why can't we copy charts which we create (was possible previously)

We used to be able to copy and paste charts into documents with the previous system....but now it is NOT possible to copy the charts. I am a member of an Investment Club and we share information at meetings, etc. Printing charts is a requirement for us to continue using Yahoo Finance charts!

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When adding comparison companies,, used to be able to add several with commas and insert all at once.. Now have to individuals one at time.

When adding comparison companies,, used to be able to add several with commas and insert all at once.. Now have to individuals one at time.
    I like the old way , add several at once with commas

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make "newest reaction" the default

Under conversations, please make "newest reaction" the default; or allow users to select a default.

182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Thumb wheel is used inappropriately if you are actually interested in specific data.

Please, please remove the feature that changes the time scale due to the thumb wheel. Extremely bad for technical judgments.

182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. list of macro readings in economic calendar

The list of macro readings and estimates contained in your table are a hodgepodge of stats from all over the world -- No one gives a s--t what the PMI is from the Emirates. Why dont you organize it by country so those of us that follow the US indicators (which I suspect is 90% of people who look at this page want to see) can see it at one glance.

182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Squish the charts tighter

New charts too flat and spread out. Unable to identify formations. Squish the charts tighter to give them a more vertical appearance.

110th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. VERY DIFFICULT TO VIEW CANDLESTICK CHART

VERY DIFFICULT TO VIEW CANDLESTICK CHART - IT'S A WORTHLESS POS

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2y interval missing "day" option

2y chart changed the display interval to week automatically. I hope the original option of choosing day be kept as people have larger screens now a day. Thanks.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base