Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. vertical space too small reserved to what is important: the plpot of the data

The vertical space for the chart is too small.
    A lot of space is used for header, footer and advertisement.

If my browser window is not maximise (but still a big window, something like 1060x646), the space for the vertical axes is very very small, Great part of the vertical axes spaces is then used for the volume (the bottom part), and the top part is unused.)

The result is that the part of the windows used for really plot the graph is really really small (in vertical direction).

And the result of that is that almost always, what I…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the new charts are great but i would still like to see the earning's and dividend dates on the chart. otherwise a real improvement.

the new charts are great but i would still like to see the earning's and dividend dates on the chart. otherwise a real improvement.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Difficult to view more than 1 indicator @ a time (narrow bars, etc)

Very difficult to see more than one indicator. Example if you add MACD and RSI it is virtually impossible to see these indicators as their display area become very narrow, even though there is still a lot of empty space around.
    Screen area for indicators (below the price chart) needs redesigning or partitioning with proper scale.
    Long to see improvements.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wants to compare multiple stocks @ once in charts by separating tickers w/ commas in search field

I have long used Yahoo charts to view groups of funds or stocks by copy paste. E.g., I paste
    xlv,iyh,ihf,ihi,ihe
    into the compare window, hit enter and get a view of all these funds in a few quick clicks. I do this for a long list of funds and stocks.
    I can't do this now. Grrrr

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. watchlist is so small now ... and cut off by massive ad bar at the bottom ... please fix

watchlist is so small font now ... and cut off by massive ad bar at the bottom ... please fix

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I have to leave the website completely to go back to where I was. And this chart loads like a slug.

Chart loads like a slug and then I have to completely leave the website to go back. You guys are killing me financially.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy and Past into chart comparison.

The new chart tool returns an error when I try to cut and past ticker symbols into the comparison box. The current tool allows me to do this and is a nice quick way to add multiple symbols

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. when you click on the right-hand side Watchlist symbols, It doesn’t stay on the Chart screen

Now, you have enclosed the "watchlist" next to the chart. Thank you for listening our request. However, it always return to the TOP of the "watchlist" when you click on the other symbol which located the bottom of the "watchlist". It just doesn't stay the screen you wanted to view.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enterprise Value. Please switch back.

Still without enterprise value after you change. Can you please switch back presenting this data.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. how come I can't go back further than about 1 year on the charts? Worthless. I changed dates and hit 5 year and max and still the same 1 yea

Why do none of the charts go back more than a year? I hit 2 year, 5 year, ect... and still gives me one year chart. I even applied the dates starting points. Worthless. Why can't you guys just leave things alone. Everytime you change something it's for the worse...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. return to automatic line color with manual change ability for comparison plots

return to automatic line color with manual change ability for comparison plots

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. need average volume line

average volume line superimposed over the volume tics was handy

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Report the % change by default

Report the % change in a given timeframe (e.g. YTD, 1 year) BY DEFAULT. Currently, you must hover the mouse over the last price to see the % change.

Also, when you're comparing two or more assets, you should be able to see the % change for EACH asset at any point in time. This allows you to compare the assets over time by % change.

Overall, your new charting system is vastly inferior to your old one, which worked quite well. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The start/end of a trading day is hard to find in intra-day and five day chart

Should draw a vertical line in the chart with different color or thickness.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Vote down! No control over thickness of av. line, I use 50 day, 20 day, 10 day. Can't control just adding another av. by using a + sign.

Vote down! No control over thickness of av. line, I use 50 day, 20 day, 10 day. Can't control just adding another av. by using a + sign. Best to use some experienced programers, rather than "kids".

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. why are monthly charts set to end on 20th of each month? Change to actual month end date.

On monthly chart, set end of month date on actual end date of each month instead of the 20th of each month.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. bookmark indicators

We have always been able to bookmark a chart set up with preferred indicators, etc. and changing the Quote Lookup always retained these settings. Today, this changed! Now a new Quote Lookup, means we must reset all the indicators each time! Very time consuming & frustrating! Why did this simple & effective programming change all of a sudden?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  10 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base